Bracket #2 - Sweep or Sever?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sweeping the Seahawks, or Breaking the Streak of the 49ers?

• 1. Breaking the streak was a long-time coming. Best day ever

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • 2. Beating the Seahawks THREE times in one season was epic

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Which of the following games was more memorable to you? It's not often a team gets to beat up on another division rival 3 times in one season to make the playoffs, but it's also not very often that you get to sever a 17 game losing streak either.

81354947.jpg

[textarea]After being defeated by the 49ers for four straight years since the Rams moved to St Louis (and eight years in total), the Rams blow out the 49ers in a 42-20 rout where Kurt Warner went 20-23 for 323 yards and 5 touchdowns. The game is seen as the coming out party for a team that will be eventually become known as "The Greatest Show on Turf."

Isaac Bruce cries after the game, having never defeated the 49ers before.

Unfortunately, Ken Norton was not made available for comment after the game.[/textarea]

****** VS ******

Cleeland_Getty_47843.jpg

[textarea]7. 1/8/2005, Rams 27, Seahawks 20. The Rams top off a three-game season sweep of the Seahawks with a win in the first round of the playoffs, becoming the first 8-8 team to win a playoff game. Great deep passing by Marc Bulger (18-32-313) helped stake the Rams to a 14-3 lead. They'd fall behind 20-17, but tied it and then took the lead on Bulger's 17-yard TD pass to Cam Cleeland on a 3rd-and-3. Seattle charged back downfield late in an effort to tie, but rare big plays from Jimmy Kennedy and Damione Lewis set them back, with a pressured Matt Hasselbeck missing connections with Bobby Engram in the end zone on 4th down to end the game.[/textarea]

Bracket updated --
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8296

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Having personally suffered through all 17 of those loses ...

Breaking that streak wins by a HUGE margin.

I know the seagirls are Divisional opponents (now)... but I still see them as an AFC team in parts of my deranged mind.

FUCK the whiners .... bunch of bitches.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I voted for the three game sweep only because I was at the game in Seattle where we came back from 17 points down with about 5 minutes left and then won it in overtime. My dad flew up so he could go to that game with us. Alexander was running all over the field. The Rams offense looked nothing short of awful for 3+ quarters. The Seachicken fans (see - drunken, belligerent assholes) - about 5 of them - were giving us shit the whole game. And I'm not just talking normal trash talking and poking fun at the guys wearing enemy gear - even many of the Seahawk fans were embarrassed and apologized to us.

ANYHOW... back to the point. When Brandon caught the first TD in that run, the pinheads had their backs to the field flicking us shit. I just pointed down to the field and said something like, "Here it goes boys." Even I didn't really believe we were going to come all the way back. But then a 3 and out followed by the one play drive of a slant across the middle by Curtis and I couldn't help myself. I just yelled Ruh Roh in my best Astro impersonation. Funny... the A-holes were now sitting down. That was enough heckling for me with them now sitting so I just cheered like a normal (sorta) fan after that. When Wilkins kicked the field goal to tie, you could hear a pin drop at Qwest Field. I have never heard that place so quiet before or since.

One little 50 yard pass later, the Rams had the win. Funny, I couldn't even find those guys to console them. :7up:

So while I understand the hatred for the Whiners and how much getting over that hump meant, that game in Seattle was my best memory EVER of watching the Rams with my Dad.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This was easy for me. The 49er streak ended. Like Selassie, I witnessed all 17 of those and the 49ers will always, in my mind, be the Rams #1 rival. Yeah, frig the Niners in the arse!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ending the Whiners' streak. I despise them more than any other NFL team, so I love it when the Rams kick their arses up and down the Golden Gate Bridge.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Voted for the sweep.

Two reasons. One, I have family in Seattle so beating them 3 time in one year was awesome. Second, I was more than a casual fan then. When the 49ers streak was snapped I was only a casual NFL fan; was more of a college football fan.

Can definitely understand why the whiners streak being snapped is more memorable for a lot of yall tho.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
For me it was beating the 49ers and it's not even close. The sweep was great, but finally ending 17 straight games was awesome. It ended the SOSAR and began a belief and self-confidence that ultimately brought the team the Superbowl. Man that was a great year.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm going for the sweep.. Since I wasn't living in the US or following the NFL much during the 49ers game.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I've been a Ram fan since birth, and though I was too young to remember much of the ineptitude of the early 90's Rams (something about Chuck Knox), I do remember those first couple of years really struggling in St. Louis (Holla Tony Banks!). The game against the 9ers was an about face for the team and a great time to learn the finer points of NFL football.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to echo a lot of sentiments on this. When the Rams finally snapped that streak against the Niners, and in convincing fashion I might add, I was really, really stoked. And Bruce's emotions got me kind of emotional too. It was cool to know that he was as elated as a lot of fans who endured the trash talking that went along with that ridiculous streak. And it was rather cool that Ken Norton was unavailable for comment afterward.

superfan24

Starter
Niners game. I can't tell you how great that next week was. Remember just smiling everyday for the next week after kicking the shit out of the niners and to see how much it meant to the players beating the whiners made it all that much more exciting. I guess you can say the rest was history.....
Looking forward to one of these like wins in the next year or two. Its gonna happen :mrgreen:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I have to admit that the Whiner game is probably a slam dunk for most Ram fans. It no doubt would be for me as well if not for the personal connection to the one game in that sweep. I've spent 40+ years hating the Whiners and merely a decade despising the Seachickens. And there was no greater bandwagoner than a Whiner fan during their run - truly sickening. :sick: I actually can't lose with those two choices.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey... I was doing some straightening in my shop and look what I found. In case you can't read it, I had written "Seahawks up 27-10 w/6 minutes left - Seahawks 27 Rams 33 OT.

OUTSTANDING!!!

Attachments

• RamsVsSeachickens'04B.gif
    RamsVsSeachickens'04B.gif
    210.2 KB · Views: 169