Binge worthy shows

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Spent an hour last night sorting thru Netflix, Amazon, Showtime and HBO to find a new binge show and came up empty

What genre are you most interested in? I love history, detective shows, and music documentaries and only have Netflix.

For music there's a new series on Netflix called 'Once In a Lifetime Sessions.' The other day I watched Noel Gallagher from Oasis and next will be Nile Rodgers. The Eagles and Tom Petty docs are good as well.

Luther, Hinterland, Shetland, and Wallander are good binge worthy detective shows.

The Ken Burns series on the Civil War and Vietnam and the West are great. I enjoyed Peaky Blinders and Fargo as well.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
One that only lasted 2 seasons (I think) that may have already been mentioned was "Lilyhammer".

Miami Steve from Bruce Springsteen's band is the lead charachter, and Springsteen even made an appearance.

Unfortunately a tour started and the show was dropped.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
One that only lasted 2 seasons (I think) that may have already been mentioned was "Lilyhammer".

Miami Steve from Bruce Springsteen's band is the lead charachter, and Springsteen even made an appearance.

Unfortunately a tour started and the show was dropped.

A Mafia goon ends up in Norway. Weird and wacky premise.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What genre are you most interested in? I love history, detective shows, and music documentaries and only have Netflix.

For music there's a new series on Netflix called 'Once In a Lifetime Sessions.' The other day I watched Noel Gallagher from Oasis and next will be Nile Rodgers. The Eagles and Tom Petty docs are good as well.

Luther, Hinterland, Shetland, and Wallander are good binge worthy detective shows.

The Ken Burns series on the Civil War and Vietnam and the West are great. I enjoyed Peaky Blinders and Fargo as well.
That's the problem, I don't necessarily have a genre, I surf until something grabs my attention. I must have passed over Sense8 20 times in the past year without giving it a thought, then for some reason I tried it and was hooked.
As for history, and this is strange, but I only like to read history. Have no tolerance for fiction any more, unless I watch it. So I only read history, and only watch fiction...
I was thinking about trying Hell on Wheels based on recommendations here

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Versailles is excellent. It's about the Sun King. Great music as well. Hell On Wheels is pretty good.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yup, and it worked really, really well.

Check it out.

Oh I watched the whole series a while back.

lilyhammer-2.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Can't believe no one has mentioned Black Mirror. It's like a futuristic twilight zone. Watch you some of that...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't believe no one has mentioned Black Mirror. It's like a futuristic twilight zone. Watch you some of that...
I'll tell you what surprised the heck out of me is the show your avatar is pimping.
Cobra Kai was so good, I thought it was going to be a goof but not at all.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We've been watching "I Am A Killer". I think there are only 10 episodes. They are documentaries with a different killer on death row in every episode. They interview the killers and other parties involved with the murder(s).

Lots of lying and crazy fucked up shit.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Ken Burns has a really good one on Prohibition

I've watched most of his documentaries , the one on the Dust Bowl of the 1930's is good as well , he also has one on the history of Baseball , that I haven't watch , but it won a bunch of awards

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not big on tv, but my wife loved to binge at times, and I'd sit next to her half paying attention and reading or surfing. I enjoyed many well enough, but the only two I really followed closely were The Good Place and A Series of Unfortunate Events. Both are funny, but with serious elements. The Good Place has a professor of moral philosophy as a central character, and while there are an unending number of depressing things happening in A Series of Unfortunate Events, Neil Patrick Harris is hilarious as the bad guy.

Only 26 episodes so far on The Good Place, and 18 iirc on A Series.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Mindhunter - 2 FBI agents in the early 70's begin delving into the psychological makeup of serial killers in the hopes of catching them (1 season, so far).

The End of the F#cking World - it's funny, dark, and sometimes pretty messed up. But I couldn't stop watching it. Netflix will probably order more seasons, but I think it's better to let the story end where it did.
Those were both fantastic. I kind of agree about "The End of the Fu#cking World" but there is a part of me that's curious to see where it would go from here.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Those were both fantastic. I kind of agree about "The End of the Fu#cking World" but there is a part of me that's curious to see where it would go from here.
If they serve up more seasons, I'll definitely be watching.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I dont know if anyone here watches Orange is the New Black, but this newest season is fucking terrible. Nothing happened, and they took away some good characters.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I dont know if anyone here watches Orange is the New Black, but this newest season is freaking terrible. Nothing happened, and they took away some good characters.
I’ve been resisting because I felt they had already screwed that show up.