Anyone for Teddy Bridgewater?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Hate this mock (mostly for the second round RB) but interesting at least:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/rob-rang

6. ST. LOUIS RAMS (FROM ATLANTA)

Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M: To compete in the ultra-physical NFC West division, priority No. 1 for the Rams must be to get tougher at the line of scrimmage. Trading down four spots with the Falcons still puts the team in position to nab one of the star tackles, in this case the ultra-reliable and versatile Matthews, whom Jeff Fisher may value over Auburn's Greg Robinson simply due to the comfort of coaching his father (Hall of Famer Bruce Matthews) back in Tennessee.

13. ST. LOUIS RAMS

Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama: The additional T.J. McDonald a year ago could pay real dividends if the Rams were able to complement him with a more fluid centerfielder to operate at free safety. Clinton-Dix boasts the field-speed, agility and ball-skills to star in this role.

2.5. ST. LOUIS RAMS (FROM ATLANTA)

Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: With the second pick receiver from the Falcons -- in a trade projected for this mock draft involving the No. 2 overall pick -- the wait ends for Bridgewater, whose slight frame and case of glove-less jitters during his Pro Day appears to have his stock sliding. Over the past five seasons (college and pro) Rams' starting quarterback Sam Bradford has started just 52 of 77 career games. Adding a quality insurance plan could be critical to the Rams improving in Jeff Fisher's third season.

2.12. ST. LOUIS RAMS

Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State: The run on backs continues with Jeff Fisher getting the draft's most physical back to complete St. Louis' refurbished offense.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Bridge over Troubled Water actually dropped until round two that would be a steal and if you went with the former Buckeye at RB and teamed him with Stacy you could refer to the tandem as Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde!

ausmurp

Starter
Not sure how anyone could hate the Hyde pick. He is the best and most complete back in this draft. He's a beast. Huge Hyde fan. I'm curious, Jrry what are your thoughts on Bridgewater now that he has dropped so much on so many boards? You once said you would take him with the first pick if he fell there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's no way we get Bridgewater in the 2nd. If we did, we won the draft. Period.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Need an OT. Hoope someone trades up for teddy lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Bridgewater struggling in private workouts
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 12, 2014

teddy-bridgewater.jpg
AP

Former Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater disappointed the NFL scouts, coaches and executives in attendance with a shaky performance at his Pro Day workout. Fortunately for Bridgewater, there are lots of private workouts between Pro Day and the draft, giving him lots of opportunities to change NFL perceptions of him.

Unfortunately for Bridgewater, those private workouts haven’t gone any better than his Pro Day. According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Bridgewater’s workouts for NFL teams have been very shaky.

The general sense seems to be that Bridgewater is sliding on draft boards. However, all it takes is one team to love Bridgewater, and he’ll still be a high first-round pick.

And it’s easy to see why a team would love Bridgewater: He was an excellent player at Louisville. Anyone would rather have a player who excels on the field but struggles in workouts than a player who struggles on the field but excels in workouts.

ausmurp

Starter
There's no way we get Bridgewater in the 2nd. If we did, we won the draft. Period.

Are you still has high on him as you were after the season ended? I'm just curious, do you agree with the talking heads concerning his draft status falling?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you still has high on him as you were after the season ended? I'm just curious, do you agree with the talking heads concerning his draft status falling?

Film hasn't changed so my opinion hasn't changed. ;)

I have no idea about his draft status. Only the guys that work in the NFL do.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I cant see how he would make it to the 2nd round, that being said, I would have a tough time passing on him at 13.

A55VA6

Legend
I wouldn't want the Rams to draft him in the 1st round... but if the guy that was once considered the top QB in the draft was somehow in our lap in the 2nd round, i'd grab him right away. That'd be a steal.

laramsoriginal

Starter
If Teddy does fall to the second round, do the rams stay committed to Bradford beyond 2-3 years? Lets say Bradford performs very well in 2014, do the rams sign him to a long term deal worth big $ knowing a very talented and cheap QB is sitting on the bench?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Teddy does fall to the second round, do the rams stay committed to Bradford beyond 2-3 years? Lets say Bradford performs very well in 2014, do the rams sign him to a long term deal worth big $ knowing a very talented and cheap QB is sitting on the bench?

Yes, you always take the proven commodity.