Are the Steelers a mess?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Psycho_X posted this in a different thread but I thought it worth a thread/discussion of its own. What a mess

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yes, the Squeelers are a mess, but that Canada burner acct was clearly a fake story....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, the Squeelers are a mess, but that Canada burner acct was clearly a fake story....
How so?
They debunked the email address, sort of...
The tweets from that account sure support the story

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I guess the first time I saw it was on a joke account. Wouldn't surprise me if true though. Also wouldn't be the first time a player or coach has used a burner for this purpose.

I am friends with a few die hard Steelers fans, and they have been ready to move on from Tomlin for years.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Everybody wants to communicate how bad the Steelers are, but yet, they are 2-2. When Tomlin has a bad season something like 5-12, then LMK. Otherwise as much as I dislike them, they've had 3 Head Coaches since 1969, THREE!

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Makes me happy to see the Steelers take a shit. They can stick all of their "terrible towels" up their asses.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Everybody wants to communicate how bad the Steelers are, but yet, they are 2-2. When Tomlin has a bad season something like 5-12, then LMK. Otherwise as much as I dislike them, they've had 3 Head Coaches since 1969, THREE!

They're pretty bad from the eye test.

Forgot the OC. Najee is the biggest disappointment ever, Kenny Pickett doesn't look like he's developing, WRs are ok, and line is meh.

The only reason why they are 2-2 is bc of the D. But then again CJ Stroud and friends carved them up. They are inconsistent AF.

I'm OK with Mike Tomlin but hes gotta make some changes somewhere.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They're pretty bad from the eye test.

Forgot the OC. Najee is the biggest disappointment ever, Kenny Pickett doesn't look like he's developing, WRs are ok, and line is meh.

The only reason why they are 2-2 is bc of the D. But then again CJ Stroud and friends carved them up. They are inconsistent AF.

I'm OK with Mike Tomlin but hes gotta make some changes somewhere.
i agree with all this, but get back to me when they are 2-7. BTW, Matt Canada has never been a good OC, cannot understand why the Steelers hired him. I will give Canada credit for holding together a Maryland football team that was in peril , but that's it.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO they always seem to find a way. I don't think Pickett is the answer at QB. Unless they get another qb with real ability it will turn out to be a vary long season for the defense.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I agree. They could have a disappointing season; and be below-average in a strong AFC ... although some of the AFC teams that projected to be really good, have been just average thus far.

All that being said, the Steelers are one of those 'Stable" organizations ... from Ownership to Front Office to the Head Coach ... that I think is good at minimizing the bad/difficult situations; and, even more importantly, getting out-from-under the negative more quickly.

I see that sometimes with players.
It's a lot easier to be happy and positive with success (although some are miserable even when their team wins because they are not getting "Theirs" ... those are the Divas in my opinion). However, when things are rough ... and almost every team, every year has rough patches ... some players just make things worse and that can extend the difficult time. Other players are able to focus and lead; and help get beyond the negativity more quickly. I think the Rams have had a lot of those kind of players in recent years.

Psycho_X

Legend
I just don't get the Pickett praise... offseason was full of talk about how great he was going to be this year. And I still see comments about him like he's a proven QB and I'm just befuddled at what people have seen I haven't. Anytime I've watched him he looks average at best but usually like a jag.

Same for George Pickens how much people were ooo'ing and ah'ing over him in offseason because of his circus catches but have yet to see him truly dominate on the field. Lot of talk so far and not much walk. He is super talented no question and could be great and he does have Pickett throwing him the ball as an excuse. But eventually I need to see it in a game consistently.

Other than that, Steelers just have an average roster overall. 8-9 seems like a reasonable record for them this season.

Tomlin is just Jeff Fisher lite. A great coach who makes really shitty choices when it comes to his offensive staff and OCs that always holds his teams back.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Steelers made changes to their Oline (that’s in part what led them to trade Dotson). It hasn’t worked out at all.

Pickett was considered an ascending talent in college as he had gotten better each year. He’s supposedly has a high football IQ. However, physical limitations always hold them back at the NFL level.

If a team doesn’t have a good QB and scheme they aren’t going anywhere. Most successful coaches had both, especially the QB. Life after Big Ben has been tough for Tomlin.

oldnotdead

Legend
The Steelers just lost their QB1 so unless they have a Purdy on the roster their season is toast.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As far as Mike Tomlin goes... anyone that can keep Antonio Brown in check for several seasons is a leader of men in my book.

muggmeister

Rookie
Tomlin has won 6 playoff games in the last 14 years since winning a Super Bowl with the team he inherited from Cowher despite NEVER having a regular season losing record. He is just as overrated as Asshole Face, my best friend is a life-long Steelers diehard fan and been screaming for years to fire Tomlin. I finally believe he is right, now I owe him a beer, shit. He is only a SLIGHTLY better version of Jeff Fisher. Did I mention that 3 of those 6 playoff wins came against backup QBs?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Until Muggs' post above, I did not realize that the Steelers have not won a playoff game over the prior six seasons (2017-2022). Pittsburgh has averaged ten wins per-year in that period but zero playoff victories.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
IMO they always seem to find a way. I don't think Pickett is the answer at QB. Unless they get another qb with real ability it will turn out to be a vary long season for the defense.
Get the man a good OC to start. Maybe he isn't THE guy at QB but imagine how much better he might be with an offensive coach...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tomlin had Josh Dobbs on the team and opted for letting him go in favor of Mason Rudolph. Dobbs doing now what many felt he could be.
While Tomlin’s streak of winning seasons is impressive, he needed to win 6 of 7 games to close last year in order to finish 9-8

I’m not sure he will survive a 5-12 season