Bleacher Report article has me all Hmmm......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Seth Griffith
I read earlier in an article from BR that they ranked our receiver core as #8 in the league, which i agree is a fair assessment. However, I believe that Kupp goes off this year, as the whole offense has the chance to be way better than last year. Cooks IMO is an upgrade over Watkins. That being said...

I'm really big on Everett's future, and I'm hoping it launches this year. The dude has all the tools, and can be a difference makes like J Graham or A Gates. Coach M has to see that the potential is there, and hopefully he gets some extra love this year in OTAs, Camp. pre-season and then it translates to a much improved product come mid Sept.

Bold prediction stat line for Everett 2nd Year: 750 yds/10 TDs/58 Rec.

Does anyone else share my hopes or think I'm way off the mark?

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
I read earlier in an article from BR that they ranked our receiver core as #8 in the league, which i agree is a fair assessment. However, I believe that Kupp goes off this year, as the whole offense has the chance to be way better than last year. Cooks IMO is an upgrade over Watkins. That being said...

I'm really big on Everett's future, and I'm hoping it launches this year. The dude has all the tools, and can be a difference makes like J Graham or A Gates. Coach M has to see that the potential is there, and hopefully he gets some extra love this year in OTAs, Camp. pre-season and then it translates to a much improved product come mid Sept.

I think he will be a weapon but also feel he won’t reach those numbers. You only have so many passes for each player available. I think Cooks catchers more than Watkins did, and then with Woods, Kupp, Gurley, Higbee, and maybe even a Reynolds catching throws, it is hard to be a top target very often. But I do agree, he is my pick offensively for most improved vs last year.

Ram65

Legend

Welcome to ROD. It's cool to copy and paste/post a link. To long to copy and paste/post but a nice article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ng-corps-heading-into-the-2018-season#slide32

TE is the Rams biggest question mark this year on offense. I'm a big Everett fan as well. Caught a shot of him in OTAs his bicep looked solid. I think he steps up this year too by being stronger and using better technique. Another question is how many targets can he get? Rams have Gurley and the three WRs that get targets plus the other TEs. I'll take your numbers. If he doesn't get the targets but can keep a high YPC near 13 and score 8 TD that would be great with 45 to 52 catches. He would be top ten TE.

https://fantasyfootballers.org/te-tight-end-nfl-stats/

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I see the TE position being a bigger part of the Offense

Last year McVay tried to get Tavon Austin involved a lot. He also had Sammy Watkins starting to go Diva on him. That said the TE’s
were not all that consistent, & were asked to help block more at times.

dang

Legend
I am wondering why Everett looked solid at times but didn’t really get fully engrained into offensive game plan by the end of year.

Psycho_X

Legend

I'd say that's extremely optimistic just because of how many people there are now to spread the ball to. But man, if we have a TE got over 700 yards though this offense will have been unstoppable lol. That's the last real question mark in the passing game (besides o-line depth) is whether a TE can step up and be a consistent weapon.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Everett hurt his leg early in the year and he never seemed to be involved in the offense in a meaningful way after that. I'm sure being a rookie didn't do him any favors either in getting integrated into the offense. He seems like a really sharp guy, so hopefully this is where he starts clicking. Improvement from Everett or Higbee takes some pressure off of everyone else and makes the offense that much more flexible in it's game plans.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He will be the guy replacing Watkins in the goal to go situations where they would run those quick slants inside the 5.

Name
Seth Griffith
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess part of my point is that with teams having plenty of tape on our new offense and trying to make adjustments to it, if the TE position is a new explosion, holy crap! I’ve always been a huge fan of the new breed of TE’s in the league. Ernie Conwell is one of my all time favorite Rams for some weird reason, and I was pumped about Jared Cook, but then disappointed by him.

Being a high school QB at a large high school in STL, I wished I had a great TE or that we even utilized one!