All passes thrown Lance Kendricks' way last year (29 mins)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VffBXMIeN-I[/youtube]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re: All passes thrown Lance Kendricks' way last year (29 min

He sure has some silly drops. Not as bad as the year before though. I sure would like to see more seam routes with him this year. Gotta wonder though. Will Ds be keying on him a bit more with no SJ? I can see the LBs playing back a bit to both keep from being burned by our speedier backs and the TE coming up the seam. Givens and Quick will likely be a key to Kendrick's year. I'm sure the Rams will take Lance one on one with a LB all game as the receivers take the DBs with them.

bluecoconuts

Legend

RamFan503 said:
He sure has some silly drops. Not as bad as the year before though. I sure would like to see more seam routes with him this year. Gotta wonder though. Will Ds be keying on him a bit more with no SJ? I can see the LBs playing back a bit to both keep from being burned by our speedier backs and the TE coming up the seam. Givens and Quick will likely be a key to Kendrick's year. I'm sure the Rams will take Lance one on one with a LB all game as the receivers take the DBs with them.

That's part of why I want to draft Austin over resigning Amendola next year... Don't get me wrong, I want Amendola back, but if we don't, I really want to draft Austin... If we go into the season without either of them (which there's a pretty decent chance) I wont lie, I'll be a little bummed.... But I like Austin because of his ability to turn short things into big plays. So that could help keep teams from cheating a bit and sitting back, if Austin has space he's likely to make more than one guy miss. Amendola has a knack at getting open, but he doesn't make guys miss, not as much as Austin does, and doesn't have that speed. Of course that assumes Austin will remain elusive at the pro level, which I'd expect he would.

iced

Really can't wait to see Pead next year, especially after the draft. No more 8 in the box on almost every down. Teams will have to respect our passing games and it looked like Pead was starting to click late in the season.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

Biggame1190 and I talked about Kendricks this offseason and acknowledged how much talent this kid has. He is extremely gifted and we just hoped he could shake the issue of drops that so plagued him his rookie year and donned him the nickname "Kendrops."

Many of the drops his rookie year seemed to be due to lack of concentration and poor technique (improper hand placement). For the most part I thought he eliminated enough of the drops for it not to be considered an "issue" by me. On the contrary he made some outstanding catches in traffic and showed the ability to outrun LBs & out-muscle DBs. The majority or at least half of the balls he did not catch were due to contact/well contesting by the defenders.

He is one of the premier, yes I said it, blocking tight ends in the game after only 2 years. He has a rock for an upper body and uses good hand placement and has strong legs to drive defenders out of the play opening big holes in the run game. This was evidenced by 2 wham plays on the Rams 2nd scoring drive @ SF where Kendricks pancaked the 300+ pound NT Sopoaga.

Not only that but his athleticism is underrated. People want to talk about how "slow" he was on the 80 yard TD. Hey, I'll be happy any time a player scores on an 80 yard play no matter how they do it; especially a TE! The speedy Vernon Davis has a long of 73 in his career btw. He beat Patrick Willis, considered one of the best cover LBs in the game, on several occasions. Outrunning him on the 2 pt conversion and running such a good double move that Willis was forced to hold.

Ultimately I still think they're room for growth for Kendricks. May be one of our most valuable players on O with his dual threat capabilities. And although I'd be fine with getting a Cook or Keller, Kendricks growth makes me comfortable if we decide that is not a priority in FA.

bluecoconuts

Legend

On his 'slowness' his 40 time is about the same, if not better, than most of the 'elite' TE's in the league or draft this year, it doesn't really bother me much in that regard. The drops improved quite a bit last year, and I expect him to improve even more. Kendricks should develop into a really solid all around TE for us, I think we're only scratching at his potential right now.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Dude is strong as shit. A lot stronger than I thought he'd be coming out.

Btw, to the people that think Sam doesn't care or show any fire, just take a look at how he runs people down after he throws an interception. You can laugh at that, or realize everyone throws them. He wants to win just as much if not more than anyone on that field.

A55VA6

Legend

Kendricks is really solid. I'm hoping he keeps improving and drops the ball less.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

Kendricks had a great year last year and I just hope they keep getting better :) I have no concerns with the drops - a lot of them were in heavy cover, or throws from Sam under pressure.

What all of these vids have gone to confirm Sam is good! You can see why Fisher wanted to coach him an the Rams.