Andre Johnson a game time decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Andre-Johnson-likely-a-game-time-decision-for-Sunday/f38c1f8b-fbdb-4b7f-b603-bf8684e5806f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.houstontexans.com/news/artic ... 8684e5806f</a>

Andre Johnson likely a game-time decision for Sunday
Posted 1 hour ago

Drew Dougherty
Email @DoughertyDrew

Because of a shin injury, Andre Johnson will likely be a game-time decision for Sunday's contest against Saint Louis. Head coach Gary Kubiak said the veteran wide receiver took part in just a few portions of Wednesday and Thursday's practices.
"He's just very sore from coming off that Baltimore injury," Kubiak said. "He's been pushing through it for us. It's just a tough thing to work through."
Johnson was injured near the end of the first half of the Week 3 loss to the Ravens. He came back in after the intermission, but exited shortly after and was finished for the game. He played in each of the last two

contests, but has been limited during the week in practices.
"It's been very frustrating for him," Kubiak said. "We're doing everything we can to get him back to full strength. He did move around a little bit today."
Kubiak said he and the Texans would know "more tomorrow" about Johnson's status for the noon kickoff this Sunday against the Rams.
"He's just really practicing on Fridays," Kubiak said. "I may feel different about that tomorrow after I watch him move around."
Twitter.com/DoughertyDrew

I'd fully expect him to play but jeez if he doesn't, opportunity doesn't get any more for the Rams.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think he will play too.
He has really started to tail off starting last season which is part of the Texans passing issues.
But still, he's such a dominate weapon.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Too bad Finn won't be "accidentally" testing that shin.

If he sits - great... but even if he plays he'll obviously be less than 100%.

Again, I'm really gonna miss Finn in this one, and I know Johnson will too.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Yamahopper said:
He has really started to tail off starting last season which is part of the Texans passing issues.

I don't think he tailed off much. He had like 1600 yrds last season, the most of his career, but only 4tds. I think that's a product of Arian foster rather than Johnson's capabilities.

But yes, Andre not playing would be huge but Foster is still there, and you know how we love giving career days to opposing backs.

this is one of those games where I don't care how lucky or sloppy we look, as long as we squeak out the win

moklerman

Warner-phile
Yamahopper said:
I, too am curious what you mean by tailing off. As mentioned, he had 1,598 yards, average 14.3 ypc and played in all 16 games. And that was coming off of an injury plagued 2011.

The only reason he's slowed down this year is because Schaub has hit the skids.

With Daniels and AJ both out, the Rams defense better have a decent game.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
moklerman said:
Yamahopper said:
I, too am curious what you mean by tailing off. As mentioned, he had 1,598 yards, average 14.3 ypc and played in all 16 games. And that was coming off of an injury plagued 2011.

The only reason he's slowed down this year is because Schaub has hit the skids.

With Daniels and AJ both out, the Rams defense better have a decent game.

It's subjective. This Dude has been the best WR in the game for years. And if he had been backed with better QB play in his career he might be considered the best of all time. He made the Texan QB's. A couple years ago when listening to combine coverage I heard that many scouts use him as the measuring stick when they grade prospects.
But time and injuries catch up with everyone, so if there is a little slippage he would still be one of the best, and on a good day still the best. If he was in major decline he would still start for almost all the NFL teams.
I have always been a big fan of him, I watch his games when I can and keep track of him on Texan's boards.

jap

Legend
No disrespect to our young CB's, but the best way to stop AJ may well be to have our DL hold a number of summit meetings on top of Schaub in the Houston backfield. :twisted:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DegenR(g)ambler said:
currently listed as probable

He also said he was playing. As expected.

I'm assuming Janoris will be on him, Tru on Nuke Hopkins.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Yamahopper said:
It's subjective. This Dude has been the best WR in the game for years. And if he had been backed with better QB play in his career he might be considered the best of all time. He made the Texan QB's. A couple years ago when listening to combine coverage I heard that many scouts use him as the measuring stick when they grade prospects.
But time and injuries catch up with everyone, so if there is a little slippage he would still be one of the best, and on a good day still the best. If he was in major decline he would still start for almost all the NFL teams.
I have always been a big fan of him, I watch his games when I can and keep track of him on Texan's boards.

It's close, but Megatron is better. I just never got the wow factor from Andre Johnson.

F. Mulder

Starter
Even with Johnson likely to play I'd assume he is much less than 100%. It'd be a shame if he took a hard tackle or something that irritated his shin (j/k!!!!).

Seriously, I'd put 15 defenders in a box and try to stop the running game of Houston's. Schuab is shaky now and his receiving weapons are down; make him beat you in the air.

Offensively I am waiting for more "impact" plays. This would be a great game for a Tavon coming out party and for Sam to work the intermediate and deep stuff more. I'd also like (as would he entire Ram nation) to see Tavon actually return a ball without a penalty. I'm advocating that the return team simply fall down once the ball is kicked and see if Tavon can fake out the entire kicking team on his own.

As the Rams know, the best way to get at a "wounded" team is to get up early. At the very least get off to a good start and be in the game in the 4th quarter. On paper a lot of people see this as a loss (and I've become pessimistic myself) BUT this COULD be the game where they get it all together and hopefully start to turn their season around. IF they were 3-3, if we looked at the schedule when it came out, most would have hoped for 4-2 or 3-3. Sorry, getting ahead of myself.

Go Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
F. Mulder said:
Even with Johnson likely to play I'd assume he is much less than 100%. It'd be a shame if he took a hard tackle or something that irritated his shin (j/k!!!!).

Seriously, I'd put 15 defenders in a box and try to stop the running game of Houston's. Schuab is shaky now and his receiving weapons are down; make him beat you in the air.

Offensively I am waiting for more "impact" plays. This would be a great game for a Tavon coming out party and for Sam to work the intermediate and deep stuff more. I'd also like (as would he entire Ram nation) to see Tavon actually return a ball without a penalty. I'm advocating that the return team simply fall down once the ball is kicked and see if Tavon can fake out the entire kicking team on his own.

As the Rams know, the best way to get at a "wounded" team is to get up early. At the very least get off to a good start and be in the game in the 4th quarter. On paper a lot of people see this as a loss (and I've become pessimistic myself) BUT this COULD be the game where they get it all together and hopefully start to turn their season around. IF they were 3-3, if we looked at the schedule when it came out, most would have hoped for 4-2 or 3-3. Sorry, getting ahead of myself.

Go Rams.

Co-sign