Behind the Grind 2023 - Episode 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
You're my spirit animal.
It was well worth the episode! One of my favorite episodes of anything. Seeing the behind the scenes of the draft and McVay/Snead relationship is awesome.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Man…. That fired me up.

First 3 picks could all easily be starters. Easily.

It’s fun to think about the dream of a home run draft.

dang

Legend
I agree these young players will be exciting to watch. I disagree that this is a playoff team despite listening to too many Jeffrey Michael Fisher post game pressers.

The fact is are any of these draft picks Creed Humphreys who will turn out to be first year all pros? I'll put on rose colored glasses and say yes, maybe we drafted one.

Then, our Oline needs to stay healthy. Considering Boom and Allen already are coming off injuries, that's a big pill to swallow. Will Bruss step up this year and stay healthy? Another big question mark.

On defense, our projected starters have lost a ton of size. McCaffrey will try to break the single game rushing record against us. Who will replace Ramsey as the star corner? I think it's ludicrous that Rah will designate a star as it will encourage teams to run on us with smaller corners who don't excel at tackling.

This team will be exciting on offense, but there are lots of question marks I didn't even talk about. Back to our regularly scheduled thread.
Ok. Let’s settle the Humphrey debate once and for all.

2023 Rams COULD have been:
Orlando Brown LT
Avila LG
Humphries OC
Corbett RG
Hav RT

But it WILL (likely) be:
Ajax LT
Avilla LG
Shelton OC
Anchrum RG
Hav RT

Can we move on Please.

Ram65

Legend
A lot of work to make these great productions and the draft.

It is a collaboration with all of the staff inputting on the draft picks. We know Snead has the most impact on draft picks.

That was so insightful.

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Cool to see how McVay has so much respect and trust in Les Snead. McVay always asking Snead to "go with his gut" on the final call.

Interesting to learn more about the dozens of staff putting in thousands and thousands of hours of prep work for a 3-day event.

Really obvious how much they liked their top 4 picks in Avila, Young, Turner, and Bennett.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Great watch,
Players that care.
players that lead.
players that were productive.
players with experience
I Like It!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
It’s not that he’s an idiot, dude has a Lombardi and among other things, has shown the ability to think outside the box to acquire several key players for the Rams success.

It’s just his - let’s call it - ADHD brain, often makes him sound scatter brained and unable to communicate in a coherent way when he has a microphone in his face.

But yea, that same creative, unhinged thinking allowed the Rams to say Fuck them picks and secure a Lombardi and nearly two.

He’s just one of those guys that likes to step outside convention and principle to explore the what if. Bending reality to do what others can’t, in order to gain an advantage. It’s a gift really. It’s like when Asshole face called an onside kick after halftime in the Super Bowl. Reminds me of poker. Playing with a ruleset is essential, but so is a dash of unpredictability at the right time.

But ask him what he thinks about something and you will get a front row seat of that brain that will bounce from thought to thought without often finishing one thought, or an attempt at communicating an idea by using a half baked disjointed analogy because he’s probably unable to harness his racing mind long enough to carefully think through a proper analogy and how to package it for consumption.
dude, you're all over the place on that post.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think McVay allowing Snead that final say on picks this year was cool because if this draft is bad we're gonna have another rough season and there will be changes. And the first change will be GM because they're not gonna fire McVay.