Adam Vinatieri kicks 53yd field goal then ordered to take "random drug test"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...kes-long-field-goal-gets-drug-tested-next-day

Adam Vinatieri makes long field goal, gets drug tested next day
By Jared Dubin | CBSSports.com staff
January 5, 2015

vinatieri-drug-test.jpg

Adam Vinatieri needs to see the test man. (Twitter)

Indianapolis Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri may be considered one of the best of all time, but he's never been known for having a particularly strong leg. In the Colts' wild-card game against the Bengals on Sunday, though, Viniateri made a 53-yard field goal with a ton of room to spare.

Monday morning, Vinatieri was ordered by the league to take a random drug test. Colts punter Pat McAfee thinks maybe the test wasn't so random.

Pat McAfee ✔ @PatMcAfeeShow

When u're closer to 60 than 20 & bang a 53 yarder 3/4 of the way up the upright..This type of thing is expected #GOAT
The NFL remembers that Vinatieri used to play for the Patriots....a team that had its share of cheating controversy. And yes, it's not random if they write your name on a piece of paper telling you that it's random. Random means no names!
----------
Anyone drug testing ref's who seem dazed and confused?
---------
next they will test peyton manning cause he threw the ball more than 20 yards.
---------
Maybe they should have drug tested the referee who picked u his penalty flag in the Dallas/Detroit game! Or maybe look in his pockets for some Jerry Jones dollars!
---------
Vinitieri's in the clear....after further review...the ref determined that he missed the kick.
---------
My Uncle Vito says take the points in the Dallas/Green Bay game. He made the refs and the league office an offer they couldn't refuse.
---------
Outdoors in Jan or a sudden spike in 50+ yard kicks, maybe there is debate but indoors and at his age I would be shocked if they found something in his system. Amazing the NFL can move quickly on a kicker but they sweep the officiating debacle from the Dallas game under the rug.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I Hav thought all year long that Larry Foote should be tested. He played better than he ever has and he ain't no spring chicken.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Once a Cheatriot always a Cheatriot. I say GUILTY! (No trial necessary). :shooting:

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
I said this in the game thread. I don't trust ANY Cheatriot. Not one! He's juicing.

fearsomefour

Legend
I like the "must have Pic ID" part....
like he would just send his neighbor down to do the test instead.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I like the "must have Pic ID" part....
like he would just send his neighbor down to do the test instead.
And like they don't know who fucking Adam Vinatieri is. hes been in the NFL for 100 years and you don't recognize him? Cmon man.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
LOL, Poor guy. That's one way to make a motherfucker feel old really fast.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Too bad we'll never got to see the results.
Even if he fails and is suspended.

Whatever. Bfd.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Kind of lays waste to the ridiculous word "random"...Oh, sorry...I didn't read the whole thing...It said he was randomly picked from the 40+ year old kickers who made kicks from outside 50 yards...OK, that could make it random...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'm fine with this. When you are kicking some of the longest field goals of your career well after your prime, of course it is going to draw suspicion.

fancents86

Starter
Sounds a lot like Sweden, where if the cops think you are too muscular to be naturally possible, you can be arrested and drug tested.