Back-up QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Is QB2 currently on the roster? I wonder if there will be any interest in Andy Dalton, released by the Bengals today. I guess even if there was interest we would be struggling with cap room - but I wouldn't hate it if they could make it happen.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Until this OL is settled & proves it can pass block effectively enough I would order nothing but young healthy mobile QB's who are inexpensive. Abstain from any pocket passer or worn out ready to break QB's.

If it were my decision at this point....I would concentrate completely on our present mobile QB's John Wolford & Bryce Perkins. Even Josh Love has shown he can make accurate throws on the move! I feel fantastic about Wolford @ this time. I could also fall in :love: with Perkins abilities too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am of the opinion... playoff teams need a proven QB2.

With CoVID, who knows how that could impact our QB position? Sure... hopefully not at all. But a team with playoff aspirations should have a solid contingency.

I am intrigued by Wolford. Really like him. But let me ask you this; do you trust the keys to the car to him for an extended period?

If you have playoff goals... that’s a huge gamble based on the NFL game data we have on Wolford.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

With CoVID, who knows how that could impact our QB position? Sure... hopefully not at all. But a team with playoff aspirations should have a solid contingency.

I am intrigued by Wolford. Really like him. But let me ask you this; do you trust the keys to the car to him for an extended period?

If you have playoff goals... that’s a huge gamble based on the NFL game data we have on Wolford.

Totally, Agree! I would be more than happy if Blake Bortles returns to the Rams but if he doesn’t I hope the Rams do sign a proven veteran to backup Goff!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
IF ... we signed a vet to backup Goff, Dalton fits the bill. He played in the offense under Zach Taylor. The problem with bringing in any vet is .. they would have to sigh dirt freaking cheap. Cam don't fit that. He wants to be a starter and starter $$$. Rosen.... :sick: I'll stick with 2 of the 3 we currently have!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

J
CGI Man as much as I love you Dude, you need to relax & enjoy the Journey man. Dude life is good as a Ram Fan!!
I look back as Inam texting &’think of Dave Roberts. As a Angel Fan Instill Love the game & History as Life has presentented it.(if that is such a word :) ) As you asked ?? My answer would be what did Blake Bortles mean to The Rams last season ??

ZTruth told I’m more excited than ever.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Until this OL is settled & proves it can pass block effectively enough I would order nothing but young healthy mobile QB's who are inexpensive. Abstain from any pocket passer or worn out ready to break QB's.

If it were my decision at this point....I would concentrate completely on our present mobile QB's John Wolford & Bryce Perkins. Even Josh Love has shown he can make accurate throws on the move! I feel fantastic about Wolford @ this time. I could also fall in :love: with Perkins abilities too.

Really ? Why ?? Bonifay you have stopped drinking the Kool-Aide!!

I’ve always tried to be a realist that drinks the Lool-Aide. I believe I’m on the right path.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
IF ... we signed a vet to backup Goff, Dalton fits the bill. He played in the offense under Zach Taylor. The problem with bringing in any vet is .. they would have to sigh dirt freaking cheap. Cam don't fit that. He wants to be a starter and starter $$$. Rosen.... :sick: I'll stick with 2 of the 3 we currently have!
We cannot afford Dalton.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Dalton most likely signs w/ the Jags. Or another team in need of a starter. He's still have 3 more starter years in him

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bryce Perkins for me!

Not sure about him being the backup, but if he shows well I could see Wolford being the backup and the Rams keeping 3 QB's with the 55 man roster and Perkins being one of them. Big Arm and can run so that is something the Rams have not had in a while.

oldnotdead

Legend
Josh Rosen has been victimized by horrible coaching and forced to play a scheme that doesn't play to his strengths. Rosen would be a very good scheme fit for the Rams offense. Look who Rosen has played for, the Fins and Cards with o-lines worst than the Rams. With the Cards it was an incompatible scheme. In Miami he had no weapons and no line. I'd rather have Rosen than Wolford.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Josh Rosen has been victimized by horrible coaching and forced to play a scheme that doesn't play to his strengths.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was far better with Miami last year than Rosen. I'm staring to get the feeling that Rosen just does not have the ability and one thing I loved about Wolford was he seemed to improve game in and game out in preseason and maybe needs a longer look.

I will trust McVay here, he brought in Bortles last season and I'm sure he'll have a plan for 2020.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ryan Fitzpatrick was far better with Miami last year than Rosen. I'm staring to get the feeling that Rosen just does not have the ability and one thing I loved about Wolford was he seemed to improve game in and game out in preseason and maybe needs a longer look.

I will trust McVay here, he brought in Bortles last season and I'm sure he'll have a plan for 2020.
But Wolford, man. He seemed impressive in the few instances that I saw him play. I am pretty confident he could step in and perform in a pinch. If Goff went down for a significant stretch, the season is probably over anyway and they might as well see what he's got.