Anyone know why we let Gregg Williams go?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

I have always been impressed with him as a DC. Not sure why we didn't offer him a contract.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't know. They thought his son was a bit of a douche (from what I read), so maybe that has something to do with it? Like, they come as a pair or something, and they didn't want Blake? Hard to speculate since there's such little information out there about it. Maybe you should ask Kevin Demoff.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://ramsondemand.com/viewforum.php?f=36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewforum.php?f=36</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am going to guess it's was because we didn't want the circus and perhaps didn't want scrutiny of his tactics being over-analyzed at every turn.

But... probably the most likely reason; the Rams couldn't afford to wait. They see 2013 as a realistic playoff run. We need a DC - now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Essentially agree with the above. My guess is that it has to do with a combination of not wanting extra scrutiny on the team, not wanting any distractions, and his son rubbing some people the wrong way and wanting to replace him, but knowing they couldn't really fire one and not the other.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think it was because they wanted to not hire Rob Ryan :what: :rofl:

In a word ......baggage