Binge worthy shows

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
one of my faves! haha

I agree that Birdbox didn't live up to the hype.. wasn't terrible but it reminded me of The Happening which was absolutely awful so...

The Haunting of Hill House was amazing

Dexter and Breaking Bad are on there (classics)

we tried to get into Westworld.. couldn't do it. not sure what it is.

we just finished the first season of Ozark.. very good! would definitely recommend. Gonna start the second season and then not sure what we're gonna start after that to hold us over til GAME OF THRONES!!!
At least Birdbox had a supernatural force causing the issue whereas the Happening had some nature force causing the issue. The Happening was so stupid.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Not a Netflix show

I was debating on watching this show or not

Loved the original , really like Next Generation , but I found myself losing interest with every new show after that , watched Deep Space Nine , off and on , but seldom watched Voyager or Enterprise

So I was sceptical about this new show Discovery , I heard mixed things

From the previews , I thought it looked pretty cool , just wasn't sure if I'd care for it or where it fit in with Star Trek canon

apparently it takes place 10 years before the original series , which I'm sure will alienate several fans of the original , just the look of the show looks way more sophisticated

plus the Klingons don't look anything like the ones from the original series or even Next Generation ., plue none of the Klingon ships look like any other Klingon ships either from all the other TV shows or movies

which pissed alot of people off , I'm not thrilled with it either

so.............

what about the show................

I'm six episodes in , and I'm digging it , and I didn't think I would ,

no , this is not your dads Star Trek

one thing you first notice is the modern story telling , the original show , each episode was basically it's own self contained story and always wraped up neatly at the end of each episode

not the case here , Discovery is basically just one long continuous story , like most shows are anymore , at least like most the ones on Netflix , yea , each episode has it's arch , but each episode leads right into the next

the thing I liked about this show , every time I think there is going to be a major twist ot reveal , I'm wrong ...........lol

six episodes in , I still ain't got Captain Lorca figured out

I've been avoiding all spoilers

I do know that something happens to Captain Lorca , because at the beginning of season 2 , Captain Pike takes over as the Captain of the Discovery

but I have read that the producers have listed to the fans , at least a little bit , and their changing the Klingons looks back closer to the Next Generations version and at least giving them hair , they've also teased about introducing the classic uniforms from the original show , or at least a modern version of them , , and the teaser for season two hints at the classic Klingon star ship D-7 Battle Cruiser

I'm only half way through season one and I'm already looking forward to season two . the only thing that has me worried is that their also introducing Spock into the show , which I'm sure will screw a lot of stuff up and will probably piss off even more Trekkies

but for now , I'm finding myself liking this show much more then I thought I would

The arrival of Captain Pike

Pike.jpg

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Wife and I just got done binge watching The Magicians on Netflix and are now watching the new season on SYFY. I didn't think I was going to like it but am weirdly addicted to it. It's kind of a grown up Harry Potter sort of. Very quarky and weird. Some of the characters are kind of annoying but overall we have really enjoyed it if you like sci-fi/fantasy stuff.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Check out Russian Doll. Starts a bit slow, but picks up and gets weird fast. Can binge the whole season in a couple of hrs....ask me how I know.

#SuperbowlHangoverMonday

Tano

Legend
Wife and I just got done binge watching The Magicians on Netflix and are now watching the new season on SYFY. I didn't think I was going to like it but am weirdly addicted to it. It's kind of a grown up Harry Potter sort of. Very quarky and weird. Some of the characters are kind of annoying but overall we have really enjoyed it if you like sci-fi/fantasy stuff.

From Page 2

Magicians

A really cool show - I like to say it is a Dark Version of a blend of Harry Potter and The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe

And I really like the one girl (the one that developed eye trouble - don't want to go into it further to spoil the scene), she is such a b... She cracks me up so much.

Psycho_X

Legend
From Page 2

Magicians

A really cool show - I like to say it is a Dark Version of a blend of Harry Potter and The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe

And I really like the one girl (the one that developed eye trouble - don't want to go into it further to spoil the scene), she is such a b... She cracks me up so much.

Yeah Margo and Elliot are the funniest. And Penny. I grow weary of Quenten and Alice often. Especially Alice. But fun show to watch. Has a lot of really awesome episodes like the one in season 3 where Quenten and Elliot have to make the mosaic... loved that one.

Anyway, missed your original post... guess I need to review this thread to see what else I missed.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
That was a fun series, and the charachter development was first rate.

Iowa we all know you are getting high before watching LOL.

well , it was the 70's

giphy.gif

Tano

Legend
Yeah Margo and Elliot are the funniest. And Penny. I grow weary of Quenten and Alice often. Especially Alice. But fun show to watch. Has a lot of really awesome episodes like the one in season 3 where Quenten and Elliot have to make the mosaic... loved that one.

Anyway, missed your original post... guess I need to review this thread to see what else I missed.
Quenten and Alice are annoying as heck.

I am disappointed in Elliot being taken over this year. I really like Elliot

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching Broadchurch, on season 2.
Wow. The acting is phenomenal, the content? Quite disturbing

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I missed 4 days of work last week, and watched probably 4 seasons of The Office.
I forgot how much i loved that show.

Also, for this thread's sake...

The Haunting of Hill House. Good show!

Q729

Legend

I caught the first season on Netflix and was pissed when I found out it wasn't a cancelled show. I hate waiting a week to see what happens next (damn you Netflix)! I've managed to hold off on watching every season live so far (stop the spoilers lol). Pretty good show. Doesn't hurt that the cute girls keep me hooked. :LOL:

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Five episodes in on Narcos.
It's about the Colombian drug trade, but essentially Escobar.
Really good. Has a slight touch of Scarface with a hint of Miami Vice.

Narcos Mexico to get through after.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Quenten and Alice are annoying as heck.

I am disappointed in Elliot being taken over this year. I really like Elliot

I'm only on season 1, but I find Margo and Elliott to be the annoying ones. Their flamboyance doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the show. Elliott is like the guy from Animal House who acts rich and sophisticated. It's unoriginal and overdone IMO. Margo is an arrogant ass. The drinking and partying, and being so condescending just seems out of place to me.

Penny is alright, but his whole hatred for Quentin is a little stupid. I wish the characters were written better or that some of their traits were portrayed a little differently, but I really enjoy the story.