Better view of first TD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-12-23_9-59-15.png

upload_2014-12-23_10-0-3.png

upload_2014-12-23_10-0-25.png

upload_2014-12-23_10-1-21.png

upload_2014-12-23_10-2-22.png

upload_2014-12-23_10-3-30.png
'

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trumaine was so bad in this game. I cannot explain it. I don't know if I've ever seen him play that poorly. I think he blew the coverage on the 80 yard TD too. And then he got beat numerous times while pressing and in man coverage. Was he hung over? Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. He just seemed sluggish physically and mentally all game.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Trumaine was so bad in this game. I cannot explain it. I don't know if I've ever seen him play that poorly. I think he blew the coverage on the 80 yard TD too. And then he got beat numerous times while pressing and in man coverage. Was he hung over? Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. He just seemed sluggish physically and mentally all game.

Not sure it was Tru on the 80 yarder, unless one of the coaches said it and I missed it. If the call was "lock" then Tru was right. If it was "switch" then Tru was wrong. Maybe you've heard the coaches say that the lock call was not on .. .I just have not head that

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure it was Tru on the 80 yarder, unless one of the coaches said it and I missed it. If the call was "lock" then Tru was right. If it was "switch" then Tru was wrong. Maybe you've heard the coaches say that the lock call was not on .. .I just have not head that

It's hard to tell but it seemed like a switch to me from the way Joyner played it. It's possible those two just miscommunicated but watching Jenkins on the other side of the field and knowing the Cover 2, it appeared to me that Trumaine was supposed to take the outside guy with Joyner taking the inside guy. Which meant Trumaine should have carried OBJ vertically after OBJ released to the outside and Trumaine's guy went inside.

But I can't say it with certainty. It's just based on what I saw.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's hard to tell but it seemed like a switch to me from the way Joyner played it. It's possible those two just miscommunicated but watching Jenkins on the other side of the field and knowing the Cover 2, it appeared to me that Trumaine was supposed to take the outside guy with Joyner taking the inside guy. Which meant Trumaine should have carried OBJ vertically after OBJ released to the outside and Trumaine's guy went inside.

But I can't say it with certainty. It's just based on what I saw.
Your scenario is very possible. But it is also possible it was lock and perhaps Joyner blew it. I don't know the answer. I honestly don't. It very well could be Tru. After all, he played bad on other plays. But Joyner hasn't played in weeks, only came in to play nickle after Gaines was out (this was first play that Gaines was out) and perhaps Joyner, a rookie, didn't know the call or had not had enough reps . . .

right now I am saying it's 50-50 that it was on Tru. Now, there may be evidence later in week that reveals who is at fault. I spoke to a college coach I know, and he said it's impossible to tell without know the call, and he knows tons more about coverages that I do . . . to there is that FWIW

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your scenario is very possible. But it is also possible it was lock and perhaps Joyner blew it. I don't know the answer. I honestly don't. It very well could be Tru. After all, he played bad on other plays. But Joyner hasn't played in weeks, only came in to play nickle after Gaines was out (this was first play that Gaines was out) and perhaps Joyner, a rookie, didn't know the call or had not had enough reps . . .

right now I am saying it's 50-50 that it was on Tru. Now, there may be evidence later in week that reveals who is at fault. I spoke to a college coach I know, and he said it's impossible to tell without know the call, and he knows tons more about coverages that I do . . . to there is that FWIW

Hopefully the Coach's film will shed more light on it.