Anyone ever visit the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The wife has been talking about wanting to go

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been there several times. It's well worth it, but go twice a year. Christmas is an amazing time to go because they have a great deal at a huge spa in Asheville during that time. Also go in the Spring or early summer to take time to walk around the garden area and take it all in. If you are a wine fan, you are in luck. If you are a beer fan, Asheville is a great place to be.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I live 15 minutes from there. If you like massive crowds of people standing in your personal space, I highly recommend it. It's okay, I guess. If you like big houses with antiques everywhere and appreciate the history. But, again, the crowds of mouth breathers...

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The house can definitely get crowded. The grounds and garden are amazing, though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Funny (true) story about that place. my mom and sister came up to Asheville to visit a few years back, and said they wanted to see that place, so we loaded up in the car and drove over.

As we were driving into the entrance, my sister, from the front seat, points over to the left into the woods and says, "what's that guy doing?". So I look, and there's a guy standing behind a tree in full Confederate regalia, holding what looks like a musket. He sees us, and goes running back into the woods. So I figure there's some sort of reenactment thing going on to coincide with the history there. Except when we started asking around about that, people looked at me like I had three heads. The lady at the ticket desk had no idea, and neither did any of the employees leading up to the house, or any of the employees in the house.

So basically it was just a crazy dude trying to freak out the tourists who were driving in, or ghosts are indeed, real.