All aboard the Gurley30 and Jrry32 TRAIN!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Gurley train will be fine. But the Rams train sickened me. It seems stupid but this loss hit me harder than any loss since the 2010 Week 17 loss to Seattle.

jjab360

Legend
I almost feel physically sick, it seems like no matter what we do this team will never have what it takes

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
You all aren't used to this song by now??? I'm tired of it, but I'm also used to it, unfortunately.

V3

Hall of Fame
The O-line did absolutely nothing to help Gurley but what I did see from him wasn't much. Mason had the same line and looked much more effective. Gurley just didn't look like he had much burst, power, or speed. I sure hope that injury didn't have any lingering effects.

jjab360

Legend
The O-line did absolutely nothing to help Gurley but what I did see from him wasn't much. Mason had the same line and looked much more effective. Gurley just didn't look like he had much burst, power, or speed. I sure hope that injury didn't have any lingering effects.
It seemed like a combination of overthinking and buying into his own hype a little to me.

Moostache

Rookie
Trying to play on a reconstructed knee less than a year after surgery is insane. I know that Petersen did it and now EVERYONE thinks they can too...if you play for the Rams and have had ACL surgery, you should stay off the field for the full 1-year duration to heel or you will be re-injured. Long? twice. Bradford? twice. Gurley? I put the over/under on him being reinjured at week 9.

Its not just the physical healing that matters, mentally guys who come back too soon KNOW they are doing so, they are just terrified of losing their shot if they admit it. It affects their play, makes them tentative for just a 100th of a second mor e than they should be and in the world of the NFL that's the difference between making plays and watching them from behind.

I am hoping to be wrong, but what I just saw from Gurley would be enough for me to put him on the PUP list and shelve him until 2016, when he might have a better chance of coming back.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
The line was horrible but Mason certainly looked better today. Still, Gurley didn't play at all in pre-season. In all fairness it will take some time for him to get the feel of this. And some holes from the line might be nice too.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Too much reading into Gurley's runs today. Today was his first game since being at Georgia. Give him some time.

DenverRam

Starter
how many carries did he even get?

Gurley needs like 20 per game. He is a rhythm guy

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Fellas, it's week 3 and we are still healthy. We win our next two games and we are sitting pretty. This team still has time to get it together. We have the talent!!!! We just need the experience. I'd rather be this way than the latter.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
It seems stupid but this loss hit me harder than any loss

I almost feel physically sick
I don't get the massive depression over this game. I'm at my usual bitterness following any loss but we lost to Washington last week -- Wash..ing..ton.. Let me repeat, Washington -- THAT was the time for ultimate depression. That was the time to accept it was likely the 1-4 prediction for the first five games that was made when the tough schedule first came out would likely come true.

On the other hand, unlike Washington, the Steelers can beat any team in the NFL, any time. Now, I get being upset the Rams squandered a great effort by the defense, and squandered Big Ben leaving the game and leaving the door wide open to steal a win, but it just didn't happen. After losing to Washington, I expected Pitt to embarrass the Rams, but the team slugged it out instead.

So yeah, I get being pissed at a few guys for pathetic showings today, but that's what the vent thread is for. Hate Kendricks? Remind yourself of week 1. Of course Gurley showed nothing special -- it would have been awesome for him to break a long run and get everyone excited, but do I really have to remind us that we're Rams fans and not allowed to have nice things?

We have to maintain our long term outlook and still believe that Gurley will be as special as advertised. The team might start 1-4, but we have two more games to possibly steal, let's just wait a little more. Hell, we've waited this long...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nothing was there for Gurley, but I came away very optimistic as he ran hard and took hits.

jjab360

Legend
I don't get the massive depression over this game. I'm at my usual bitterness following any loss but we lost to Washington last week -- Wash..ing..ton.. Let me repeat, Washington -- THAT was the time for ultimate depression. That was the time to accept it was likely the 1-4 prediction for the first five games that was made when the tough schedule first came out would likely come true.

On the other hand, unlike Washington, the Steelers can beat any team in the NFL, any time. Now, I get being upset the Rams squandered a great effort by the defense, and squandered Big Ben leaving the game and leaving the door wide open to steal a win, but it just didn't happen. After losing to Washington, I expected Pitt to embarrass the Rams, but the team slugged it out instead.

So yeah, I get being pissed at a few guys for pathetic showings today, but that's what the vent thread is for. Hate Kendricks? Remind yourself of week 1. Of course Gurley showed nothing special -- it would have been awesome for him to break a long run and get everyone excited, but do I really have to remind us that we're Rams fans and not allowed to have nice things?

We have to maintain our long term outlook and still believe that Gurley will be as special as advertised. The team might start 1-4, but we have two more games to possibly steal, let's just wait a little more. Hell, we've waited this long...
We always lay an egg on a bad team at least once or twice a season. How we respond usually determines the rest of the season for us. And almost every season, scratch that, every season it's a letdown. This season seems to be no different and I thought it had a chance to be. That's why I'm so upset right now.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
We always lay an egg on a bad team at least once or twice a season. How we respond usually determines the rest of the season for us. And almost every season, scratch that, every season it's a letdown. This season seems to be no different and I thought it had a chance to be. That's why I'm so upset right now.
Your point is well made and I'm not gonna try to talk you off the ledge, it's your right to be upset. But seriously, a team with a brand new QB, brand new OL, brand new coordinator, blah blah blah scheduled against four playoff teams in the first five games? It was most likely 1-4 start, with optimists hoping for 2-3. We got the one win and are still playing with house money the next two weeks. If there's a time for stuff to go wrong, this is it. The offense is in disarray. The OL needs to grow. The WR/Quick situation is wtf? Gurley looked like nothing special... This is exactly when we want to get all this crap flushed, not later in the season. Solve it over the next couple weeks, get Foles, the OL, Gurley, the offense to work out all the kinks and emerge a contender after the bye week. Even at 1-4 there's a very viable path to 10 wins.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Pretty plausible. Your logic is on point. But who do we blame for the preparation of these games?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We came out and looked terrible in all facets of the game against Washington. That game was what it was. We got beat. It happens. Today's game was not that. It was a game we should have won. A game against a quality team that we should have won. But we shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly and cost ourselves a victory. Kendricks and Cook made two mistakes that kept 11 points off the board. Foles made a big mistake when we had plenty of time for a game winning drive. This was a game that we should have won. The type of game that makes or breaks a team's season and we lost it.

And I realize that one game making or breaking a team's season sounds preposterous but coming into that Cardinals game at 2-1 with a hard fought win over a quality team...imo, that gives us momentum and swagger. Instead, we're going into that game hoping not to put ourselves in a bigger hole.

This was a game we had to win and our own stupidity kept us from winning.