TGII @ Rams' first voluntary workout Monday 4/15/19 responded to questions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay did say he planned on lessening Gurley's workload starting next season, seems he is not oblivious
train
I see no arthritis! I hear of no arthritis! I know of no arthritis! ~ Faux Sgt McVay

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
giphy.gif
I love that movie

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just saw this picture of Gurley online and thought I'd post it.
train

_ht___wooden_peg_leg_4-3_MP.jpg

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The only thing that is 100% sure is that a couple of three doctors will do a few X-rays and MRIs and give their opinion on if they see anything happening.

But that's pretty standard offseason stuff for a surgically-repaired star running back.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I noticed that Todd posted some pics from the UK today on Instagram.

Looks like he's enjoying his visit... and I didn't see any knee wraps or a cane being used by him in any of the pics.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I noticed that Todd posted some pics from the UK today on Instagram.

Looks like he's enjoying his visit... and I didn't see any knee wraps or a cane being used by him in any of the pics.
Yeah he's been on vacation since the SB. Never saw him hobbling around

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

My son just tore his acl again playing rugby. The first time it was a clean tear of his acl, no pain and he had full movement of his knee except for side stepping. This time he tore his meniscus as well. Very limited movement, alot of pain. The doctor told him his meniscus tore in such a way that it will be difficult to mend it back to his knee. Said if he couldn't do it then he would most probably get arthritis in his knee in a decade or so. That's with normal life. Imagine if that happened to Gurley and he's been playing in the nfl for 4 years.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I think the most absurd mock is schrager having the rams take a RB at 31.

But if bazaro draft does happen then gurleys statement of being in a good place means he is at peace with his unreliability going forward and realizes he will be used much differently as long as the knee holds up.

On the bright side, when the rams draft a DT in the 1st, I will feel better about Todds slightly scaled back role.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I think the most absurd mock is schrager having the rams take a RB at 31.

But if bazaro draft does happen then gurleys statement of being in a good place means he is at peace with his unreliability going forward and realizes he will be used much differently as long as the knee holds up.

On the bright side, when the rams draft a DT in the 1st, I will feel better about Todds slightly scaled back role.

I said the damn same thing

View: https://twitter.com/pschrags/status/1110951615509360640?s=21

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's going to be murky for awhile I suppose.

Don't the Rams have to disclose injuries, at least during the season?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It's going to be murky for awhile I suppose.

Don't the Rams have to disclose injuries, at least during the season?
Yes, it is...yes they do. But I believe it's not enforced as we think...some loopholes maybe? Unknown to us low non informed fans. There are some things that McVay can do better to help this matter.

#1- I thought that our HC overused TGII on running downs early & late before #30 came up lame.

#2- I also thought McVay Under-utilized TGII on passing downs.

#3- He was extremely reluctant to utilize RB's Davis & Kelly until it was too late. We saw it a bit of that when Kupp was initially injured that knee & then was quickly inserted back into HD action when other slot receivers were under-utilized.

McVay is now paying Malcolm Brown big $$$ so he can be much more involved in this offense, in all phases @ all times. Its what MB signed up for! If Brown is not utilized in such a way then this resigning may not be as good as we think. Is MB really just an expensive insurance policy for the Rams? I would hope not.

I believe MB can be as important of a weapon in McVay arsenal as Cooks/ Everett/ Kupp & Higbee. If MB is on the field more often then #30 is being conserved & rested kept healthy in a slight reserve conpascity for the 3 or 4 gm post season run & not abused on headbanging gut-wrenching up the middle 1 to 2 yd requirement needs. The last game the Rams played would have been a totally different game if TGII was what he has been since he arrived 2015/ 2016/ 2017 seasons.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.therams.com/news/the-ra...tion-settles-with-the-return-of-malcolm-brown

The Rams running back situation settles with the return of Malcolm Brown

by Clarence Denni

As free agency enters its third week and the dust settles around the market, the Rams seem to have wrapped up their early offseason roster construction.

yztfabawzo3ndas7dypb.jpg

On Tuesday, head coach Sean McVay addressed the club’s most recent move to keep Malcolm Brown when asked about the team’s running backs heading into 2019.

“I think right now you feel really good about Todd [Gurley] and Malcolm — what they can both provide specific to really both being all-purpose backs,” McVay said from the NFL’s owners meeting in Phoenix.

McVay didn’t explicitly say the Rams won’t return running back C.J. Anderson for more football in L.A., saying the club is always looking to add playmakers. Instead, the head coach pointed to Brown’s production over four seasons in horns alongside Gurley — suggesting matching the Lions’ offer sheet last week may have rounded out the running backs room.

“He could truly do everything — protection, running the football, he made a big catch as early as the Oakland game on third down and short,” McVay said, encouraged about Brown’s performance in 2018 before he joined the missed the remainder of the season after injuring his clavicle Week 13.

“So we are really excited about getting Malcolm Brown back,” he added.

Despite finding the end zone on just three occasions in four seasons with the Rams, Brown has done his job backing up his superstar counterpart. Brown’s 2018 was one of his best providing support from the bench when Gurley needed a blow. He averaged 4.9 yards on 49 carries and came up just short of his career-high 246 yards rushing mark.

The running back duo that joined the club together in 2015 is currently poised to tout the rock as RB1 and RB2 for another go around in Los Angeles offense in 2019 ,and it’s a pairing that McVay says has worked well on and off the field.

“It goes back to the mutual respect that they have for each other,” McVay said. “They both have fun personalities that just kind of click well together and I think they get genuinely excited for each other when everyone else is doing well.”

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
He dances around the subject but it's all we get lol.

View: https://twitter.com/wyche89/status/1111056086453358594

Alright, I’m as confused as ever as to what is (or was, or wasn’t) up with TG’s knee.

HOWEVER, McVay saying he wants and expects TG to be “a foundational piece of the Rams for many years to come” is an extremely positive sign.

At this point, it sure sounds like the Rams are trying to not get in trouble for failing to disclose an injury.

Just never seen this level of evasiveness from the Rams FO before. But as long as TG is able to play at a high level, I won’t care if they keep up the cloak and dagger stuff ...

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Was reading this afternoon about ultrasonic debridement patella surgery after Lakers guard Josh Hart received it. Supposed to reduce discomfort in the knees for those of us that suffer from chronic knee tendinitis. This may be an option for TGII.

Anybody have this surgery or been consulted on it by a Dr.? Curious as this is a fairly new procedure and would be something I'm interested in as well.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah he's been on vacation since the SB. Never saw him hobbling around

Didja see him running and cutting though? Seems to me he's in bad shape.

Yes, it is...yes they do. But I believe it's not enforced as we think...some loopholes maybe? Unknown to us low non informed fans. There are some things that McVay can do better to help this matter.

It just occured to me if it's arthritis they do not have to say anything. It's a condition not an injury.