Around the League; Your most interesting storylines as NFL camp approaches

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For me;

Trey Lance - This is one of the bigger make or break situations… SF goes one way or another, depending on the success of Lance. It obviously impacts our Rams, big time.

AFC West - Good golly we are in store for some good games out of this division. I am looking forward to watching this unfold. It should be great.

The Browns - It sort of feels like watching a plane crash… Not that I’ve seen a plane crash… but you sort of know it’s coming… all that’s left to wonder is; “how big is the fireball?”.

Our Punter - We have been spoiled by Hekker. After Sloman crashed and burned as PK, can we nail the punter on our first try?

What interesting storylines are you watching?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I am most intrigued to see what Coen can do with the Rams offense. McVay gives you a base of excellence on offense in terms of scheme quality, but the quality of his OC matters.

Also Coen should benefit from Robinson's addition, as well as maybe having a settled backfield. Add Stafford year two to the mix and we might be poised to see a real fireworks show this season. Sure hope the line is good. :laugh1:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a few for now.

The new and improved.......................Vikings. We don't play them this year but I think they are going to be for real.

The possible "for sale" Seachickens. They might win 6 games this year (Bears, Lions, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Panthers). Paul Allen was the glue that held that team together. Side note, during that 2014 SB run, they defeated the 49's in the NFC Championship game, so let that warm your heart in that moment of darkness.

Big Whit returning for another SB run due to injuries. You read it here first. We have our Bye week in week 7. We will need him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Carson Wince and the Commodes should be interesting to watch. That division stinks on ice, so I see no reason why they cannot compete for a division title.

Obviously interested in how the Lions do after a year and some fresh talent.

Curious to see how the Oompa Loompa, doopity does in Denver.

Does Matt Ryan take the Dolts to the next level?

Jim_Mora_large.jpg

Tano

Legend
Just a few for now.

The new and improved.......................Vikings. We don't play them this year but I think they are going to be for real.

The possible "for sale" Seachickens. They might win 6 games this year (Bears, Lions, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Panthers). Paul Allen was the glue that held that team together. Side note, during that 2014 SB run, they defeated the 49's in the NFC Championship game, so let that warm your heart in that moment of darkness.

Big Whit returning for another SB run due to injuries. You read it here first. We have our Bye week in week 7. We will need him.
I think the Lions might actually beat the Seahawks - one of their 7 wins this year

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
League wide
How do the Vikings look this year? I think they have the talent to compete and with a new coaching staff they could very well win their division.

Rams
How does the Oline progress throughout the season? There will undoubtedly be some growing pains, can they get it together and challenge for another SB win?

Tano

Legend
I am intrigued by the Lions because of Goff Reynolds and Brockers on the team and Holmes in the Front Office

I think they will do well.

I have been calling for 7 wins but it would not surprise me if they got 10 wins or more. They may be the surprise team this year.

I said the Rams would go 9-7 in 2017 with a chance to win even more and everyone at my office said I was crazy and we actually got 11 wins that year with a chance at 12 wins but we rested everyone against SF

dang

Legend
Rams
-Robinson impact on passing offense.
-Wagner impact on run defense.
-Noteboom, Gaines and Scott ascent.

NFL
-If there’s any right in the world Brady/Bucs will go down in flames (9-8 or worse). And that mf’er retires for good!!
-Watson dilemma. Browns being Browns. Again!!
-AFC West Arms Race.
-Bills going 16-1. Only loss to the Rams. And if Rams don’t win the Super Bowl the Bills finally do.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am intrigued by the Lions because of Goff Reynolds and Brockers on the team and Holmes in the Front Office

I think they will do well.

I have been calling for 7 wins but it would not surprise me if they got 10 wins or more. They may be the surprise team this year.
I could see that, I like the Vikings in that division, but I don't trust the Packers and their drama queen. The Lions with a couple of breaks could easily be in post season.

nighttrain

Legend
For me it will be interesting if the Whiners cant trade Garoppolo, what then for our northern neighbors.
train

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think I am most intrigued to see what Coen can do with the Rams offense. McVay gives you a base of excellence on offense in terms of scheme quality, but the quality of his OC matters.

Also Coen should benefit from Robinson's addition, as well as maybe having a settled backfield. Add Stafford year two to the mix and we might be poised to see a real fireworks show this season. Sure hope the line is good. :laugh1:
Coen is a good storyline. Then again, the Rams OC’s tend to operate in McVay’s shadow… how will we know what Coen adds?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
League wide
How do the Vikings look this year? I think they have the talent to compete and with a new coaching staff they could very well win their division.

I was reading up on the Vikings this morning. They should make a run at the NFCC.

They added KoC as HC and drafted high on defense. They signed ZaDarius Smith. Did they do enough on offense, and the oline?

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are a lot of good story lines in the upcomimg NFL season.

Tua has been given the weapons down in Miami this year. It will be interesting to see if he is the man for the job down there.

The same could be said about Jacksonville.

Will San Fran fans like the trade up to get Lance or will they hate it for years. Wentz back in the NFC East is also going to be interesting.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I'm curious to see how Mahomes and Kansas City's offense looks without Tyreek. Smith Schuster and Kelce look good on paper. I think they might take a step back in points per game but I expect they will still be tough. It's the first time in a handful of years that I don't see them as a clear winner of the AFCW though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Will San Fran fans like the trade up to get Lance or will they hate it for years. Wentz back in the NFC East is also going to be interesting.
Be nice for an epic fail in San Francisco, however, I doubt it. Wentz if healthy is the best option that the Commodes have had in years, however, maybe the issue with both Lance & Wentz will always be health because of their style.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don’t know that it’s exactly on point to this very good thread topic but I think the AFC playoff-hunt is fascinating. And … I think the Rams have a lot to do with that. The NFL is a copycat-league, and a lot of teams are trying to copy the Rams aggressiveness in making moves in an attempt to move-their-needle from good to very good, or very good to excellent and Super-Bowl-contender.

