Alternative MNF Crew Manning Brothers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ine-alternate-monday-night-football-broadcast

Peyton Manning, Eli Manning to headline alternate Monday Night Football broadcast​

Former NFL quarterbacks Peyton Manning and Eli Manning will take part in an alternate Monday Night Football broadcast over the next three seasons, ESPN announced Monday.

The Monday Night Football MegaCast will air on ESPN2 for 10 games in each of the next three seasons and will include current and former NFL players and celebrities joining the Manning brothers on the broadcast. A host has not been named.

"This partnership with ESPN and The Walt Disney Company reflects an ongoing, shared commitment to offering fans fun, innovative content," Peyton Manning said in a statement. "ESPN+ has been a terrific partner for Omaha Productions [Manning's production company] as we built out The Places franchise and we're excited to co-create a new MegaCast format that will have something for everyone."

The MegaCast will debut the first three weeks of the 2021 season, including the Sept. 13 Monday Night Football opener between the Baltimore Ravens and Las Vegas Raiders, with the remaining seven weeks to be announced.

Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick, Lisa Salters and John Parry will remain on the traditional Monday Night Football broadcast for the second straight season in 2021.

"Offering multiple Monday Night Football viewing options for the next three seasons continues our innovation efforts and provides additional value for our fans," Jimmy Pitaro, chairman of ESPN and sports content, said in a statement. "Peyton and Eli will bring a different approach, delving into conversation about broader, big-picture topics while also honing in on the game, much like fans do when watching with their family and friends."

The Mannings each won two Super Bowls during their careers. Peyton Manning, who retired in 2016, is set for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame next month. Eli Manning retired in 2019 after 16 seasons with the New York Giants.

Peyton Manning's working history with ESPN includes his Peyton's Places series on ESPN+, which is in its third season. The franchise has expanded to include Places series involving Abby Wambach (soccer), Eli Manning (college football), David Ortiz (MLB), Ronda Rousey (combat sports) and Vince Carter (NBA). Wambach's series premiered this month.

Psycho_X

Legend
I can't decide if this sounds brilliant or awful. Either way, they can't be the worst thing ESPN has put on the air so I'm willing to give it a chance.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It couldn't be any worse than that Booger McFarland disaster, even with Eli. Outside of the sound of his voice, Peyton is great to listen to. He brings insight to the game in much the way Faulk does.

P.S. what is it with Indy QBs and there terrible voices. Andrew Luck has one of the worst voices I have ever heard. lol.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
"Peyton and Eli will bring a different approach, delving into conversation about broader, big-picture topics while also honing in on the game, much like fans do when watching with their family and friends."

This is the vibe Tony Romo brings and why he is liked so much.

If the Manning‘s can pull this off, and the producers let them do things differently… it could be pretty fun to watch.

TexasRam

Legend
This is the vibe Tony Romo brings and why he is liked so much.

If the Manning‘s can pull this off, and the producers let them do things differently… it could be pretty fun to watch.
My initial thought is oh brother.

But yea, if they could do it differently and have some chemistry due to being bro's, then that might be something new and better.

I can see Peyton being good at it but somehow i get the feeling that Eli would be a little to afraid to step on toes and weenie around things. Who knows.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I doubt they do the "Romo guessing game" in the booth act. That ship sailed quickly... especially when everyone realized that Romo's guess rate was about the same as Ben Simmons' shooting percentage from the free throw line.

Peyton can be very funny and he certainly doesn’t take himself too seriously. His insights into the game will be far superior to Romo's. I don't know what to expect from brother Eli, but maybe being in the booth with his big Bro will create some good chemistry.

We'll have to see for ourselves. I know that I will be watching this alternative broadcast. Hopefully it kicks ass and brings MNF back to it's once level of can't miss TV. BSPN has managed to fuck up most things they get their hands on... maybe Omaha Productions can save MNF from it's death spiral.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I know that I will be watching this alternative broadcast.

So will I.

I wonder what the Network sees as a goal for ratings?

50/50 split between main and alternate broadcast?

Or?… The collective audience of 2 broadcasts simply larger audience numbers?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm all in on this. The Mannings are tv gold. Lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't decide if this sounds brilliant or awful.
Well Said!!!
It couldn't be any worse than that Booger McFarland disaster
Fact! 100%
Couldnt put it in to words, let the smarter guy say it for me....
Hopefully it kicks ass and brings MNF back to it's once level of can't miss TV. BSPN has managed to fuck up most things they get their hands on... maybe Omaha Productions can save MNF from it's death spiral
Amen to that

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This could be fun if they rip on each other like brothers tend to do.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
This is a route that doesn’t flame out. They have eBen called a game and received criticism online from other media outlets. One of my favorite Peyton moments..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEEYbXVCoT0

First time I saw this- I was in the freaking floor laughing.
I guess it was shocking as well. had no idea Peyton had comedic ability til then
I think it HAS to be in the top 100 SNL sketches of all time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is a route that doesn’t flame out. They have eBen called a game and received criticism online from other media outlets. One of my favorite Peyton moments..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEEYbXVCoT0

Yeah, that’s awesome.

I’m sure they’ll mix in an above amount of humor compared to normal telecasts… and it will be interesting to see how much they casual it up.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I doubt they do the "Romo guessing game" in the booth act. That ship sailed quickly... especially when everyone realized that Romo's guess rate was about the same as Ben Simmons' shooting percentage from the free throw line.

Peyton can be very funny and he certainly doesn’t take himself too seriously. His insights into the game will be far superior to Romo's. I don't know what to expect from brother Eli, but maybe being in the booth with his big Bro will create some good chemistry.

We'll have to see for ourselves. I know that I will be watching this alternative broadcast. Hopefully it kicks ass and brings MNF back to it's once level of can't miss TV. BSPN has managed to fuck up most things they get their hands on... maybe Omaha Productions can save MNF from it's death spiral.
Romo must have got worse at guessing. The handful of times a watched him that first season he was pretty accurate.