Biggest Draft Surprises?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Just curious on what picks are most surprising to other Rams Fans!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Kolton Miller at 17
Rosen lasting until 10

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Niners, Raiders, Seahawks, Steelers and Vikings were all head scratchers to me though I like Hughes just surprised they went that route with the OLine that was still there.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh wow almost forgot the biggest head scratcher, the Saints trading up for Davenport and giving up a 1st next year. Wow going all in for 2018 and that's the player you do it for? crazy

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sooooo if he's at 87 or even close.... Do you do it?
Depends on the Rams grade on him over who else is on the board. But several teams that needed an edge passed on him for guys we all thought were rated lower. Hell the Saints traded a future first for a lower rated guy. I think he'll be a day 3 pick now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very entertaining, just got done reading about 20 pages of whiner and seaduck fans complaining about their picks :)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think the biggest surprise is coming tomorrow when we give up 2019 #1 to the Browns and pick Harold Landry.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the biggest surprise is coming tomorrow when we give up 2019 #1 to the Browns and pick Harold Landry.
Just a friendly tip, but stop drinking. You may have a problem.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
A couple of had scratchers for me:

1. Rashaad Penny going in the 1st - I think the 'Hawks could have traded back into the second and still have picked him up.

2. Mayfield going at #1, but then again it's the Browns - there's something about him that I just don't like...

3. The real estate given up for Marcus Davenport...

Last edited:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
How about the lack of trade value for a couple of teams? The Raiders trade with the cardinals netted a third and a fifth?

I'd have asked for more. Possibly a 2nd and 4th.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“You only give up next years first rounder when you are trading up for a quarterback”
Hahaha
Mayock was dumbfounded by that Saints pick

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just a friendly tip, but stop drinking. You may have a problem.
It did say the most surprising moves. So you think a 30 pack during a game is too much???? Should I cut back to the 16 ounce cans?????:whistle:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It did say the most surprising moves. So you think a 30 pack during a game is too much???? Should I cut back to the 16 ounce cans?????:whistle:
hahaha I honestly don't drink much anymore but a couple years ago we went to a buddy's house for the work fantasy football draft. Three guys all brought a 30 pack and proceeded to drink it minus 2 or 3 beers from random guys. Funny how those same three guys finished in the bottom three spots :D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

He did have a few questions or trending negatives about him.....his 2016 season was much better than his 2017. But that was most likely due to that ankle injury. For 43 defense teams HL's being under 6-2 is a real problem @ DE. His body strength is below average for most all 43 D teams too. So for more than half of the 32 NFL teams have little or no real use for him as a first round pick.

The team I would guess would desire HL is the Green Bay Packers. Lets see how close I was later this evening. The #45 selection. The Pats might also be desiring HL & could beat the Pack to the punch @#43 too. But the Past run a 43 D too.

Last edited: