An observation on a topic that comes up often on gameday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It seems the O often lines up with little time on the clock and has to burn a timeout, this frustrates all of us. I'm sure I'm not the only person to notice many if not most NFL QBs wear a play sheet on their wristband. While I think it great Goff can repeat the playcall after McVay calls it in to him. But if the play is a long sequence, wouldnt it be quicker to just call in 2A3 and then Goff looks at the wristband and tells the O what play is listed on his wristband as 2A3? It may be that our playbook has so many variations of the same formation that the wristband would be like wearing an encyclopedia on his wrist. It just seems it would save a few seconds in the playcall sequence giving Goff a few more seconds at the LOS to see what the D is presenting so he can make the necessary adjustments without have to burn timeouts.