Any anime fans here?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm a pretty big Dragonball fan. One Piece, Naruto, One Punch Man, ect. Those are all good. I've been watching the new DB series Dragonball Super and so far it's amazing. Any other Anime fans?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Im a huge anime fan. Love all those you mentioned. Dragonball z Kai was the best, regular dbz but they cut out all the filler shit. Been watching some new spring anime. You might like boku no hero academia, super hero anime. Only 5 episodes in. Kabaneri of the iron fortress is really good and bloody. Made by the people who made attack on Titan but 100x better and really no filler at all in it, just pure action and drama.

Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekei Seikatsu is another new one that starts off kinda of blah but is getting into some dark shit fast in the last few episodes. If you can make it past the first couple episodes, its well worth it so far.

My favorite anime of all time are probably Steins/Gate and Mirai Nikki(future diary), Cowboy Bebop and Code Geass. first two are time traveling psychological craziness. Steins/Gate is coming out with a new season soon. So fkn excited. Check them out if you haven't already. Code Geass has weird animation but is amazing. Death Note was really good too. I've watched a shit ton of anime. Tokyo Ghoul was good, could have been better but still a good one. Ajin just finished its first season and is different but worth a watch. I could go on and on so will shut up now lol.

Can't wait for new season of one punch man. Saitama is the best!

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Seeing my avatar, you know what to expect. I watch my anime at kissanime.com
It's basically the Netflix of anime, and it keeps track of the latest episodes as well. My favorite so far this season is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.

My only criticism of the anime industry today is the saturation of fanservice archetypes, especially the harem genre. It's so damn cringeworthy and all the weaboos buy into that crap while the producers insist on making them. Miyazaki is right, otaku culture is ruining good writing in anime. The most recent 12-episode format show I saw that had really good writing is Erased (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Oh, and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood was awesome too. Watched that about 4 times now.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Seeing my avatar, you know what to expect. I watch my anime at kissanime.com
It's basically the Netflix of anime, and it keeps track of the latest episodes as well. My favorite so far this season is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.

My only criticism of the anime industry today is the saturation of fanservice archetypes, especially the harem genre. It's so damn cringeworthy and all the weaboos buy into that crap while the producers insist on making them. Miyazaki is right, otaku culture is ruining good writing in anime. The most recent 12-episode format show I saw that had really good writing is Erased (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi)
Agree 100% with the harem shit, its like its spreading over everything slowly.

Boku Dake ga Inai machi was good. It was the best one of last season. Second season of Gate was good, but kind of boring. Rory Mercury was really the only one I liked in the end. Should of had more of her, woulda made the season so much better.

Havent watched the new JoJo yet, never really got into him to much. Will watch eventually im sure.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm a pretty big Dragonball fan. One Piece, Naruto, One Punch Man, ect. Those are all good. I've been watching the new DB series Dragonball Super and so far it's amazing. Any other Anime fans?

I do miss the serious tension the series had back in DBZ but ultimately, the show is a mix of the original Dragon Ball and DBZ. And lol, the animation in the first four episodes in DBS was absolute shit, but glad they got the memo as it improved with time.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im a huge anime fan. Love all those you mentioned. Dragonball z Kai was the best, regular dbz but they cut out all the filler crap. Been watching some new spring anime. You might like boku no hero academia, super hero anime. Only 5 episodes in. Kabaneri of the iron fortress is really good and bloody. Made by the people who made attack on Titan but 100x better and really no filler at all in it, just pure action and drama.

Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekei Seikatsu is another new one that starts off kinda of blah but is getting into some dark crap fast in the last few episodes. If you can make it past the first couple episodes, its well worth it so far.

My favorite anime of all time are probably Steins/Gate and Mirai Nikki(future diary), Cowboy Bebop and Code Geass. first two are time traveling psychological craziness. Steins/Gate is coming out with a new season soon. So fkn excited. Check them out if you haven't already. Code Geass has weird animation but is amazing. Death Note was really good too. I've watched a crap ton of anime. Tokyo Ghoul was good, could have been better but still a good one. Ajin just finished its first season and is different but worth a watch. I could go on and on so will shut up now lol.

Can't wait for new season of one punch man. Saitama is the best!
I've heard Boku no hero was really good. And yes, Saitama is really awesome and I think it's one of the funniest amines I've ever seen.

I miss any of the Gundams and Sailor Moon was good too. Of course, Pokemon will always hold a place close to my heart since I basically grew up with it.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I do miss the serious tension the series had back in DBZ but ultimately, the show is a mix of the original Dragon Ball and DBZ. And lol, the animation in the first four episodes in DBS was absolute crap, but glad they got the memo as it improved with time.
Yeah....
image.jpeg

Honestly though, episode 5 was the only bad one.

This is from the 3rd episode.
image.jpeg

For some reason, the writers decided to say fuck it for the arcs already shown in movies. Everything since revival of F arc has been really good. And I loved the Universe 6 vs 7 tournament.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I've heard Boku no hero was really good. And yes, Saitama is really awesome and I think it's one of the funniest amines I've ever seen.

I miss any of the Gundams and Sailor Moon was good too. Of course, Pokemon will always hold a place close to my heart since I basically grew up with it.
Loved gundam wing. Have you watched the new one, mobile suit gundam: iron blooded orphans? I've downloaded but haven't watched yet. Curious if any good.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Loved gundam wing. Have you watched the new one, mobile suit gundam: iron blooded orphans? I've downloaded but haven't watched yet. Curious if any good.
I haven't watched that one yet but I heard it was pretty good.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Also @yrba1 it was just confirmed that future trunks is returning to Dragonball Super.
image.jpeg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I grew up with Pokemon, but my all-time favorite anime is Black Lagoon. I highly recommend it, but it's not safe for work/around kids.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I grew up with Pokemon, but my all-time favorite anime is Black Lagoon. I highly recommend it, but it's not safe for work/around kids.
I enjoyed that one too. Slipped my mind.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
No Game/No Life and Overlord are good ones I have rewatched and arent that old.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If y'all watching Attack on Titan, this season's payout is definitely something Game of Thrones should've been

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Mostly older stuff I saw on toonami DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Neon Genesis, Gundam, Blood+, Rurouni Kenshin.

As for newer stuff I watched Demon Slayer, awesome show, and my coworker recommended The Promised Neverland. I have a hard time finding new stuff, there's just so much out there.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've never watched a single episode of these cartoons but my Nephew loves them and my daughter, who is ten draws in this style and does pretty damn good for a ten year old.

At work, we were talking about the most powerful superhero and it never fucking fails....there will always be someone who says something like "yea. Well the dragon ball z guy(don't know his name) would kick all of their asses. " lol

Seems like a wide assortment of shit to watch and I know a ton of people that do. So, they must do something right.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I've never watched a single episode of these cartoons but my Nephew loves them and my daughter, who is ten draws in this style and does pretty damn good for a ten year old.

At work, we were talking about the most powerful superhero and it never fucking fails....there will always be someone who says something like "yea. Well the dragon ball z guy(don't know his name) would kick all of their asses. " lol

Seems like a wide assortment of shit to watch and I know a ton of people that do. So, they must do something right.
You said cartoon :cry::ROFLMAO:

But for real, any comparisons that people make between DC comic superhero’s and anime characters like Goku(the dbz guy)are misguided. Different universe, different powers.