Alberth Haynsworth a Ram?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Re: Alberth Haynsworth a Rams?

This would not be a bad signing IMO. I don't think we would spend much on him, and if Fish can keep him motivated, I see no downside. This ain't four pillarsville anymore, haha. Just curious, but where did you hear this "rumor"??

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adam Shein said it on SiriusXM NFL radio

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I've always suspected he would get a look, but as of now it's unconfirmed.
It started as an off-handed remark by Jason LaCanfora.
1f7e3e2172e04fe28d8276f.png

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler

The last time I recall him looking dominant was when he was with the Redskins and they beat the Bears. It was the game when Cutler threw 4 INTs to Deangelo Hall. Bears had a weak OL and he took advantage of it. I just have a hard time seeing him being a good player now when Bill freaking Belichick couldnt get anything out of him. Everything points to him being one of those players that gets his big payday and then everything goes downhill. Maybe Fisher will get something out of him, but I wouldnt be suprised if he didnt even make the final roster (if we end up signing him).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

superfan24 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex

We don't need cancer in the rams' locker room!

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken

If he's cheap...why not? Our D-Line seem to look great on paper, but what happens when one of our DT's go down? Albert should at least provide depth in the trenches.

bluecoconuts

Legend

If he's super cheap (and I mean SUPER cheap, like the minimum) then I'll be okay with it... Fisher got a lot out of him, so I can see giving him a shot for that fact.

But if we spend a lot of coin, I wont like it unless he keeps his attitude in check, and plays at a probowl level.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I'm all over it. no team, let me reiterate no team, is going to sign him to a huge front loaded contract at this point. He's gonna come cheap no matter what.

You wanna win now? Get as many POTENTIAL difference makers as you can and let'm eat.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

I'm kinda torn on this guy. If he plays like he can, he's pretty dominant. But that's a big if. But I can't imagine it's for much $$. Don't think we have much left for FA's. If Fisher can control him and get the best out of him it can only help the rotation which we sorely need for run defense. But I get the "cancer" concerns. Who knows what goes on in this guys head..

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

X said:
I'm all over it. no team, let me reiterate no team, is going to sign him to a huge front loaded contract at this point. He's gonna come cheap no matter what.

You wanna win now? Get as many POTENTIAL difference makers as you can and let'm eat.

Pretty much how I feel X. If nothing else you get him for cheap and if he's a problem, you release him. But if he plays well, it's all gravy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

bwdenverram said:
X said:

Pretty much how I feel X. If nothing else you get him for cheap and if he's a problem, you release him. But if he plays well, it's all gravy.

Exactly what I stated as well. I live in the DC area and was obviously privy to all the drama he went through here. Was he a pouting, spoiled and lazy baby? Yes.....absolutely. However, I don't think the issue was ever whether or not he could or wanted to contribute. He is a 4-3 guy and they brought him in and tried to convert him to 3-4 NT. I still SMH when I think of how badly the Skins handled that whole debacle. Lets pay this dude (that we already know has character issues) 120 mil and then completely misuse and alienate him. What could go wrong?? WOW.......

Memento

Name
Jemma

Faceplant said:
bwdenverram said:
X said:

Exactly what I stated as well. I live in the DC area and was obviously privy to all the drama he went through here. Was he a pouting, spoiled and lazy baby? Yes.....absolutely. However, I don't think the issue was ever whether or not he could or wanted to contribute. He is a 4-3 guy and they brought him in and tried to convert him to 3-4 NT. I still SMH when I think of how badly the Skins handled that whole debacle. Lets pay this dude (that we already know has character issues) 120 mil and then completely misuse and alienate him. What could go wrong?? WOW.......

He barely contributed when he was with the Patriots or Buccaneers (both of whom use some version of the 4-3; New England has a hybrid scheme in place, while Tampa Bay, as we all know, utilizes a Cover-2 system). He couldn't get starts with the Buccaneers when both McCoy and Price went down with injuries. Hell, he could barely get on the field, and this was on a team that was starting depth guys like Roy Miller and Frank Okam.

He's a lazy team cancer with serious character issues. I'd much rather count on younger blood (Langford, Brockers, Laws, and Cudjo) than sign a veteran with major character risks. It's one thing to take chances on young players that have character problems when you have the locker room to support them. It's another thing to sign vets who have those problems.

Just my opinion.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Memento said:
Faceplant said:
bwdenverram said:
X said:

He barely contributed when he was with the Patriots or Buccaneers (both of whom use some version of the 4-3; New England has a hybrid scheme in place, while Tampa Bay, as we all know, utilizes a Cover-2 system). He couldn't get starts with the Buccaneers when both McCoy and Price went down with injuries. Hell, he could barely get on the field, and this was on a team that was starting depth guys like Roy Miller and Frank Okam.

He's a lazy team cancer with serious character issues. I'd much rather count on younger blood (Langford, Brockers, Laws, and Cudjo) than sign a veteran with major character risks. It's one thing to take chances on young players that have character problems when you have the locker room to support them. It's another thing to sign vets who have those problems.

Just my opinion.
Sure, and that's the flip-side of the debate. It could go either way. I don't know how impactful he could be in the locker room as a negative influence though. There are too many high-motor, high character and team-oriented guys to let one jackwagon ruin the whole bunch. *IF* he gets signed, and *IF* he turns out to be the same lazy bastidge that got him axed from those other teams, then he'll get axed here too. There's just no way Chris Long, Steven Jackson, James Laurinaitis, and Quintin Mikell let him coast through on what's left of his laurels. I'm sure they'd beat him with a collection of soaps wrapped in assorted cotton towels at the first sign of that.

Memento

Name
Jemma

X said:
Sure, and that's the flip-side of the debate. It could go either way. I don't know how impactful he could be in the locker room as a negative influence though. There are too many high-motor, high character and team-oriented guys to let one jackwagon ruin the whole bunch. *IF* he gets signed, and *IF* he turns out to be the same lazy bastidge that got him axed from those other teams, then he'll get axed here too. There's just no way Chris Long, Steven Jackson, James Laurinaitis, and Quintin Mikell let him coast through on what's left of his laurels. I'm sure they'd beat him with a collection of soaps wrapped in assorted cotton towels at the first sign of that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNqKrX1sx8[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Memento said:
X said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNqKrX1sx8
lol. And you KNOW that's what I was envisioning when I wrote that too, right? Great scene. As long as Albert doesn't flip out on the field like Private Pyle did in that movie, we'll be ahhhight.