Another Manning in the pipeline

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...g-already-an-impressive-quarterback-prospect/

Third generation Manning already an impressive quarterback prospect

Get ready for the next quarterback named Manning.

Arch Manning, grandson of Archie Manning, nephew of Peyton and Eli Manning, son of Cooper Manning, is still in eighth grade but played in a scrimmage Friday with the varsity team at Isidore Newman School, where his dad and both uncles also played their high school football.

The footage is impressive.

View: https://twitter.com/garlandgillen/status/1129763513059168256?s=21

Arch Manning looks like, well, a Manning. He has good accuracy, seems to command the offense well, and has mobility more reminiscent of his grandpa than his uncles.

Newman varsity football coach Nelson Stewart told WVUE in January that Arch Manning is already drawing a lot of interest and should be ready to play with the varsity quickly.

“Nowadays with social media, and what’s out there, obviously the interest has started,” he said. “As we say, he’s still an eighth-grader. Obviously we’re excited to have him. I think as hard as he’s working, and the the things I’ve seen, he’ll be here in a hurry. . . . He’s got a high football IQ. I think one of the things about Cooper, he grew up around it. Watching Cooper through the years, he’s a guy who understands the game. And he’s got two good uncles that have worked on some footwork, and throwing with him a little bit. He does look sound. If you look at his mechanics and his release, he’s further ahead than most we’ve had. I think he looks the part right now.”

It’s way too early to assume that Arch will do in football what his uncles and grandfather did, but he’s already got plenty of eyes on him, even before starting college.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kid looks good. You never know.

It’s hard to go wrong with that bloodline. 3 pro quarterbacks and all 3 are/were very-very good to great.

Unbelievable.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Maybe he will end up at Tennessee like Peyton, we all loved that guy when he was here.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Goff will be 11 years into his career and 32 years old, unless the young Arch-meister comes out early.

I say we package Goff, and a handful of 6th rounders and move up to the number one slot in 2027.
-Les Snead

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Goff will be 11 years into his career and 32 years old, unless the young Arch-meister comes out early.

I say we package Goff, and a handful of 6th rounders and move up to the number one slot in 2027.
-Les Snead

He'll want to keep the 6th rounders so will offer 5's.

Ram65

Legend
Eighth grade!!! Looks like a Manning. They say his dad was the best athlete of the family but, got hurt playing football.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eighth grade!!! Looks like a Manning. They say his dad was the best athlete of the family but, got hurt playing football.

My understanding is he was diagnosed with spinal stenosis at age 18 - very young for that. FWIW, he was a wide receiver, not a QB, so an embarrassment for the family anyway.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yep... let him be a kid for a minute.

You already know he's gonna have attention that compares to LeBron when he's in HS, so give him his last year of relative anonymity before he's thrust into the spotlight.