Am I the only one?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm not that negative. I've been on this forum for a while, and most people could attest to that. I love the Rams, and I have, up to this offseason, loved what Fisher/Snead did to build the team and organization. They have produced an impressive collection of young talent. Eventually this team will emerge and become a force to reckon with.

But, I'm not happy at all this offseason. I don't agree with a single move that they've made besides resigning Kendricks, and even that was to too much money. How the heck did we trade the best QB we've had since Warner? Did we do it because he's injured? Well so was Foles. If our OL isn't much better, I don't see him lasting long either. Also, why are we spending so much money on the likes of Fairley, Britt, Ayers? Wouldn't you rather have Langford for 1 million more? I know I would.

Don't we need offensive lineman? We have two starters. That's it. That's all we got. We are now forced to take OL every round of the draft, in a draft that has a ton of WR talent, which we're now going to miss out on. If that's the case we start 3 rookie OL. Good luck to Foles not getting killed.

I know the offseason isn't over yet. I know that there's a couple of average OL guys left on the market, but our cap space, will eventually run dry, if we keep spending it on headaches like Fairley and Britt, and not on OL which can actually help this team

FRO

Legend
I don't like the Bradford trade. I know we got more than fair value for the guy. I just wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of a QB with that talent. I know I'm in the minority on that.

I liked all the signings. I'm just perplexed on why we aren't bringing offensive linemen in here daily. That being said we have a long way to go in free agency. I hope they invest heavily in the line. It was our weakest spot going into the offseason.

fancents86

Starter
The Bradford trade made sense. Bradford is currently injured and won't be ready (possibly) til the season starts, And this is his second injury on the same ligament. Foles is injured but he'll be ready to play once preseason starts. We would have basically been paying Bradford millions of dollars on a prayer that he would be able to make a come back. Not a good investment IMO. Can't really compare Bradford's injury to Foles.

I agree with your defense point of view though. Langford and Hayes were good players and I don't think we upgrade THAT much with Fairley. He'll be a rotational player anyway. We need oline like you said, that I am disappointed as well about. But this is typical fisher.

fancents86

Starter
Also I have a lot of faith in our wr's so IMO adding more to the roster is the same as adding more DL's to the roster.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I love what they've done. What they needed every bit as much as offensive linemen last year was a QB that could keep defenses honest. When defense know the QB struggles to get the ball down field then they pin their ears back, keep everything in front, and and blitz more. So we got a tall, strong, QB without knee issues plus a second rounder. Love that...

Kendricks and Britt are worth every penny of their contracts. Britt played like a number 1 calibre WR more and more as the season rolled on. But he had carreer back ups trying to play in the wicked NFCW. (Watch Davis in KC, brutal.)

I know the opponents hold Quinn like crazy, but we don't have a LB'er that can shed a block, either. (Barron is darn good at it but he's a S and he came mid season.) Now we do! Akeem Ayers will be a third down nightmare. This guy is gold for what we do.

We cut Langford, save six million. We sign a better penetrating DT in Fairley for 5 million. How does that not make since? Langford wasn't worth that money. Great move!

I've watched Wisieski (whatever). He is average at best, dang sure not a mauler. That weakling is who you want us to over pay for? Shoot no, he's bouncing around for a reason.

These guys's markets are starting to come down now. I wanna protect our new QB as much as the next guy but this is like arguing need Vs BPA. Defense wins championships, see the last two SB teams.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Actually I'm pretty happy with what they've done so far to be honest.

If we grab a decent guard or centre, re sign barks, we're in real good shape heading to the draft.

You don't win games in March

FRO

Legend
I love what they've done. What they needed every bit as much as offensive linemen last year was a QB that could keep defenses honest. When defense know the QB struggles to get the ball down field then they pin their ears back, keep everything in front, and and blitz more. So we got a tall, strong, QB without knee issues plus a second rounder. Love that...