16 teams in the AFC, and I think 13 of them have a real expectation of making the playoffs, with more than half expecting success in the postseason. Not what every player and coach says publicly in the off-season about winning. I’m talking real, internal expectations to make the playoffs and then make a deep-run.

The math doesn’t work. Half those teams are going to be hugely disappointed. Like make major changes in the off-season-disappointed. People are going to lose their jobs.

The Colts, Chargers and Ravens were miserable over not making the playoffs in 2021. If they make it in 2022, which three playoff-teams from last year will fail to qualify? The Bengals expect to continue their success. The Raiders added Jones and Adams. They're not going to be satisfied unless they win a playoff game. Kraft has publicly stated the Patriots need to not just make the playoffs but need to win a playoff game.

Denver felt like it was only a QB-away, so the Broncos traded two #1s and two #2s for a future Hall of Fame QB. Cleveland traded three #1s for Watson, gave him a raise and fully-guaranteed the contract. Miami made big moves (Hill and Armstead). You think Pittsburgh believes it's in a re-build ... I don't.

TN looked bad in its playoff-game, and lost a top-player in A.J. Brown but the Titans were #1 seed last year. The Bills and Chiefs are like the Packers, Bucs and Rams; and measure their success by whether they win a Super Bowl.

Now, there are surprises (last year’s Bengals and the 2017 Rams); and there could be this year. However, outside of the Jets, Jaguars and Texans, I think every other AFC team expects to be in the playoffs.

In the NFC, it's more typical. There are clear favorites in three of the four divisions. Although anything is possible, do the Bears, Lions, Giants, Panthers, Falcons or Seahawks have legitimate playoff-expectations?

That leaves 10 teams for 7 spots; and half of them might consider it a success just to qualify for the playoffs.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I don’t know that it’s exactly on point to this very good thread topic but I think the AFC playoff-hunt is fascinating. And … I think the Rams have a lot to do with that. The NFL is a copycat-league, and a lot of teams are trying to copy the Rams aggressiveness in making moves in an attempt to move-their-needle from good to very good, or very good to excellent and Super-Bowl-contender.

16 teams in the AFC, and I think 13 of them have a real expectation of making the playoffs, with more than half expecting success in the postseason. Not what every player and coach says publicly in the off-season about winning. I’m talking real, internal expectations to make the playoffs and then make a deep-run.

The math doesn’t work. Half those teams are going to be hugely disappointed. Like make major changes in the off-season-disappointed. People are going to lose their jobs.

The Colts, Chargers and Ravens were miserable over not making the playoffs in 2021. If they make it in 2022, which three playoff-teams from last year will fail to qualify? The Bengals expect to continue their success. The Raiders added Jones and Adams. They're not going to be satisfied unless they win a playoff game. Kraft has publicly stated the Patriots need to not just make the playoffs but need to win a playoff game.

Denver felt like it was only a QB-away, so the Broncos traded two #1s and two #2s for a future Hall of Fame QB. Cleveland traded three #1s for Watson, gave him a raise and fully-guaranteed the contract. Miami made big moves (Hill and Armstead). You think Pittsburgh believes it's in a re-build ... I don't.

TN looked bad in its playoff-game, and lost a top-player in A.J. Brown but the Titans were #1 seed last year. The Bills and Chiefs are like the Packers, Bucs and Rams; and measure their success by whether they win a Super Bowl.

Now, there are surprises (last year’s Bengals and the 2017 Rams); and there could be this year. However, outside of the Jets, Jaguars and Texans, I think every other AFC team expects to be in the playoffs.

In the NFC, it's more typical. There are clear favorites in three of the four divisions. Although anything is possible, do the Bears, Lions, Giants, Panthers, Falcons or Seahawks have legitimate playoff-expectations?

That leaves 10 teams for 7 spots; and half of them might consider it a success just to qualify for the playoffs.
I agree with you about every team except for Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

I think these 2 teams drop more than half of their games.

Trubisky as number 1 with a so so rookie as back-up? Ick.

And just what is going to happen with Watson and the other guy (brain fart right now and too lazy to look his name up)

Just who is going to be the Browns starting QB

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I agree with you about every team except for Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

I think these 2 teams drop more than half of their games.
And that's part of my point. Some of these 13 teams that have high expectations will not only miss the playoffs but they will have sub-.500-records. It's just the math. For every win, a team has to lose.

I mostly agree about the Steelers and Browns. I mentioned Pittsburgh because I think they have such a good structure and foundation, with strong coaching. Plus I think the Steelers had a very good ... under-the-radar ... off-season. Additions like James Daniels, Myles Jack, Levi Wallace and Larry Ogunjobi are solid players. Cleveland, with a looming Watson suspension, could really struggle. However, I think both teams have high expectations, along with eleven others in the AFC.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Aside from the Lance controversy, I’m most interested in the Broncos. I don’t believe Russell Wilson can turn their offense into his old Super Bowl Seahawks teams. Combined with the Denver defense, and Hackett, will it be enough to get Denver to the AFC CG?