An NFL Team Disaster and its Response

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I usually wonder about Rams players when there's an earthquake in California.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Considering the coaches and other members of the personnel team are likely on board, that team won't finish the season. The NFL would cancel the rest of its games. I assume they'd hold an expansion draft after the season, and the team would start anew.
Oh my gosh, what if Kroenke was also on the plane and Georgia's kids took over the team again?

"Holy excrement!" ~ @CGI_Ram

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g1aA4JmmEk

Last edited:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
" lucky i didn't tell them about the dirty knife".

muggmeister

Rookie
Why would you post something that is so fucked up? Your previous 29,000+ posts and messages have lost all meaning to me. Fucking morbid. Hope that we never meet in person, I live life with purpose and hope. Mods, please take this down immediately.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would you post something that is so fucked up? Your previous 29,000+ posts and messages have lost all meaning to me. Fucking morbid. Hope that we never meet in person, I live life with purpose and hope. Mods, please take this down immediately.
You know brother, I am sorry you feel that way. If I am that objectionable to you, please block me for your sake. The subject is a dark one, but it was one that came to me when thinking about the increase in international flights for the NFL. Probably spurred on by recent research about "The Day, the Music Died" crash (Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopprt). Peace.

muggmeister

Rookie
You know brother, I am sorry you feel that way. If I am that objectionable to you, please block me for your sake. The subject is a dark one, but it was one that came to me when thinking about the increase in international flights for the NFL. Probably spurred on by recent research about "The Day, the Music Died" crash (Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopprt). Peace.
There are a lot of things that go thru my mind and not every one of them need to be said out loud. Despite my optimism of life in general I have thought at times what my life would be if certain people were not in it due to tragic reasons. Doesn't mean I have to tell my friends and family for them to react to my thoughts, some things just don't have to talked about. I realize you are a longtime member of this forum so your post caught me off guard. Have a blessed day.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I seriously did not get out of bed in LA if a 5.5 quake happened. I don't get all of the excited tv coverage over a 4.5 quake on the East Coast.

Tano

Legend
I seriously did not get out of bed in LA if a 5.5 quake happened. I don't get all of the excited tv coverage over a 4.5 quake on the East Coast.
Yeah I was telling people at work that 4.5 earthquake - pfft

And then my wife was telling me about a newscaster in DC saying - LA people don't even know if a 4.5 earthquake happened. They probably feel like a big truck passed their house lol

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
With all the money invested in a pro nfl team you better believe they have a plan for that. Go rams

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
This is a morbid arse topic! I would like to have the few minutes of my life back that were invested in reading this rubbish.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a morbid arse topic! I would like to have the few minutes of my life back that were invested in reading this rubbish.
c'mon, you loved it...even if only to complain about it!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Considering the coaches and other members of the personnel team are likely on board, that team won't finish the season. The NFL would cancel the rest of its games. I assume they'd hold an expansion draft after the season, and the team would start anew.
Sounds plausible to me.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah I was telling people at work that 4.5 earthquake - pfft

And then my wife was telling me about a newscaster in DC saying - LA people don't even know if a 4.5 earthquake happened. They probably feel like a big truck passed their house lol
Earthquakes along East Coast and in the midwest often can be much more widespread and more violent at the same scale as one that hits West Coast. More violent mostly because infrastructure east of the Rockies weren't built to be Earthquake proof because they're older and the quakes tend to cause much faster back and forth shaking motion. They don't happen frequently thankfully but at the same time that's part of the problem. But yeah, 4.5 is tame but when you experience maybe 1 real quake in your lifetime if your an adult it's going to be more jarring.

Hoping I'm not around when the New Madrid fault decides to have its next serious earthquake because it's going to absolutely level most things up and down the Mississippi River area from St. Louis down to Mississippi and maybe over to Ohio Valley

2) Earthquakes of the same magnitude affect larger areas in the East than in the West:

The size of the geographic area affected by ground shaking depends on the magnitude of the earthquake and the rate at which the amplitudes of body and surface seismic waves decrease as distance from the causative fault increases. Comparison of the areas affected by the same Modified Mercalli intensity of ground shaking in the 1906 San Francisco, California, the 1971 San Fernando, California, the 1811-12 New Madrid, Missouri, and the 1886 Charleston, South Carolina, earthquakes shows that a given intensity of ground shaking extends over a much larger area in the Eastern United States. Ground shaking affects a larger area because amplitudes of seismic waves decrease more slowly in the east than in the west as distance from the causative fault increases.

Eastern North America has older rocks, some of which formed hundreds of millions of years before those in the West. These older formations have been exposed to extreme pressures and temperatures, making them harder and often denser. Faults in these older rocks have also had more time to heal, which allows seismic waves to cross them more effectively when an earthquake occurs. In contrast, rocks in the West are younger and broken up by faults that are often younger and have had less time to heal. So when an earthquake occurs, more of the seismic wave energy is absorbed by the faults and the energy doesn’t spread as efficiently.

