Another Long error

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-12-22_15-22-32.png

upload_2014-12-22_15-23-6.png

upload_2014-12-22_15-23-45.png

upload_2014-12-22_15-24-23.png

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Other than Chris being blocked on a pass play, what am I supposed to see here?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think you're going to want to pay attention to the secondary on that. There's absolutely no reason why Beckham should have been so wide open. Blown coverage was the problem, not Long.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Other than Chris being blocked on a pass play, what am I supposed to see here?

Chris is supposed to not get pinned inside when he reads run, it's a play action pass, they show run, and pass from it. Long needs to keep outside leverage to keep Manning from rolling right. Here, it's a half roll, not as pronounced as the previous one I posted. Also, he's being blocked by a TE, so even if he does lose outside leverage . . .he still needs to be able to whip a TE and get some pressure.

Alan

Legend
I really don't believe that Chris is fully recovered from his injury. Maybe a lack of stamina from not being able to work out his legs for such a long time. He's just not the Chris prior to the injury IMO.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think you're going to want to pay attention to the secondary on that. There's absolutely no reason why Beckham should have been so wide open. Blown coverage was the problem, not Long.
It was both . . . when they post the All-22 tomorrow I can see what the secondary did pre-snap, post-snap, etc. But now, I am looking at what the lines did. And I like Chris, but he can get pinned in twice on one quarter, he knows he has cutbacks, boots and reverses when play goes away. If he plays that 7-wedge techiniqe better, Manning has to adjust the throw . . .and maybe it's not as accurate . . . but it can be a problem with the line and the secondary on the same play

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I confess, with some of the players on this team I'm surprised to see a thread about errors by Chris Long. That's not to say he doesn't make errors, but he has to be on the short list of players who are not the reason we have been underachieving.
With the injury he had, I'm happy he's been available to play.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yeah I guess he did not get there to pressure Eli but neither did anyone else ALL DAY LONG (except McD on a blitz)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is this your new thing when somebody critiques the film now? Lol

Your attitude cracks me up
Yes. Yes it is. It's gonna be my thing whenever anything goes wrong with anything.

Step in some dog shit today?

sbgp06u.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
To those that want all-22, I've seen that play from a good vantage point, I think Tru bumped him then released him into coverage, where ODB stutter-stepped like he was going in/across & broke to the out. TJ McDonald was totally in a disadvantage and it was a easy throw...Stupid scheme if you ask me to have a corner just let a wr release into the secondary...Makes no sense, and it was similar to the 80 yarder ODB caught later...I mean, if it gets exposed earlier, why would you use it again?? Makes no sense...Reminds me of a saying, dudes were calling Byron Scott, the Lakers coach, TANK Commode....wanna know why?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yes. Yes it is. It's gonna be my thing whenever anything goes wrong with anything.

Step in some dog crap today?

sbgp06u.jpg
:LOL:

I don't blame Schotty, I blame our unfortunate QB situation. I know you do too and you're just mocking the ones that don't know. Like... Jim Mora "don't know" lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
:LOL:

I don't blame Schotty, I blame our unfortunate QB situation. I know you do too and you're just mocking the ones that don't know. Like... Jim Mora "don't know" lol
I'm not mocking anyone in particular. It's just my play on the whole "Thanks Obama" meme that's out there now.
This will run its course and I'll get bored of it soon enough. Then it's on to the next one. :confused:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
It was Tru on both of the Odell touchdowns. There were a few notable players who had bad games yesterday. Tru was one of them.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Seeing that Long was MIA since week 1, I'm not surprised he's inconsistent in understanding the scheme.