Anyone buy this "lack of fire" argument?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
No video, but I got this. I was making it into a new sig for myself. It's kinda close.

28sucs9.jpg
Wow, that's pretty sweet. It needs like a dragon or a ninja in there somewhere though.
You know, for dramatic effect. :ww:

F. Mulder

Starter
Like others said, we have no idea on how he is in the huddle, on the side-lines, at practice, or in the locker-room. I WAS pleased on a play fairly late in the Vikings game where a pass was Inc and Bradford was pressured (I believe- I was drinking at the time) and was visibly upset. He also seemed upset about the 4th down throw to Quick. It looked like a poor throw so maybe he was mad at himself or maybe Quick did something wrong. The point is that it was nice to see him show at least some emotion.

The one advantage about a young WR corp and a potentially young RB corp (if SJ leaves) is that he is the unadulterated leader of the offense so he can teach, motivate, get in faces, moreso than as a young QB with a vet crew.

I did, pretty clearly, hear Bradford yell "Kill" at the LOS on the first fade to Quick for the TD. He obviously changed the play at that is a good sign that he feels comfortable doing that (and I know he has done that throughout the year, but my thing is for him to take complete control of this offense and own it).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
F. Mulder said:
Like others said, we have no idea on how he is in the huddle, on the side-lines, at practice, or in the locker-room. I WAS pleased on a play fairly late in the Vikings game where a pass was Inc and Bradford was pressured (I believe- I was drinking at the time) and was visibly upset. He also seemed upset about the 4th down throw to Quick. It looked like a poor throw so maybe he was mad at himself or maybe Quick did something wrong. The point is that it was nice to see him show at least some emotion.

The one advantage about a young WR corp and a potentially young RB corp (if SJ leaves) is that he is the unadulterated leader of the offense so he can teach, motivate, get in faces, moreso than as a young QB with a vet crew.

I did, pretty clearly, hear Bradford yell "Kill" at the LOS on the first fade to Quick for the TD. He obviously changed the play at that is a good sign that he feels comfortable doing that (and I know he has done that throughout the year, but my thing is for him to take complete control of this offense and own it).
Good points. Maybe having just turned 25 last month, and with Jackson being the leader of the team basically, he hasn't really needed to be the guy who rallies the troops. The team actually does a pretty good job of motivating themselves.

He did "Kill" the play a number of times, and he also yelled "Alert Alert" a lot. Picking up on blitzes in his presnaps. This really is, basically, the first time he's had a decent situation from which to incrementally improve as the season went on. He said himself that his rookie year was "here's the play, run it and do whatever" (his exact words). 2011 was just a nightmare. No time to get the offense down with the rest of the team, way too many injuries to every conceivable position (including himself), and a pretty rough schedule. This is kind of the only time you've been able to successful evaluate his progress.

And yet, we still get bullshit like "man up" about his on-field demeanor.

Please. :roll:

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
No video, but I got this. I was making it into a new sig for myself. It's kinda close.

28sucs9.jpg
Wow, that's pretty sweet. It needs like a dragon or a ninja in there somewhere though.
You know, for dramatic effect. :ww:

Still got a good ways to go, I'll get it finished some day.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
X said:
texasRam said:
When I see Brady, Manning and the greats of the past like Marino, I see QB's that are constantly talking to the WR's after such screw ups and Ironing out exactly what needs to happen "Next time". Bradford right now seems to be lacking the leadership to Man up and Iron this out with certain WR's. It's like he's afraid of conflict. Like he is taking a Rookie approach. Someone that is afraid to ruffel feathers. He is no longer a rookie and needs to step up and lead this franchise. No more turning his head when a mistake is made. No more silence. Speak up, address it. And then if it happens again, you go to Schott and tell him to get this moron of the field because he is not where he needs to be.

Personally, I find this type of argument to be the furthest reaching criticism one could find about any player. We've finally devolved to the point that we're not satisfied with a player's genetic make-up and are insisting that he morph into Conrad Dobler.

Bradford does this more than people know, but evidently it's not quite enough. He has to throw tantrums on the field now. Running around berating everyone in an offense wherein everyone (including Bradford himself) is prone to experiencing hiccups in execution during their inaugural Schotty campaign. So, lemme get this straight. Bradford also has to be a hypocrite while he's "manning up." I wish these types of arguments would just stop, but I know it's asking a lot. If a guy isn't prone to getting pissed off at his teammates, then he's not gonna do it. If a simple "Hey, next time don't sit in the zone when you see the mike over-pursuing" isn't good enough, then I don't know what to tell ya. Steal his dog or something and maybe he'll exhibit that fire you're so desperately seeking.
Come up with something original, X...you're boy Bernie has been burying the this argument for a long time. :lol:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I've seen Sam lose his rag with many a WR when they've run the wrong route etc, and I've also seen him hold his hand up when he's overthrown, that's the mark of a great QB. The more and more I see of Sam this year, he's rounding out to be a great QB with more than plenty fire in his belly...

We'll see his rapport with the receivers improve again next season, as long as we keep the same coaching team/coordinators around them... and if we can pick up a great/seasoned (but not a banged-up vet) FA WR in the off-season we're onto a great campaign...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm never going to be ALL IN on Sam until we win a playoff game ,he's not the sort of guy whose going to win you games because he doesn't CARE whether he loses,so those who expect dramatic highlights are going to remain doubters.

Sam is to me exactly the kind of guy you need on a Fisher team , game manager when being a game manager is all you need ,enough gunslinger to step up when need be , not a prima donna it's ALL about me team divider .

I like the kid, his baby face makes him look like a rookie and probably will when he's ready to retire.
Always gonna be questions,I hope he gets the blocking Brady gets someday cuz I see him developong into that if he can be kept clean, but until we get to the show and win and maybe even after the position has factors ,one of which is being constantly scrutinized.

Raise your hand if you can see Marc Sanchez in AZ next year,I just threw that in there cuz JMO but he could be the most overscrutinized human since Elvis.

Sanchez IN AZ? With Fitzgerald and a good coach , that D, a revamped o-line ,I think that would complete the NFC WEST being the best division in football progression.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
IMO Sparrows are fucked for seasons not just next. I don't see Sanchez going there at all. GM Tannenbaum and Owner Woody fucked up and Dirty Sanchez will remain one more season with Jets at $8.5mill. Huge 16+ mill cap hit on Jets if released or traded and which owner/ gm out there would take on such a ludacris price for a now backup qb. Sanchez is done from my eyes. Damn Patriots will continue to dominate the AFC East and maybe the Fins can make a run next season at them.

AZ should draft in no particular order OT and OG from rounds 1 thru 5/6 and grab a legit TE. Of course with Bidwell running things with Graves (if retained) I'm sure they fuck up again. :cheese:

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Angry Ram said:
Yeah well, listen to Bradford wired...well technically it's Rob Turner wired but you get the point.

About 10 mins into the video.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 6aa005b59d

Thanks to ljramsfan for pointing it out.

Just now saw this. Thanks for posting the link. I thought it was cool. I wish Bradford was mic'd more often. I also will say that I also remind him yellin at Danny during the AZ game. Bradford (from that game) obviously does not play favorites, but thats just my opinion