More Vulnerable Infrastructure in the East

Many of the older structures in the East, such as buildings and bridges built before the 1970s, were not designed to endure earthquakes and therefore may not fare well. The recent earthquakes that struck near Christchurch, New Zealand showed the damage that infrequent earthquakes can do to a region with older structures. With that said, modern buildings are being constructed to newer design standards, and there has been progress in retrofitting many older buildings in the East. In the West, older structures are often retrofitted, and new structures are designed to withstand strong shaking.
https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/earthquake-damage-sherman-building
Furthermore, smaller structures such as houses could experience stronger and more damaging shaking in the East. Earthquakes in the East tend to cause higher-frequency shaking—faster back and forth motion—compared to similar events in the West. Shorter structures are more susceptible to damage during fast shaking, whereas taller structures are more susceptible during slow shaking.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Most of us remember when a whole team was wiped out in an airline disaster. I've never seen an American NFL's team plane go down in flames, but I got a thrill of fear thinking of all the planned international flights to Europe, South America, Japan and China that are proposed.

What if a Rams' team flight went down and everyone was lost?

Besides the tragedy and heartbreak over the disaster, how would the NFL deal with that? Would they treat the Rams like an expansion team, requiring the other 31 teams to give up a player from their squad and the rest of the team filled by UDFA's (during season)?

How would that work, do you think?
I don’t know but if you survived and were stuck miles from anywhere starving. Which players and coaches would potentially eat you to survive?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm kinda hoping to see that headline after the 49ers late season collapse and subsequent slide back to mediocrity for the next decade. The response would be "We felt we needed to move in a different direction. We thank Kyle for his contribution to the team."

Tano

Legend
Earthquakes along East Coast and in the midwest often can be much more widespread and more violent at the same scale as one that hits West Coast. More violent mostly because infrastructure east of the Rockies weren't built to be Earthquake proof because they're older and the quakes tend to cause much faster back and forth shaking motion. They don't happen frequently thankfully but at the same time that's part of the problem. But yeah, 4.5 is tame but when you experience maybe 1 real quake in your lifetime if your an adult it's going to be more jarring.

Hoping I'm not around when the New Madrid fault decides to have its next serious earthquake because it's going to absolutely level most things up and down the Mississippi River area from St. Louis down to Mississippi and maybe over to Ohio Valley

2) Earthquakes of the same magnitude affect larger areas in the East than in the West:

The size of the geographic area affected by ground shaking depends on the magnitude of the earthquake and the rate at which the amplitudes of body and surface seismic waves decrease as distance from the causative fault increases. Comparison of the areas affected by the same Modified Mercalli intensity of ground shaking in the 1906 San Francisco, California, the 1971 San Fernando, California, the 1811-12 New Madrid, Missouri, and the 1886 Charleston, South Carolina, earthquakes shows that a given intensity of ground shaking extends over a much larger area in the Eastern United States. Ground shaking affects a larger area because amplitudes of seismic waves decrease more slowly in the east than in the west as distance from the causative fault increases.

Eastern North America has older rocks, some of which formed hundreds of millions of years before those in the West. These older formations have been exposed to extreme pressures and temperatures, making them harder and often denser. Faults in these older rocks have also had more time to heal, which allows seismic waves to cross them more effectively when an earthquake occurs. In contrast, rocks in the West are younger and broken up by faults that are often younger and have had less time to heal. So when an earthquake occurs, more of the seismic wave energy is absorbed by the faults and the energy doesn’t spread as efficiently.

More Vulnerable Infrastructure in the East

Many of the older structures in the East, such as buildings and bridges built before the 1970s, were not designed to endure earthquakes and therefore may not fare well. The recent earthquakes that struck near Christchurch, New Zealand showed the damage that infrequent earthquakes can do to a region with older structures. With that said, modern buildings are being constructed to newer design standards, and there has been progress in retrofitting many older buildings in the East. In the West, older structures are often retrofitted, and new structures are designed to withstand strong shaking.
https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/earthquake-damage-sherman-building
Furthermore, smaller structures such as houses could experience stronger and more damaging shaking in the East. Earthquakes in the East tend to cause higher-frequency shaking—faster back and forth motion—compared to similar events in the West. Shorter structures are more susceptible to damage during fast shaking, whereas taller structures are more susceptible during slow shaking.
Anything above a 5.0 and I am saying if you are anywhere close to the epicenter - you could be in trouble.

Anything lower and you really have to be within a mile or two of the epicenter to be in trouble even with older buildings on the east coast.