Anyone see the ending of the Cavs v. Pacers?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What an ending!

LeBron is really making a case for himself as the greatest basketball player ever.

I know everyone likes to point to Jordan because he has six rings and is undefeated in the Finals but IMO that doesn't belong in the same discussion or everyone would say Bill Russell is the greatest ever.

This is his 15th season and it is like he's still 28 years old.

He's in the discussion and it's not hard to make the case that he might be the best to ever play. And he will probably play a handful more seasons.

He has a shot, and this is no joke, to pass Jabbar as the all time leading scorer and will almost certainly be in the top 3 in assists. Worst case he will be 4th all time.

As far as rebounds he will probably land in the top 50.

Mix that in with all of the other remarkable things he has done and it's a worthy discussion.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He should have been called for Goal Tending... but he got the benefit of the call because of the name on the back of his jersey. That's how it works in the WWF... errrr... I mean the NBA.

Victor "O" has never,,, and will never,,, get the benefit of any call by an NBA ref unless maybe he's being checked by a rookie.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He should have been called for Goal Tending... but he got the benefit of the call because of the name on the back of his jersey. That's how it works in the WWF... errrr... I mean the NBA.

Victor "O" has never,,, and will never,,, get the benefit of any call by an NBA ref unless maybe he's being checked by a rookie.

The goal tend happened so fast I think the refs just missed it because unless one of them was right on top of it it's hard to see something that was that close and that fast. I've always said the NBA needs to position a ref right under the basket. This supports that contention.

However the refs missed another critical call the play before that. He was in the paint and the ball bounced off a Pacers player and went out of bounds. It should have been Cavs ball but the refs gave it to the Pacers.

That call was really bad. And same thing applies here. A ref under the basket would have made the right call.

And even if he had been called for goal tending the Cavs still win 98-97.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Whatever Les... I still hate LeBron and Cleveland. :puke:I'll only root for King James if he's playing against Golden State or if he signs with my O-Town Magic.

That was one hell of a shot he made though.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kobe guy.....but that was a nice game.

The goal tend happened so fast I think the refs just missed it because unless one of them was right on top of it it's hard to see something that was that close and that fast.
Thought they'd review all controversial things last 2 minutes??? Oh well
That was one hell of a shot he made though.
Which I think he may have missed if the added pressure of having a 2 point deficit could have added...

Still wonder about NBA refs....they seem to give certain guys favorable calls...to aid TV match-ups....the league needsbLaBron to face someone in the eastern finals. Ratings kings that they are.....

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally different game if the refs call that correctly

But you're ignoring the fact that the refs missed an even more obvious call right before that - Indiana knocked the ball out of bounds and they were given possession. If they don't call that, it's likely the goaltend never even happens.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kobe guy.....but that was a nice game.

Thought they'd review all controversial things last 2 minutes??? Oh well
Which I think he may have missed if the added pressure of having a 2 point deficit could have added...

Still wonder about NBA refs....they seem to give certain guys favorable calls...to aid TV match-ups....the league needsbLaBron to face someone in the eastern finals. Ratings kings that they are.....

Yea I figured you would be a Kobe guy. Even as a Cavs fan I always respected Kobe - even when I thought LeBron had passed him by in 2009/2010, still respected the hell out of him. For some reason with some Kobe/Lakers fans it doesn't flow the other way with LeBron.

I agree with you about the shot with more pressure being down 2, but the refs missed a call the possession prior - should have been Cavs ball and instead they gave it to Indiana.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
For some reason with some Kobe/Lakers fans it doesn't flow the other way with LeBron.
Only cause people ask us to "choose".....If I have to choose....I'll take Kobe....couldn't imagine him ever joining the Rockets...Spurs...Kings...or the Jazz to win a title...esp. after we lost to them in the playoffs...

But Bron has done a lot...taken some awful Cavs teams far....but so did Kobe.;)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only cause people ask us to "choose".....If I have to choose....I'll take Kobe....couldn't imagine him ever joining the Rockets...Spurs...Kings...or the Jazz to win a title...esp. after we lost to them in the playoffs...

But Bron has done a lot...taken some awful Cavs teams far....but so did Kobe.;)

To be fair, LeBron never joined a team that he lost to in the playoffs.

And I feel pretty confident that if he had won three titles with prime Shaq, he'd have stayed in Cleveland.

But Kobe's two titles post Shaq were VERY impressive. Too bad we couldn't get past the Celtics or Magic to make that finals match up happen.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No doubt @Selassie I the Cavs and LeBron have owned them for years. A friend of mine is going to the game tonight in very good seats courtesy of the company she works for so she will probably see the series closed out. I think there is a sense of urgency to get LeBron some rest, he has piled up minutes this year like nobody's business.

This is a postseason performance that has been fantastic to watch. LeBron is playing at a superhuman level and now has two buzzer beating daggers. Wow!

I can't remember the last time a 4 seed went to the finals, but I would never bet against LeBron doing it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't remember the last time a 4 seed went to the finals, but I would never bet against LeBron doing it.
Look like he'll only have to only beat a Kyrie-less Celtic team to do so.
They still won 50 games, just goes to show the state of the NBA these days.
Like em or hate em, Lebron has been to the finals I think 7 straight years? This would make 8? Incredible

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Look like he'll only have to only beat a Kyrie-less Celtic team to do so.
They still won 50 games, just goes to show the state of the NBA these days.
Like em or hate em, Lebron has been to the finals I think 7 straight years? This would make 8? Incredible

I don't see the Celtics stopping the Cavs right now.

Yes it'll be 8 in a row which I think puts him second all time to Bill Russell for consecutive appearances. Russell had 9 in a row.

IMO what James is doing is more impressive than that though. It's a little easier when you have a team full of HOF players.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see the Celtics stopping the Cavs right now.

Yes it'll be 8 in a row which I think puts him second all time to Bill Russell for consecutive appearances. Russell had 9 in a row.

IMO what James is doing is more impressive than that though. It's a little easier when you have a team full of HOF players.
He's not beating any great teams either. He deserves a ton of credit, no doubt, but lets not pretend he's taking out the Larry Bird led Celtics either.
It's amazing what kind of job Stevens is doing in Boston. Playing without Kyrie, and Brown is only 50%.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's not beating any great teams either. He deserves a ton of credit, no doubt, but lets not pretend he's taking out the Larry Bird led Celtics either.
It's amazing what kind of job Stevens is doing in Boston. Playing without Kyrie, and Brown is only 50%.

Beating the Warriors after being down 3 games to 1 is epic. And he did that by sheer force of will.

In MIA he took down the mighty Spurs, though they got revenge the next year and came back from a 3-2 deficit. And in MIA he beat the OKC Thunder with Durant, Harden and Westbrook.

So they haven't all been stiffs.

I don't think they have the roster to win it, but I think they will be there.

Boston has home court, Cleveland has Lebron.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Beating the Warriors after being down 3 games to 1 is epic. And he did that by sheer force of will.

In MIA he took down the mighty Spurs, though they got revenge the next year and came back from a 3-2 deficit. And in MIA he beat the OKC Thunder with Durant, Harden and Westbrook.

So they haven't all been stiffs.

I don't think they have the roster to win it, but I think they will be there.

Boston has home court, Cleveland has Lebron.
His Miami teams were loaded and were as disappointing as they were successful.
I agree that comeback against the Warriors was amazing, but was also aided by Green's suspension.
The guy is great and deserves nothing but props for his Finals run. And he has been out of control against the Pacers and Toronto no doubt.
I just don't think its fair to look at one side without the other

And Boston is playing without Kyrie, 1/2 of Brown and of course didn't have Hayward all season.