Any big surprises you during OTAs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Hi Kevin! I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate you taking the time out of you busy schedule to answer our questions.

I was just curious, did anyone really surprise you during the OTAS? A newly acquired player that looked better than you had thought he would or a returning player that developed significantly in the offseason?

:cheers:

kdemoff

UDFA
I think the thing I noticed most during OTA's was our improved team speed. I wouldn't say I was surprised, because we have spent the past 18 months trying to improve our speed and athleticism, but it was very noticeable to all of us and I'm hopeful it will be noticeable to all of those who come to Rams Park next week for training camp. I was also pleased at the diversity of weapons we have on offense -- big tall receivers, small quicker receivers and very steady receivers who can get open and catch passes in traffic. It was like the old Nintendo hockey lineups where you could choose the skinny fast skaters, the big guys in front of the net and the medium sized guys who did everything.

Defensively, we are more athletic as well at linebacker and safety, even if less experienced. The one thing you heard over and over again at practice is the defense complaining that the offense was catching up. It was particularly apparent when one play in 7 on 7 we created a 2 on 1 with Tavon and Cook against a CB. That had defensive coachings muttering, which was fun to see. Of course, it all changes when the QB is fair game :)

KD

xander47

Rookie
kdemoff said:
I think the thing I noticed most during OTA's was our improved team speed. I wouldn't say I was surprised, because we have spent the past 18 months trying to improve our speed and athleticism, but it was very noticeable to all of us and I'm hopeful it will be noticeable to all of those who come to Rams Park next week for training camp. I was also pleased at the diversity of weapons we have on offense -- big tall receivers, small quicker receivers and very steady receivers who can get open and catch passes in traffic. It was like the old Nintendo hockey lineups where you could choose the skinny fast skaters, the big guys in front of the net and the medium sized guys who did everything.

Defensively, we are more athletic as well at linebacker and safety, even if less experienced. The one thing you heard over and over again at practice is the defense complaining that the offense was catching up. It was particularly apparent when one play in 7 on 7 we created a 2 on 1 with Tavon and Cook against a CB. That had defensive coachings muttering, which was fun to see. Of course, it all changes when the QB is fair game :)

KD

Best insight on the offense yet I think. We all talk about top 10 defense even top 5 defense. If the offense is giving the defense problems then it's headed in right direction :mrgreen: + better reps for the unproven safeties if the offense can pick on them during practice!