Blackmon or Richardson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I saw this on "that other site" and wanted to see what people of ROD thought about it.

You're Les Snead and you hear "The Rams are now on the clock" the browns took Tannehill, the bucs grab Claiborne and T Rich and Blackmon both fall who do you select??? :idk?:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Richardson.

Is Blackmon so far removed from the rest of the receivers in this draft that you can't find a receiver of similar talent? I say no. Is Richardson so far removed from the rest of the RBs in this draft that you can't find a back of similar talent? I say yes. You wanna take pressure off the QB? Run Jackson and Richardson at a defense for a while. That should soften things up a little.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Agreed! Trent Richardson is in a class by himself and he could be a huge asset for the Rams for years to come while there are several receivers that the Rams could draft in round 2 that could help the Rams WR corp. While these receivers may not be as good as Blackmon I don't think the gap is nearly as great as it is with Richardson and the next best RB prospect!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Richardson all day. That said, I DO feel like Blackmon will be an impact player in this league. possibly a star.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
That's a tough decision and I dont know its that linear given the circumstance laid out in the OP. If I had to choose between only those 2 Id have to go with Blackmon. TRich is obviously the better player, IDK if Blackmon is even a top 10 talent, but because we have SJ at RB and NO WRs that play anything but the slot I have to give the edge to Blackmon.

It's such a tough decision between the two I wavered several times while thinking through my answer.

It comes down to the age old philosophical draft quandary. How far are you willing to stray from your talent evaluation grade to get a player of need.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'd go with Richardson. Blackmon is the bigger need, but Richardson is more of a sure thing and will become a HUGE need in a year or two. Also, WR is a much deeper position in the draft this year, so we could find someone later who could help the WR core (even if they aren't a "true #1WR").

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
I'd go with Richardson. Blackmon is the bigger need, but Richardson is more of a sure thing and will become a HUGE need in a year or two. Also, WR is a much deeper position in the draft this year, so we could find someone later who could help the WR core (even if they aren't a "true #1WR").
Agreed. Love Jackson - LOVE'M! But there's no guarantee he'll last an entire season anymore. Richardson would be an ideal pick under this scenario. He wouldn't have to be thrown into the mix as the every down back, could be coached up well for the entire season, and he packs a punch. Benches 475 and squats 600? Kidding me? If Jackson gets dinged up, the drop-off wouldn't hurt as much as having to insert a Toston, Cadillac or Norwood, now would it? Wear defenses down. Wear them right the hell down.

Plus, we can always get Keenan Allen or Robert Woods with Washington's top pick next year. :twisted:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Blackmon all the way!

That said, I've done my best scouting by watching youtube highlights, and I wouldn't be angry if they took Richardson in the 1st, and the Sanu fella from Rutgers w/ one of the 2 2nd round picks.

I think the only way I'll be upset is if they take a lineman w/ the 6th pick.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Where's a crystal ball when you need one? I guess you have to TRY and look to the next two years of drafting to see what caliber RBs and WRs are likely to be there in the 1st round. I'm starting to feel Blackmon is one of 3 or 4 impact WRs coming out this year and Richardson is without a doubt the leading back this year although there are half a dozen other backs that will probably be successful at least as pretty damn good complimentary backs. I guess I say Richardson and cross my fingers one of those 3 or 4 WRs are still there in the top of the 2nd round.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:
Blackmon all the way!

That said, I've done my best scouting by watching youtube highlights, and I wouldn't be angry if they took Richardson in the 1st, and the Sanu fella from Rutgers w/ one of the 2 2nd round picks.

Sounds like someone's having an identity crisis.

Richardson. There were more than a few people who wondered why we drafted Jackson when we still had Faulk.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
Blackmon all the way!

Richardson. There were more than a few people who wondered why we drafted Jackson when we still had Faulk.

Forgive me for being too lazy at the moment to look it up for getting too damn old to remember but what pick was SJ in the draft? And who did we pick, if anyone, before him that year?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ramhusker said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
Blackmon all the way!

Forgive me for being too lazy at the moment to look it up for getting too damn old to remember but what pick was SJ in the draft? And who did we pick, if anyone, before him that year?

Twenty-fourth. We traded with Denver to take him. Oh, and Cincinnati was also involved in the trade.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ramhusker said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
Blackmon all the way!

First round, 24th pick overall, didn't pick anyone before him.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I just cant see Fisher NOT being all giddy about TRich and we race up to the podium with our selection. I have a few concerns about how we would use him as long as SJ is healthy, but I think they Schotty will make it work just fine.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
Blackmon all the way!

I know it's sad. But the positive if Angry Ram doesn't become angry...that's a good thing!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Count me in for T-Rich as well but i'm pretty sure Cleveland wouldn't of let Hillis go if they didn't have a replacement plan in mind.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Barrison6 said:
Count me in for T-Rich as well but i'm pretty sure Cleveland wouldn't of let Hillis go if they didn't have a replacement plan in mind.
That's what I'm thinking too. But they may say that they could get a pretty good RB in round 2 and take Blackmon or Tannehill. What would be interesting is if Minnesota passes on Kalil and then I can see teams trying to trade up with Cleveland to take Kalil.