Kendricks and Britt are worth every penny of their contracts. Britt played like a number 1 calibre WR more and more as the season rolled on. But he had carreer back ups trying to play in the wicked NFCW. (Watch Davis in KC, brutal.)

I know the opponents hold Quinn like crazy, but we don't have a LB'er that can shed a block, either. (Barron is darn good at it but he's a S and he came mid season.) Now we do! Akeem Ayers will be a third down nightmare. This guy is gold for what we do.

We cut Langford, save six million. We sign a better penetrating DT in Fairley for 5 million. How does that not make since? Langford wasn't worth that money. Great move!

I've watched Wisieski (whatever). He is average at best, dang sure not a mauler. That weakling is who you want us to over pay for? Shoot no, he's bouncing around for a reason.

These guys's markets are starting to come down now. I wanna protect our new QB as much as the next guy but this is like arguing need Vs BPA. Defense wins championships, see the last two SB teams.
Well the last two Super Bowl teams ran the ball well. We have to build the line. Fisher and Snead haven't done a good job in doing that. I will preach this until we have a good line because we will go nowhere until we do. Starting 2 rookies will make it extremely tough. I would like to go into the draft with atleast one stop gap type filling the holes we have on the line, so if a Cooper, White, or Mariota drops to us we don't force a need pick on an offensive linemen.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not that negative. I've been on this forum for a while, and most people could attest to that. I love the Rams, and I have, up to this offseason, loved what Fisher/Snead did to build the team and organization. They have produced an impressive collection of young talent. Eventually this team will emerge and become a force to reckon with.

But, I'm not happy at all this offseason. I don't agree with a single move that they've made besides resigning Kendricks, and even that was to too much money. How the heck did we trade the best QB we've had since Warner? Did we do it because he's injured? Well so was Foles. If our OL isn't much better, I don't see him lasting long either. Also, why are we spending so much money on the likes of Fairley, Britt, Ayers? Wouldn't you rather have Langford for 1 million more? I know I would.

Don't we need offensive lineman? We have two starters. That's it. That's all we got. We are now forced to take OL every round of the draft, in a draft that has a ton of WR talent, which we're now going to miss out on. If that's the case we start 3 rookie OL. Good luck to Foles not getting killed.

I know the offseason isn't over yet. I know that there's a couple of average OL guys left on the market, but our cap space, will eventually run dry, if we keep spending it on headaches like Fairley and Britt, and not on OL which can actually help this team

Mr. Negativity!

While I and most others are aware that there are still needs out there, we also know that there were very few options with offensive linemen and the Rams are still in it with the two main guys they been after. However, I cannot let myself be miserable worrying all of this offseason about what they are gonna do. Just keep the faith. The moves they made so far are good moves. Britt was a good move, Fairley replaces Langford, Ayers? ask Greg Williams, he has a plan for him. They know who they want.

4mation0

UDFA
I’d be worried if I thought Fisher/Snead didn’t realize they needed O-Line help. But I’m sure that’s not what’s happening. Yes, many potential UFAs have already been resigned, but the ones everyone has been talking about as the most likely prospects—Wisniewski, Blalock, and resigning Barksdale—are all still available. That tells me Fisher and Snead realized none of them were likely to get the $$ their agents were asking for, and that by being patient they could still get their man, but at a discounted rate once the UFAs start getting more realistic about their value. As long as all three of these guys are still available, there’s no need to rush to sign that one free-agent lineman we’re all hoping for that will give us flexibility in the draft. I expect as soon as one of the three is signed, you’ll see the Rams move to lock up one of the remaining two. Till then, no need to get upset—as long as some cap money remains, that is!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Well the last two Super Bowl teams ran the ball well. We have to build the line. Fisher and Snead haven't done a good job in doing that. I will preach this until we have a good line because we will go nowhere until we do. Starting 2 rookies will make it extremely tough. I would like to go into the draft with atleast one stop gap type filling the holes we have on the line, so if a Cooper, White, or Mariota drops to us we don't force a need pick on an offensive linemen.

