Binge worthy shows

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been reading about detective Heironymous (rhymes with anonymous) Bosch, since 2000. Except for maybe the last two books, I have read every book by Michael Connelly, whether Bosch was in it or not. I have read five newer Harry Bosch books books this summer, alone.

But for some reason, I have had no desire to watch "Bosch," because I fear that I will be disappointed by the portrayal of him. It's funny that I always had a mental picture of Bosch as looking like Andy Sipowicz character, played by Dennis Franz in NYPD Blue. I liked the Sipowicz character and was disappointed when I realized that Bosch in the books was a skinny guy. *mind blown.

So what do you think dieter, will I be disappointed as a book reader of Bosch with tv series Bosch?
I was not disappointed. It was nice to see the producers stick fairly close to the books. Michael Connelly is an executive producer so that has something to do with it I'm sure. Jerry the partner's character was changed and if you watched HBO's "The Wire" you will see some familiar faces. Two or so books story lines merged per season.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
It's hard for me and my wife to find shows that we both like. She was watching Deadwind on Netflix. It takes place in Finland and Estonia dubbed in English. Two seasons...very good and different from American cop shows.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Not going through 18 pages to see if it was mentioned. But "Money Heist" is damn good. I hope they finish it out with season 5.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been reading about detective Heironymous (rhymes with anonymous) Bosch, since 2000. Except for maybe the last two books, I have read every book by Michael Connelly, whether Bosch was in it or not. I have read five newer Harry Bosch books books this summer, alone.

But for some reason, I have had no desire to watch "Bosch," because I fear that I will be disappointed by the portrayal of him. It's funny that I always had a mental picture of Bosch as looking like Andy Sipowicz character, played by Dennis Franz in NYPD Blue. I liked the Sipowicz character and was disappointed when I realized that Bosch in the books was a skinny guy. *mind blown.

So what do you think dieter, will I be disappointed as a book reader of Bosch with tv series Bosch?
I love the Harry Bosch books, and love the series. Will you be disappointed? Hard to say. Depends really on how hung up you are on the differences.
Titus Welliver is not who I pictured, but I think how the begin season 1 will allow you to see how he fits. But here's where your enjoyment is make or break, when written in the 90's Bosch was a vietnam vet. At that time the cliche character from Vietnam was disheveled, mustached etc (I had pictured him as Gene Hackman- Night moves/Uncommon Valor), and the house he bought was small. In the show it takes place in modern times, and gets all the upgrades. He's too young to be a Vietnam vet, but a Vet he is, maybe Afghanistan, so the character is built differently.
Michael Connelly has been all over the series, and each season takes pieces from different books.
So give it a try, and if you can suspend the "the books were so different" vibe, I think you'll love it

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was not disappointed. It was nice to see the producers stick fairly close to the books. Michael Connelly is an executive producer so that has something to do with it I'm sure. Jerry the partner's character was changed and if you watched HBO's "The Wire" you will see some familiar faces. Two or so books story lines merged per season.
I hated Jerry Edgar in the books and he is my favorite in the show...

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Amazon Prime - The Grand Tour

After Jeremy Clarkson was fired from Top Gear, Hammond and May quit and were offered the Grand Tour.

Great car show, fantastic cars...Ferrari’s, McLaren, Lambos, Porsche

Crazy challenges, tests...BBC has tried everything to duplicate the original cast’s wit and humor with no success.

Great Show

I am obsessed with Yellowstone on Paramount...awesome show.

Modern Western...Kevin Costner....Kelly Reilly is the daughter...she’s a piece of work.

Some sex and nudity in season 1!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Last Kingdom, pretty darn good, even better as the seasons go. So many good ones mentioned already. The Turn is an interesting watch. Justified, Longmire for a few seasons, He’ll on Wheels for sure, Mindhunter, Ozarks. Making a Murderer, Ash vs The Evil Dead. To name a few. Penny Dreadful was great.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've always had a fascination with World War II. We weren't the biggest and baddest like we are now. Its a war that coulda gone either way if certain things didn't happen in our favor. Been watching a documentary on Netflix. Some interesting stuff I didn't know. If you have interest in that war it has some good information. Both from the European theater and Pacific theater.

I remember hearing about the nazi super soldiers. I thought it was just a myth. It wasn't what some horror movies portray building soldiers in a lab. The Germans were giving their soldiers this pill called Pervitin that was basically crystal meth. It allowed them to stay awake for days at a time. It affected their ability to feel empathy over killing people. Basically made them feel like super soldiers.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've always had a fascination with World War II. We weren't the biggest and baddest like we are now. Its a war that coulda gone either way if certain things didn't happen in our favor. Been watching a documentary on Netflix. Some interesting stuff I didn't know. If you have interest in that war it has some good information. Both from the European theater and Pacific theater.

I remember hearing about the nazi super soldiers. I thought it was just a myth. It wasn't what some horror movies portray building soldiers in a lab. The Germans were giving their soldiers this pill called Pervitin that was basically crystal meth. It allowed them to stay awake for days at a time. It affected their ability to feel empathy over killing people. Basically made them feel like super soldiers.
It's what fueled the Blitzkrieg.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cursed 10/10

Frank Miller "Arthur" story though he isn't the main character. Loved it as I'm a geek for the genre and liked seeing a new spin on the tale.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLTdy6PfotA

Warrior Nun 8/10

Interesting story well done and liked the cast a lot.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An0bZpuhiBE&t=5s

I really liked Cursed too. I'm a sucker for the genre also. It's thought it was well done.

I loved the ending and were us but something left me scratching my head. Hopefully there is a second season and it gets explained.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know this has been brought up here already but I'm going to do it again. The Umbrella Academy is a very good show. Season two was even better than season 1. The acting and production are very good. I've researched both seasons recently. I could see myself watching again before season three comes out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I know this has been brought up here already but I'm going to do it again. The Umbrella Academy is a very good show. Season two was even better than season 1. The acting and production are very good. I've researched both seasons recently. I could see myself watching again before season three comes out.
Started the first couple episodes of season one then got side tracked to some other stuff. I keep hearing from many people it's great so thinking I'll go back to it this weekend.

Tano

Legend
Cursed 10/10

Frank Miller "Arthur" story though he isn't the main character. Loved it as I'm a geek for the genre and liked seeing a new spin on the tale.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLTdy6PfotA

Warrior Nun 8/10

Interesting story well done and liked the cast a lot.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An0bZpuhiBE&t=5s

Warrior Nun started out really slow and my wife wanted to give up on it.

But she was glad that I stuck with the show because the last few episodes were awesome.

Cursed - I haven't been able to get into that yet. Only a few episodes in though.

We started watching other shows that came up - Umbrella Academy then Lucifer.

Oh and this season for Lucifer was the best imho.

Tano

Legend
The Last Kingdom, pretty darn good, even better as the seasons go. So many good ones mentioned already. The Turn is an interesting watch. Justified, Longmire for a few seasons, He’ll on Wheels for sure, Mindhunter, Ozarks. Making a Murderer, Ash vs The Evil Dead. To name a few. Penny Dreadful was great.
Ash vs Evil Dead - such a silly show but has got to be one of the bloodiest goriest shows I have ever seen

I loved Army of Darkness. That movie cracked me up.