Angry Ram's angry mock offseason w/ FA V. 3.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Alrite, last one w/ FA stuff.

FA
Let go/cut/void their contract/whatever: Steven Jackson, Brandon Gibson, Craig Dahl, Bradley Fletcher, Mario Haggan, Trevor Laws, Rocky McIntosh, Barry Richardson, Steve Smith, Rob Turner, Darian Stewart (I know some favs here, but its either a money issue or the coaching staff doesn't seem to care much about them).

Resign: William Hayes, Chris Williams, Danny Amendola.

Alright here's the signings....

Phil Loadholt, RT, Vikings. Seems like he'll be "cheaper" than Andre Smith.

20121113_kkt_sk1_034.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Delanie Walker, TE, 49ers. I think he's underrated and honestly don't see how the other FA TEs are more differerent than Lance Kendricks. Delanie would add more speed.

13133_1359117119.JPG

Daryl Smith, OLB, Jaguars.

Hope there's enough $$$, but if there is...this dude can be a great stopgap.

105296823_display_image.jpg

2013 NFL Draft

Round 1
16. Kenny Vacarro, S, Texas

Before I said the top OL guys and Kenny Vacarro woiuld be gone, but now I think it's just gonna be the top OL guys. If this is a deep safety group, why not take the projected best of the group?

rn_g_kennyvaccaro_ms_600.jpg

22. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

W/ SJack gone, I don't see how Pead/Richardson/Ganaway will take the heat. Nothing against those guys, and they all have game...I think Eddie Lacy could be the next feature back in a long line of great Ram RBs.

hi-res-6927476_crop_exact.jpg

Round 2
Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

I'm thinking w/ Gibby gone, they need someone to replace him. And conidering there's Brian Quick and Austin Pettis as the tall guys, the injury issue can be taken a chance on.

346339_t607.JPG

Round 3
Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama

This dude can play anywhere on the OL

20120901_mje_se2_395.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Round 4
Honeybadger, CB, LSU

He's been the dude I've been wanting since last year. Not gonna change now. Return man + CB depth.

LSU-Bama-game-rests-with-defenses-LTI64KA-x-large.jpg

Rounds 5-7: Depth at OLB, DT, CB

2013 Rams
Offense
Rodger Saffold, Barrett Jones, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, Phil Loadholt, Delanie Walker

Sam Bradford, Lance Kendricks, Eddie Lacy

Danny Amendola, Chris Givens, Justin Hunter (Brian Quick, Austin Pettis)

Defense:
Chris Long, Michael Brockers, Kendall Langford, Robert Quinn (William Hayes)

Dayrl Smith, James Laurinaitis, Jo-Lon Dunbar

Janoris Jenkins, Kenny Vacarro, Quintin Mikell, Cortland Finnegan

Return guy: Hondeybadger

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm still so-so on drafting a RB in the first round, but if we resign Amendola then depending on who is where it might be the best thing to do. I might go TE there instead personally, or O-Line. I'm not a fan of the Honeybadger either.

Otherwise really solid draft and overall offseason that would help us out a lot next year. I wouldn't complain if that's what happened, that's for sure.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Loadholt, Smith, and Walker would be a serious FA haul. I don't think we'll have enough $ for all that... but I'll take it!

Vacarro, Hunter, and Jones look nice to me.

I'm not a fan of a RB early. I think we can fill that void other ways (and we've already got a 2nd round invested [Pead]).

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Angry Ram said:
Too angry for ya?!

Not at all man appreciate the effort. Watch Dallas( :gay: ) either trade ahead of us to #15 and take KV or Snead pulls another one switching from 16 to 18 in exchange for another 2nd rd pick hmmm and taking the next best safety they have on their board; Elam, Reid, Cyprien. That is if Snead/Fisher are in fact targeting a safety that high.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I like it all, although Im not a big Lacy fan. I do think you are extremely optimistic as to who falls to us in each round. I dont think Hunter/Jones/Badger are on the board when we select in those rounds.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't want to be negative, but I'm not loving your 1st round picks. I was high on Vaccaro until I saw him next to the other safeties. He just doesn't stand out from them in any way. I could never pick a safety this high unless I saw a great separation from the other players in his class, and the deeper I got into evaluating guys, the closer they got, IMO.

