Av’s 2021 7 Round Rams Mock Draft (Version 2.0)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Its been nearly two months since my first mock, and a lot has happened since my initial projections. The Rams retained Leonard Floyd and Darious Williams, but lost several FAs. Thought there is still some uncertainty at the center position, I feel like its time for an update.

Round 2(57): Assante Samuel, Jr., DB, Florida State
(Previous selection: Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma)
I think Creed Humphrey (and my second choice at center, Josh Myers) will be gone by this point. While I do think that Quinn Meinerz, C/OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater is a possibility here (particularly if Blythe is not retained), with the departure of Troy Hill and John Johnson, I think the first priority is to bolster the defensive backfield. If Samuel is still there, I think he has the skill set for the nickel/slot role that the Rams will need to fill. He also gives the Rams needed depth in the future if Darious Williams becomes too expensive to lock down long term:
Player I might prefer, but think will be gone: Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF
Alternate choice: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington

Round 3(88): Victor Dimujeke, EDGE, Duke
(Previous selection: same)
Retaining Leonard Floyd arguably makes EDGE less of a priority, but I still think the Rams will want to add another pass rusher after losing Samson Ebukam and Morgan Fox in free agency (and given Terrell Lewis’ questionable durability).
Dimujeke had 16 sacks over the past two seasons, and has the size (270 lbs) to line up at DE or OLB.
Alternate choice: Chaunsey Golston, DE, Iowa

Round 3(COMP): Walker Little, OT, Stanford
(Previous selection: Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina)
I think the Rams address the offensive line here, and take a player who might be a future replacement for Andrew Whitworth. There is an obvious connection here, as the Rams’ new OL coach, Kevin Carberry coached Little at Stanford. Little opted out of the 2020 season, so I don’t expect him to start right away, but he could be a long-term value pick.
Alternate choice: Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame

Round 4(COMP): Demetric Felton, WR/RB/KR, UCLA
(Previous selection: Rodarius Williams, CB, Oklahoma State)
In a recent interview, Les Snead responded to a question about speed WR as a need by indicating that the Rams want to add guys, regardless of the position. That could have been a description of Felton, who lined up at RB, WR and returned kicks for the Bruins.
Alternate choice: Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn

Round 6(183): Reed Blankenship, S, Middle Tennessee
(Previous choice: same)
Showed some promise, and some durability issues in college. If he can stay healthy, could be a value choice here. With John Johnson gone, depth at this spot is need.

Round 7(215): Spencer Brown, RB, UAB
(Previous choice: same)
Big back (235) who can catch the ball and does well in pass protection. A replacement for Malcolm Brown.

Last edited:

Malibu

Pro Bowler
No chance Samuel will be there at 57 I haven't seen a single mock where he makes it out of the 1st.

As for Humphrey and Meyer both are projected 2/4 rounds. 3 teams took Centers in FA so their is a greater chance that both would be their at 57 even Alabama's Center as well.

Me personally I would go after Reiter or Andrews in FA somehow and lazer focus on ILB, G, CB for first 3 picks in some order.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No chance Samuel will be there at 57 I haven't seen a single mock where he makes it out of the 1st.
Fox, PFF, NFL.com, DraftWire/USA Today and CBSSports all have Samuel going in the second round.

Last edited:

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Avenger,
I like the picks in your draft. My only question is if a guy like Walker Little with left tackle talent will still be there in the late 3rd round.
Hopefully his opting out of the 2020 season will cause him to drop a bit.
At any rate nice job on the mock. Keep 'em coming!

~ArkyRamsFan~

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Fox, PFF, NFL.com, DraftWire/USA Today and CBSSports all have Samuel going in the second round.
Prior to his pro day that always gets a little momentum. And we always say this guy or that guy will go no later than the first or no sooner than the 6th and there are always exceptions. But for Samuel there is a lot of steam building for the kid it really wouldn't surprise me if a CB needy playoff team grabbed him at the end of the 1st. If not he could possibly fall to us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think we’re going to bring Blythe back.

I’m hoping for Reuter but if they bring Blythe back I’d consider that they only gave him a one year deal last year. He’s likely to get similar. So I think they likely try to draft his replacement.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Solid draft @AvengerRam :fistbump:

I guess that means that CB Long is not projected to be able to fill Hill's shoes, let alone CB2 in 2022?

I'm not going to touch the OC (Blyth) stituation. Hopefully, McSnead will figure out a solution so Stafford can step up in the pocket.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Love the little pick but not in the 3rd. Its Terrell Lewis all over again. I understand he may be a 1st round talent but still. Availability is the best ability and he hasn't been available.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love the little pick but not in the 3rd. Its Terrell Lewis all over again. I understand he may be a 1st round talent but still. Availability is the best ability and he hasn't been available.
Its a legitimate concern, but the upside is there, so I'd roll the dice at end of Round 3.