Av’s 2021 Rams 7 Round Mock Draft (Version 1.0)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
This is my first stab. Still early, and both FA and various workouts will likely change a lot of this. With that said, here are my projections!

Round 2(57): Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
Humphrey gives the Rams a bigger anchor in the middle of the OL, and would allow us to move on from UFA Austin Blythe. Humphrey has extensive experience as a starter, and is no stranger to pass protection playing for Oklahoma. Other options include Josh Myers, Ohio State (probably goes earlier), and Landon Dickerson, Alabama (perhaps could get him a bit later).

Round 3(88): Victor Dimujeke, EDGE, Duke
With Leonard Floyd and Samson Ebukam potentially leaving in free agency, and Terrell Lewis having trouble staying on the field as a rookie, the Rams can use another young pass rusher. Dimujeke had 16 sacks over the past two seasons, and also brings some needed versatility with Raheem Morris likely mixing in more 4-3 alignments.

Round 3(COMP): Dayami Brown, WR, North Carolina
Here’s that deep threat we were missing. I think Brown can last this long given the depth of the WR class and his limited route tree. He does, however, what we need a WR to do: stretch the field. Over the last two seasons, he averaged over 20 ypc and had 20 TDs.

Round 3(COMP): Baron Browning, LB, Ohio State
Though his production in college doesn’t jump off the page, he is an athletic player with the ability to play inside and a lot of upside. Though he’s not the tackling machine model at this point, I think he has “thumper” potential.

Round 4(COMP): Rodarius Williams, CB, Oklahoma State
The Rams won’t be able to retain both Darious Williams (RFA – expect to keep) and Troy Hill (UFA – probably goes), so they’ll need some depth at the CB spot. I like Williams’ size (6’0, 193) and his ability to get his hands on the ball (31 PDs in 4 years).

Round 6(183): Reed Blankenship, S, Middle Tennessee
Showed some promise, and some durability issues in college. If he can stay healthy, could be a value choice here. With John Johnson potentially leaving, depth at this spot is needed.

Round 7(215): Spencer Brown, RB, UAB
Big back (235) who can catch the ball and does well in pass protection. A replacement for UFA Malcolm Brown.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it! Personally going a future LT in the second but I absoluget going Center instead.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd love to see Creed in horns, just believe he'll be long gone before Rams get their first pick.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like it! Personally going a future LT in the second but I absoluget going Center instead.
I looked at OTs, but felt we’d be more likely to get a plug and play guy at center.

Of course, if Whit retires, that would change the priority.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd love to see Creed in horns, just believe he'll be long gone before Rams get their first pick.
Hard to say. There are three centers I like, as mentioned. I’d bet at least one falls to us.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hard to say. There are three centers I like, as mentioned. I’d bet at least one falls to us.

Still, I'd be surprised if any of them can start opening day at Center. Signals & reads are likely to require more than just the pre-season, so i'd suspect a few games into the season to see them at an OG position, then start at Center in 2022. Of course, an injury could always speed things up, but at the moment i'm pretty much anticipating Corbett starting unless the Rams go after a free agent. jmo.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This is my first stab. Still early, and both FA and various workouts will likely change a lot of this. With that said, here are my projections!

Round 2(57): Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
Humphrey gives the Rams a bigger anchor in the middle of the OL, and would allow us to move on from UFA Austin Blythe. Humphrey has extensive experience as a starter, and is no stranger to pass protection playing for Oklahoma. Other options include Josh Myers, Ohio State (probably goes earlier), and Landon Dickerson, Alabama (perhaps could get him a bit later).

Round 3(88): Victor Dimujeke, EDGE, Duke
With Leonard Floyd and Samson Ebukam potentially leaving in free agency, and Terrell Lewis having trouble staying on the field as a rookie, the Rams can use another young pass rusher. Dimujeke had 16 sacks over the past two seasons, and also brings some needed versatility with Raheem Morris likely mixing in more 4-3 alignments.

Round 3(COMP): Dayami Brown, WR, North Carolina
Here’s that deep threat we were missing. I think Brown can last this long given the depth of the WR class and his limited route tree. He does, however, what we need a WR to do: stretch the field. Over the last two seasons, he averaged over 20 ypc and had 20 TDs.

Round 3(COMP): Baron Browning, LB, Ohio State
Though his production in college doesn’t jump off the page, he is an athletic player with the ability to play inside and a lot of upside. Though he’s not the tackling machine model at this point, I think he has “thumper” potential.

Round 4(COMP): Rodarius Williams, CB, Oklahoma State
The Rams won’t be able to retain both Darious Williams (RFA – expect to keep) and Troy Hill (UFA – probably goes), so they’ll need some depth at the CB spot. I like Williams’ size (6’0, 193) and his ability to get his hands on the ball (31 PDs in 4 years).

Round 6(183): Reed Blankenship, S, Middle Tennessee
Showed some promise, and some durability issues in college. If he can stay healthy, could be a value choice here. With John Johnson potentially leaving, depth at this spot is needed.

Round 7(215): Spencer Brown, RB, UAB
Big back (235) who can catch the ball and does well in pass protection. A replacement for UFA Malcolm Brown.

I actually like Myers a lot more than Humphrey, but I don't think we get either one of them where we're picking. As for Dickerson, we'd need a redshirt year for him with his torn ACL. Not impressed by Browning at all. Dyami Brown is projected higher than our pick woudl be.

I do like the rest of your picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Call me crazy but I don't think McVay is going to be willing to start a rookie Center. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but that's the feeling I have.

Tano

Legend
Call me crazy but I don't think McVay is going to be willing to start a rookie Center. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but that's the feeling I have.
1611782814135.png

Just having fun :)