Almost-a-Ram Eifert injured already

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah. One year deals are low risk, but this says it all;

Through five NFL seasons, he's missed more regular-season games (41) than he's played (39).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
However, in fairness this off season it appeared everybody with a name was in play with the Los Angeles Rams. When I had the opportunity to listen on Sirius every other talking head would chime in..."Heard the Rams are interested." So just like trades, some of the best free agent signings you make are the ones that you don't.

I didn't want Eifert, just was too injured for my taste, in fact, they only thing you can rely on with Tyler Eifer is his unreliability.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
I'd think he gets cut before the season if he's unable to go in camp. They'd eat $3 mil in dead money but save $1.65 in cap space. Best thing for him to do might be to just take a year off and get 100% and try to make a team next offseason with the way his last couple of years have gone. Back surgery is a tricky thing.

Ram65

Legend
I'm sure I said check him out. I was starting the push for the Jimmy Graham signing. That was before Cooks and knowing Watkins was gone. Didn't think Graham was going to get 10M a year. Listening to Waldron talk about the TE group I think the Rams will be good at TE. Losing Watkins short yardage redzone TDs is a concern. Saw Everett run a quick short slant against the Cardinals for a TD on replay. He needs to and can step up in the redzone.

He is not out for the season, yet.
"My understanding is he did tweak his back just a little bit," NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport noted on Wednesday's edition of Inside Minicamp Live.

Good players coming back from injury is a tricky proposition. It's better if they can at least play part time a season after the injury. Sullivan is a good example of that.