Alaric Jackson Looks Like Real Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I read today that it’s likely that the Rams give Aleric a second round tender.

I think a second round tender would be very risky. Jackson may not be Trent Williams, but he’s improved in both seasons that he’s been in the league. A second round pick for a good OLT is a no-brainer, and it would have big draft implications for the Rams.

I guess the idea is that it would mean committing less money than a first round tender. Or isn’t that how that works?
Agreed. He is at worst league-average at LT. Tons of teams would kill for that for only a 2nd round pick.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Agreed. He is at worst league-average at LT. Tons of teams would kill for that for only a 2nd round pick.
I guess the problem is that they have one year to go on.. and will have to pay him for real in 25.

WestCoastRam

Legend

I think a second round tender would be very risky. Jackson may not be Trent Williams, but he’s improved in both seasons that he’s been in the league. A second round pick for a good OLT is a no-brainer, and it would have big draft implications for the Rams.

I guess the idea is that it would mean committing less money than a first round tender. Or isn’t that how that works?
Well, the tackle class this year may also make people think twice about sending a 2nd...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Read what by whom and where?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1st round tender guaranteed 6.4 mill 1 year salary
2nd round tender guaranteed 4.6 mill 1 year salary

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think they need to do everything they can to keep Dotson.

If Aleric Jackson gets top 5-10 OLT money from some team, the Rams will no longer have the security of being able to move AJ to ORG if they draft a new OLT. They will be down 2/5 very good players.

If the Rams do retain AJ in the battle to sign him as a OLT, then they likely will be overpaying him in a move him to ORG.

At the very least it has to be one or the other. If they come out of this off-season having lost both AJ and Dotson, then it will be a huge disappointment.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think they need to do everything they can to keep Dotson.

If Aleric Jackson gets top 5-10 OLT money from some team, the Rams will no longer have the security of being able to move AJ to ORG if they draft a new OLT. They will be down 2/5 very good players.

If the Rams do retain AJ in the battle to sign him as a OLT, then they likely will be overpaying him in a move him to ORG.

At the very least it has to be one or the other. If they come out of this off-season having lost both AJ and Dotson, then it will be a huge disappointment.
As a restricted free agent, it may be tough to lose Jackson this off-season.

Possible, especially if the Rams go with the second-round tender (still have right of refusal) but possible.