Andrew Whitworth to return for 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Love it! Hopefully they will spell him regularly with Noteboom so he lasts the season and the youngster gets critical experience.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Love it! Hopefully they will spell him regularly with Noteboom so he lasts the season and the youngster gets critical experience.

If by spell him - you mean putting in the 2s for the rest of the game because we are up by 40, then I agree. If you mean starting some kind of O Line rotation, I’m not sure I’m on board.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
jowvMy6.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
:yess:

We have potential holes elsewhere to worry about.

One less along the offensive line!

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
This is great. Whit is one of my favorite players on our roster. Maybe we bring the whole band back together? Saffold and Sullivan next? Or do we go with the young blood?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, does this mean they can be more firm in their contract offer to Saffold? If he leaves, Noteboom could get a year's starting experience there - though a reasonably priced Saffold would be nice to have back.

dang

Legend
I am very pleased but I was hoping to see a 2 year restructured contract giving some cap relief for resigning Saffold.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am very pleased but I was hoping to see a 2 year restructured contract giving some cap relief for resigning Saffold.

Still possible, I suppose - though if he had to think a month before deciding to come back for over $10 million salary, I'm not sure if that's likely.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Still possible, I suppose - though if he had to think a month before deciding to come back for over $10 million salary, I'm not sure if that's likely.

Not needed and just pushes money into next year unnecessaryily.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm confident we will see a restructure here soon.

Ram65

Legend
It's good he made up his mind early. I'm sure the Rams were working on contingencies had Whit decided to retire. It's still great that he gave notice now well before free agency begins. Lots of questions remain on the offensive line with Sully and Saffold? I do wonder if Whit could go two more years.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Big Whit has really enjoyed his time here, and who wouldn't enjoy another shot at the super bowl! The team takes it easy on him and the other veterans during practices, and I'm sure the 10-15 million won't hurt either - lol. Good for Whit and great for the Rams!! Noteboom can back everyone up again. Now on to resigning Saffold and our offense is almost complete!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So, does this mean they can be more firm in their contract offer to Saffold? If he leaves, Noteboom could get a year's starting experience there - though a reasonably priced Saffold would be nice to have back.
My take is now is that Rodger has had recent conversations with Andrew on AW's recent decision. Rodger now knows that he will have a veteran all-pro like LT Andrew Whitworth starting next to him if he signs a new contract in LA...big positive.

View: https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1057344721461407745/photo/1
I am sure that Andrew is holding court with Rodger trying to convince him about the benefits of keeping their playing marriage together. Speaking to Rodger about his recent great health in LA that has been the best in his career. About his special treatment with rest from Wednesday's hard practices. How he will get most of the preseason off. About the two excellent young talented 2nd yr backups in Noteboom & Allen who can fill in without too much dropoff. Rodger has the luxury of playing back in his comfort zone in a known great offense & successful upward trending team with a pending world-class stadium waiting for him after this season. Andrew might even take a pay cut to help with getting Rodger getting close to what $$$ offers he will surely get most everywhere else. Hey Rodger what about those pending Gillette Fusion commercials?

If Rodger goes elsewhere he has no idea who will be starting next to him elsewhere he could end up back in his snowy cold wet damp birth state in Ohio with GRob playing next to him:shocking:.

As far as Noteboom....if we can get Rodger signed then Noteboom can be utilized to beef up the two weak links in the OL. Noteboom can fight it out to start @ the RG post where he could really help out with his size & strength in both the pass blocking & pass protection. That would let Kromer get two younger centers, Blythe & Allen, fighting out for the starting center post to strengthen it. With these possible events, this 2019 OL might be the best ever!

https://twitter.com/Rodger_Saffold

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
YES!! Now let's win a Super Bowl title for him!