Altered Carbon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
An upcoming show on Netflix I'll borrow the description from an article I saw on it.

It’s the biggest, most lavish-looking Netflix series ever, one based on an acclaimed sci-fi novel, and yet chances are you’ve never heard of Altered Carbon.

So allow us to make introductions as we roll out nine exclusive first-look images — and the NSFW teaser trailer above — of the upcoming drama series from writer-producer Laeta Kalogridis (Alita: Battle Angel, Shutter Island) with a pilot shot by Emmy-winning director Miguel Sapochnik (who helmed the “Battle of the Bastards” episode of Game of Thrones).

Based on Richard K. Morgan’s 2002 cyberpunk novel, Carbon is set 300 years in the future…

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I kind of liked it but it didn't grab me enough to keep going. I got half way through the season. and lost interest

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Definitely my favorite so far this season. I've not read the novel, so I'm not dissuaded from enjoying it by whatever liberties were taken for the screen play.

So in that light, I see a lot of parallels with Blade Runner, and not just in the sense that they're both dystopian future noir settings that lend themselves to visually stunning cinematography, but also in that they both explore existentialism through artificial or (in this case) digitally stored and restored intelligence. It also gives us an excellent perspective on our own propensity for narcissism.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah but does it have hot naked chicks? Brass tacks guys... brass tacks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had started it, but fell asleep a couple of times during the intro. I was a huge fan of the Killing so I was hopefull about the show.
Glad to hear some positives, will watch next. Currently watching Sneaky Pete on Amazon. Don't really like it, just want to see how it ends