Bracket Spot #3 - 1985 Div Playoffs or 2001 Div Playoffs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which was the better game all-around?

• 1. 1985 Playoffs - Beastly game by Dickerson

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • 2. 2001 Playoffs - Pwnage of Brett Favre

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
1985 Divisional Playoffs
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOhMreGWvcU[/youtube]
[textarea]Running back Eric Dickerson led the Rams to a victory by scoring two touchdowns and recording a playoff record 248 rushing yards. After the first half ended with a 3-0 Los Angeles lead, Dickerson scored on a 55-yard touchdown run early in the third period. On the ensuing kickoff, Kenny Duckett fumbled, and the ball was recovered by Vince Newsome to set up kicker Mike Lansford's second field goal. In the fourth period, Tony Hunter recovered a fumbled punt to set up Dickerson's 40-yard rushing touchdown. This was Tom Landry's final post-season game as the Cowboys head coach.[/textarea]

2001 Divisional Playoffs
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnUpzJ5owIc[/youtube]
[textarea]The matchup between two of the league's highly-rated quarterbacks — the Packers' Brett Favre and the Rams Kurt Warner, who shared a combined total of five NFL MVP awards, became lopsided thanks to St. Louis' improved defense, which forced 8 turnovers. Although Favre threw for 281 yards, he tied a playoff record by tossing six interceptions, three of which were returned for touchdowns. The Packers generated most of their offense early in the contest, but the turnovers gave the Rams a 24-10 halftime lead. The Rams then returned two interceptions in the second half to put the game away.[/textarea]

superfan24

Starter
Re: Bracket Spot #3 - 1985 Div Playoffs or 2001 Div Playoffs

Gotta go with the Favre game mostly cause I was there and enjoyed taunting all the cheeseheads with my fellow Rams bros after the game.
Very memorable day/night.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Gotta go with beating the Cowgirls in convincing fashion and watching the greatest RB in history do his thing. I grew up despising Dallas. I absolutely loved this game.

bluecoconuts

Legend

RamFan503 said:
Gotta go with beating the Cowgirls in convincing fashion and watching the greatest RB in history do his thing. I grew up despising Dallas. I absolutely loved this game.

So is that you at 2:16 in the video? :ww:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

1985, Eric and the beat down of the Cowboys!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

bluecoconuts said:
RamFan503 said:

So is that you at 2:16 in the video? :ww:

Man is that an old school shirt. Probably had his wife make that up for him. I want one. Simple yet to the point. :7up:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

1985 was my HS Senior year... ED2105 was (and still is) my all time favorite player. Back then, I used to buy several different Monday papers so I could collect all of the Dickerson stats and write them down in a notebook (pre PC age).

Watching ED run all over the cowgirls in the playoffs was almost orgasmic. Us old timers suffered much due to the cowgirls... this was sweet redemption , and my favorite player was just FUCKING KILLING those bitches.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Selassie I said:
1985 was my HS Senior year... ED2105 was (and still is) my all time favorite player. Back then, I used to buy several different Monday papers so I could collect all of the Dickerson stats and write them down in a notebook (pre PC age).

Watching ED run all over the cowgirls in the playoffs was almost orgasmic. Us old timers suffered much due to the cowgirls... this was sweet redemption , and my favorite player was just FUCKING KILLING those bitches.

Yeah and it always cracks me up when people say ED was a finesse type back who shied away from contact. The dude blew defenders up. Yeah, he ran away from people but often it was after he ran someone over. He made a lot of his own holes where other RBs would have taken a different angle and been dragged down. Eric saw the open field on the other side of the defender and simply went through him to get there. He was a race horse with the mentality of a bull.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Man, that's a tough choice. Hmm...I guess I'll go with Dickerson running all over the Cowgirls. Count me as one of the many people who despise them and their stupid media-given nickname. I can tolerate the Packers, though.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

Eric Dickerson all day. No doubt.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

RamFan503 said:

+1

Me too. I had a very close friend that loved the Cowgirls and it was great asking him who won the game over and over and over. The next weekend... not so great.

Didn't we have a bounty out on Farve in the 2001 Divisional Playoff Game? :sly: BTY, that was a great RAMS defense! I hope we get back to that style of nasty-opportunisic defense this year!