All passes thrown Brian Quick's way in 2012

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDFooNPh-ds[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
mojorizen7 said:
This should be quick.
136262110236.jpg

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Thanks for doing that one on Quick, X.

I personally see a ton of potential in the kid. He has the height, good enough speed and definitely can be very physical. He just needs to get the mental part down and learn his craft. Hopefully he makes some great strides year two.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
In all seriousness,that deep sideline catch vs NE at the 7:21 mark in double coverage was very nice.

If the Rams can keep his confidence up while simultaneously coaching him up, Quick could be something special.

Thank for posting these X. Its an excellent capsule of productivity.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nice work!

Quick looks the part and you can see the promise. You can also see how inexperienced he is.

He needs to strengthen the lower body to get those extra yards at times.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He and Sam clearly (especially early on) didn't have any timing. I think as BQ gets more of a feel for the game, he is going to be a tough WR to defend, separation or not. It seems pretty obvious how strong he is. Unfortunately, the same timing issues he had with Sam would be there with virtually any rookie IMO. If we don't resign DA or BG, it may be tough sledding. Sure hope I'm wrong.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
He needs to work on attacking the ball and getting more aggressive at the point of the catch. He's a prototype though. Coming from App St put him at a major disadvantage. This offseason is huge for him obviously. I hope he and the Rams brass treat it as such.

duckhunter

Starter
Other than BQ being slow, blanketed by pesky opposing CBs, quitting on plays, looking lost, and not being able to figure out the steps in routes, he looks like a pro-bowler to me. The Rams have so much confidence in him they will probably draft two WRs very high in the upcoming draft.

BQ needs a ton of coaching and I guess we'll find out about his work effort this year.

A55VA6

Legend
When we drafted Brian I wasn't necessarily happy. I feel like he has some potential, but I don't think it's going to work out as him being a Vincent Jackson type guy like Snead says.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Quick looks the part physically, it's all mental with him. The full offseason will help wonders, I expect him to have a much better year next year. You can see most of the issues were more with timing and just rookie mistakes. It would be foolish to give up on him now, Snead saw something and I expect he'll continue developing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Quick looks the part physically, it's all mental with him. The full offseason will help wonders, I expect him to have a much better year next year. You can see most of the issues were more with timing and just rookie mistakes. It would be foolish to give up on him now, Snead saw something and I expect he'll continue developing.
Of course there's no guarantee he'll pan out, but Snead was scouting that dude for a while. Not just last year. When they had that private workout with him, everybody was on board with his display of athleticism, speed and hands. Now it's just a matter of coaching, getting him acclimated to the speed of the game, and making sure he's got the dedication to put in the long hours.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When you watch Quick, you can see he has it. Can we bring it out?

Dude could be special.

Speeps

Starter
When I watched this video, the one thing that came to my mind was "RAW." Quick was extremely green. Some of the routes were very unfamiliar to him (he only excelled in the deep in routes). He had trouble with slant routes, because he didnt know how to use his body. He also had a lot of mental lapses and flat out drops. Through all those negatives, Quick is an absolute physical specimen. I love his quickness and size. I would love to see him bulk up a little bit, and truly learn how to use his body. For example, that slant route in the endzone against Miami should have been a touchdown.

As the season progressed, he truly got better. I truly believe that the Rams have found something special in Mr. Brian Quick and I can't wait to resume watching his development.

A55VA6

Legend
I feel Brian will get better with each season. I mean the guy has the size and strength to be great. He'll be a project though. Hard work and good coaching will be what makes Brain a great WR.

jap

Legend
He has a full off-season to prepare to kick some '9er-'Hawk-Cards tail. He needs to learn how to turn into a DB and when the advantage on the ball goes to the CB. He could use some tips on how to run with the ball after its caught.

The big kid clearly has hands. Word was he was a human vacuum cleaner sucking up any balls thrown in his vicinity at the Rams private workout with him. Now he needs to learn to fight through all the interference around him and still catch the rock.

I wanna see this kid grow in leaps and bounds by next pre-season. :ww:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick has talent. We'll see how it goes. I'm still a little bitter that we took him instead of my guy, Alshon Jeffery. But I'm rooting for him and hope he proves me wrong.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
jrry32 said:
Quick has talent. We'll see how it goes. I'm still a little bitter that we took him instead of my guy, Alshon Jeffery. But I'm rooting for him and hope he proves me wrong.

Me too. I thought Alshon was the best WR in the draft last year.

I think Quick will be a HUGE play maker for us this year.
He was so close to having 2 more TDs...missing by a few inches.....
that would have been 4 TDs in 13 catches.
Not a bad ratio! Many of the ose drops were behind him or tough catches (cept for the drop in the 49er game).

He's so big & fast..yet glides like a power forward. His hands are VERY good!!
He just needed a Red-Shirt year to understand the playbook, NFL competition...and how to be a pro.

I'd take Quick over Jeffries AGAIN now....even after Jeffries year he had!
I like Quick MUCH better than Jeffries....no joke!

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
Nice work!

Quick looks the part and you can see the promise. You can also see how inexperienced he is.

He needs to strengthen the lower body to get those extra yards at times.

This upcoming season, Quick will be money. Everything i've read, he's a super worker and intelligent. JUst a small school kid in over his head rookie year. Rams starters could be Givens & Quick on the outside, and Pettis in the Slot
train