Andrew Whitworth expected to sign with LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Damn it, was just posting this lol

Framework of Andrew Whitworth deal between Rams and @_SportsTrust: 3 years, $36M, $15M guar, including $2.5M guar in Year 2.

Psycho_X

Legend
That'd be a really solid addition for a year or two. He's not young by any means but would be a quality signing for the time being and good insurance of some of our younger tackles don't pan out in McVay's system.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Wonder if GRob has heard the news....can't think they'd give a guy 12 per to add insurance...does he get penciled in as the starting LT?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
That'd be a really solid addition for a year or two. He's not young by any means but would be a quality signing for the time being and good insurance of some of our younger tackles don't pan out in McVay's system.

Think that's all they are signing him for. He could be an inspiration to the younger crowd we got due to his vet status. This should help Goff...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
WOW! Literally EVERYONE had this guy no chance of leaving Cinci, great fucking start boys!!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
WTF.... This is one signing I never saw coming I guess Grob is gonna be moving to guard or to the bench. Damn! Im shocked!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
13 mil. well there goes free agency for this year...........lol

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
That's about our entire cap space though isn't it? lol. So clearly G Rob to guard.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Wonder if GRob has heard the news....can't think they'd give a guy 12 per to add insurance...does he get penciled in as the starting LT?
Whitworth would absolutely be starting LT especially for that money. I just hope this isn't Jake Long 2.0

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Possibly the most important position of need. An immediate upgrade. I'm a little leary of signing someone at that age because injuries are more frequent. But he's only missed 6 games in his career and hasn't missed a game since 2013. He could be that bridge to the next left tackle of the future for a couple years. I like it. Goff will be happy. Now go get some receivers!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
13 mil. well there goes free agency for this year...........lol

This is just the FA portion, OT check. I wonder what move the Rams are going to muster up next? My guess is get a decent draft spot and grab a quality DB or WR.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
Whitworth Saffold Barnes Robinson Havenstien.... if we could replace Barnes i would be pretty excited about this

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Wonder if they are talking to Austin about restructing, not a pay cut or anything just shifting some money. Patriots do this every year with Brady.......Austin keeps all his guartenteed money but shifts some of it......and yes it can be done after 1 year.