Lacy may be the best RB in the draft, and one of the only bell cows, but we spent a 2nd rounder last year, and I don't think the value is there for Lacy. I think we can get more value possibly, but I wouldn't be horrified with the pick.

If we could snag Hunter in the 2nd round, I'd be in heaven, but I'm not sure we will be able to. He might have solidified himself as the best WR in this class with a spectacular combine.

We could work with Loadholt and Walker.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's more realistic than mine. Although I'm not sold that there Jones will be there in the 3rd and Hunter in the 2nd. Hunter is just too athletic to fall that far imo.

He reminds me of Julio Jones in a way. By that I mean, I loved Julio as a freshman like I loved Justin. Freak athlete oozing with upside. Then both came in as Sophomores and struggled big time with drops. It made me not sure on both. I knew both had major potential but I needed to see their hands improve. Julio improved it and went top 10. Justin hasn't had his chance yet but I think I'd take a shot on him in the late 1st with the belief that he will show more consistency in the near future. Feel like NFL teams will feel the same way. Too much athletic upside to pass on.

But yea, Lacy and Vaccaro make sense in terms of what Fisher would do...even though I'd rather have Tavon Austin and Hunter/Warmack/Allen.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
BatteringRambo said:
Angry Ram said:
Too angry for ya?!

Not at all man appreciate the effort. Watch Dallas( :gay: ) either trade ahead of us to #15 and take KV or Snead pulls another one switching from 16 to 18 in exchange for another 2nd rd pick hmmm and taking the next best safety they have on their board; Elam, Reid, Cyprien. That is if Snead/Fisher are in fact targeting a safety that high.

lol thanks bro. Yeah there are options. I just wanted to do something different this time.

DR RAM said:
I don't want to be negative, but I'm not loving your 1st round picks. I was high on Vaccaro until I saw him next to the other safeties. He just doesn't stand out from them in any way. I could never pick a safety this high unless I saw a great separation from the other players in his class, and the deeper I got into evaluating guys, the closer they got, IMO.

Lacy may be the best RB in the draft, and one of the only bell cows, but we spent a 2nd rounder last year, and I don't think the value is there for Lacy. I think we can get more value possibly, but I wouldn't be horrified with the pick.

If we could snag Hunter in the 2nd round, I'd be in heaven, but I'm not sure we will be able to. He might have solidified himself as the best WR in this class with a spectacular combine.

Well why is then Kenny Vacarro is agreed as a 1st round pick vs. the other guys (who I've seen in the 2-3rd rounds)? There's gotta be something...some intangible that makes him a 1st rounder.

They injury w/ Hunter might still be an issue for him.

Thanks everyone!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Angry Ram said:
BatteringRambo said:
Angry Ram said:
Too angry for ya?!

lol thanks bro. Yeah there are options. I just wanted to do something different this time.

DR RAM said:

Well why is then Kenny Vacarro is agreed as a 1st round pick vs. the other guys (who I've seen in the 2-3rd rounds)? There's gotta be something...some intangible that makes him a 1st rounder.

Thanks everyone!
He's not yet a 1st round pick. He is said to be a good leader = intangibles. If you believe he is a full round better than the other safeties(I don't think he will end up being the best safety in this draft), then that's cool, but I don't think he a good value where you have him.

I think Hunter's injury is an afterthought at this point.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
Angry Ram said:
BatteringRambo said:
Angry Ram said:
Too angry for ya?!

DR RAM said:

Thanks everyone!
He's not yet a 1st round pick. He is said to be a good leader = intangibles. If you believe he is a full round better than the other safeties(I don't think he will end up being the best safety in this draft), then that's cool, but I don't think he a good value where you have him.

I think Hunter's injury is an afterthought at this point.

I don't believe it, I'm just going w/ the consensus out there. This isn't what I would do, just another option.