Anyone here know anything about guitars?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've been playing guitar for quite some time...about 12-13 years. I'm pretty good I guess. But I've only ever paid my acoustic Alverez. I got it from a junky for $100 all those years ago and that's where it started. I've found my alverez, I know the worth there....but I just happened into a freebie guitar last month. It's an acoustic Electric Washburn. I don't know a thing about them. I've searched the model number and i get nothing. The only thing that shows up is a simple maple bodies guitar. But this one is different.

Anyone have a clue the value, it plays great, sounds great. But I simply don't want to put down my Alverez, it just sounds better for what i play.
Screenshot_20200116-130244_Gallery.jpg

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Keep your $100/priceless beater forever
That washburn looks like a decent backup or something you can take traveling or whatever without risking your baby. The Washburn looks like a regular mass manufactured guitar - it might be quilted ash by the looks of it - brand new that will probably be 350$ and if you sell it at a pawn shop the best they would give is 75$. In between those two numbers is your Ebay price.

Just never get rid of your Alvarez. Never. Ever. Or you’ll be chasing the tone and comfort for the rest of your days.

Maybe a guitar player knows more - i’m an old bass player so take it for what it’s worth (or pawn it :)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I shoulda learned to play the gitt-ar
I shoulda learned to play them drums
Look at that mama she got it stickin' in the camera
Man, we could have some fun

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No chance I'll get rid of the Alverez. I was thinking $300-400...hoping with the amount of inlay that it may be worth more lol