Seahawks also launched several bombs with really good success and NE shredded SEA in the second half with dink and dunk, hurry up, offense. Defense were on their toes on both sides.

Watch SEA commit to a power run style early in the game. They went three and out because NE stacked them up. They ran it well after they burned the secondary. It's called keeping defenses honest. You are at a huge disadvantage if completing a ball over 15 yards is a big challenge.

But I'm sure we will draft a coulple linemen with our 5 picks and FA is not over.

PhxRam

Based on our track record with high dollar, free-agent OL, I am kind of glad we didnt make a splash at that particular position.

FrankenRam

Starter

Don't bet on that happening. They still need to go BPA, or as jrry32 says, 'BVA'. They simply can't let themselves be 'forced' into reaching for need. That's exactly how avg teams stay avg....or get worse. IF the BVA available at each pick is OL, then great. But for at least the first couple rounds, BVA is the only way to go. Personally, I would stick like glue to BVA for rds 1-3. Starting w/ rd 4, I'd be much more willing to stray from that.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't bet on that happening. They still need to go BPA, or as jrry32 says, 'BVA'. They simply can't let themselves be 'forced' into reaching for need. That's exactly how avg teams stay avg....or get worse. IF the BVA available at each pick is OL, then great. But for at least the first couple rounds, BVA is the only way to go. Personally, I would stick like glue to BVA for rds 1-3. Starting w/ rd 4, I'd be much more willing to stray from that.
If we have two starters on an OL, then we're pretty much forced to draft OL in every single round. There's no other way around it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that some times people become bigger fans of a player than they are of the team. And when that player is traded or cut it takes a while to regain those bearings.
Just my opinion of course.

I think the acquisition on defense is going to make us nasty good

Can't wait for pre season already

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we have two starters on an OL, then we're pretty much forced to draft OL in every single round. There's no other way around it.
unless someone seriously overpays him, i no longer see barksdale leaving. 3 starters then. good linemen will be available in 2nd / 3rd rounds this year.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
unless someone seriously overpays him, i no longer see barksdale leaving. 3 starters then. good linemen will be available in 2nd / 3rd rounds this year.
Look at how much Hudson got. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Barksdale get's overpaid

fearsomefour

Legend
Still a lot of time before the offseason is over.
The Bradford trade makes sense, but, I don't like it.
Farley is more of an impact guy than Langford.
I really like the Ayers signing.
Britts deal said "up to" 14M in the piece I read. So, I am assuming he would have to hit some performance based enhancers to hit that number.
Kendricks was offered more elsewhere, so, the market was there for him.
There are no game changing o lineman left out there. I like Wiz but he is not a top level C. Blalock.....ehh.
I don't see the Rams overpaying for a player (including Bradford I suppose)....they have had to be competitive but I don't see them overpaying so far.
Seeing how the O line plays out will be interesting.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have a very hard time believing that Sam will be unaffected by the knee. 2 ACL tears on the same knee in the last 2 years. I wish him well, but my mind tells me that he probably won't ever be the same physically or mentally as a result. The trade provides much more stability at the QB position... that's how I see it. Foles broke his collarbone... that injury is very minor when you compare it to 2 ACL tears on the same knee.

It's a long time till August. The O-Line will be improved by then. Count on it.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I have a very hard time believing that Sam will be unaffected by the knee. 2 ACL tears on the same knee in the last 2 years. I wish him well, but my mind tells me that he probably won't ever be the same physically or mentally as a result. The trade provides much more stability at the QB position... that's how I see it. Foles broke his collarbone... that injury is very minor when you compare it to 2 ACL tears on the same knee.
e
It's a long time till August. The O-Line will be improved by then. Count on it.
Love the optimism about the O line! Hope it proves out!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I'm not entirely a fan of the trade but i understand it. FA has been good but I do wish we could get a little more aggressive on the OL but its still early i guess.