The Aaron Rodgers Saga

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I don't like about Rodgers is what a passive-aggressive fuck he is. He goes on TV and generalizes about how it's about the people, denies that he's butt-hurt even though he clearly has been since they drafted Love. Can't even find the balls to call out the parties he has a rift with in fact instead sticking to bullshit generalities. Then goes on and on about the people and how he won the MVP but oh hey it's not good enough because they're not doing things the right way.

From the GM perspective why would you want to trade the best QB in the league to another team so he can shit all over you. F that. So say what you want about their GM, who definitely has his faults, but it's understandable to call his bluff IMO. The guy already got the last regime fired. He'll probably get the GM fired this time too. But I fully get not wanting to move him for some bullshit draft picks. Far better for him to retire in team colors and go on to making everyone miserable around him in his next career.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Four super bowls.

And teams win super bowls not the QB. Which NFC championship losses would you blame on Rodgers? Not last year as Lafleur went FG at the end. Not the 4per one as packers run D was swiss cheese. Not the loss to the seahawks where Rodgers led the team to a big lead only to see McCarthy take the ball out of his hand and hand off the entire fourth qtr.
2 Superbowls since the merger. 2.

What loss would I blame on Rodgers? None of them. All of them.

This is a guy with a sub 90 QB rating in his last 4 CCGs. This is a guy who is phenominal in the regulat season, even if he'd rather take a sack than an incompletion. This is a rare guy who supposedly makes everyone around him better....in the regular season. This is a guy a lot of people defend.

He gets no help.
It was a dumb call by the head coach.
They shouldn't have kicked a FG.
His defense sucked.

Maybe he's just unlucky like Marino who also played in one superbowl as gods gift to NFL quarterbacking.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler

This is a guy with a sub 90 QB rating in his last 4 CCGs. This is a guy who is phenominal in the regulat season, even if he'd rather take a sack than an incompletion. This is a rare guy who supposedly makes everyone around him better....in the regular season. This is a guy a lot of people defend.

He gets no help.
His defense sucked.

Maybe he's just unlucky like Marino who also played in one superbowl as gods gift to NFL quarterbacking.
You said last 54 years. That includes all super bowls. Grenn bay won sb 1 and 2. Add win under favre and rodgers and they are four and 0 in superbowls

rams1fan

Pro Bowler

He gets no help.
His defense sucked.

Also aaron rodgers had the 4th best qb post seeason qb rating ever. Tom brady is 15th. Again your stats are garbage

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He gets no help.
His defense sucked.

So since you're using "creative accounting" to imply that his CCG passer rating somehow is an indicator of why his team wasnt successful, then how does his 0-2 record in the previous 2 CCG despite a 100.4 compare to Tom Brady's 2-0 record in his previous 2 CCG despite a passer rating of 75.7?
Surely couldnt be that his team gave up 34 ppg in those 2 losses while TB12's D gave up 5.5 ppg less? Nah....

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Also aaron rodgers had the 4th best qb post seeason qb rating ever. Tom brady is 15th. Again your stats are garbage
Sure. When you get to play cupcakes like Minnesota (104.9) and the Giants (125.2), you can build up your QB rating. Also, sacks don't count against the QB rating and Rodgers knows that. He'll take a sack rather than take a chance (possible int) or incompletion. And I said "a sub 90 QB rating in the last 4 CCG". I'm not counting the 2010 postseason when he won a Superbowl....cause I guess he had a lot of help back then, a smart coach and a good defense. :thinking:

In the last 4 CCG he's got a sub 90 QB rating. But in the 2nd half of those games.....what most fans remember......he's got a 104.7 QB rating. Great right? Except for the fact he's got a 66.6 QB rating in the first half of those games. The only game he didn't look great in the 2nd half was in 2014, when the Packers had a 16-0 lead and he went 7 of 13 for 63 yards (4.85 yds/att). He's converted on third down 7 of 21 in the first half, 11 of 26 in the second half.

Like I said, since the Superbowl win in 2010, he's looked great against the cupcakes in the first round but against the big boys, not so much. Which then leads to the narrative, "poor Aaron....the Packers don't give him any help. His coach is a moron and his defense sucks". Not a peep about his terrific starts to those games .... a 66.6 QB rating in the first half.

His stat lines:
1st half: 47 of 69 for 468 yards (6.78 yds/att) 2 TD 5 Int (7 of 21 on 3rd down...33.3%) 66.6 QB rating
2nd half: 63 of 97 for 669 yards (6.90 yds/att) 7 TD 1 Int (11 of 26 on 3rd down....42.3%) 104.7 QB rating

Average score at the half? Packers 6.5 - Opponents 17.7. In fact, after blowing that 16-0 lead in 2014 against Seattle, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers have scored 10 first half points in the last 3 CCG combined. Impressive!!!

I know, I know. Nothing but more "garbage stats", right?

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The whiney bitch convinced the wrs not to attend otas. Great work cockhead.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know, I know. Nothing but more "garbage stats", right?
Pretty much.
In his 9 post season losses, the defense gave up an average of 36 ppg. That's the main reason his post season has been relatively unsuccessful. Brady has played against a team scoring more than 35 only 2 times in his 45 post season games (0-2)
"a sub 90 QB rating in the last 4 CCG", Why not the last 3 CCG?
Oh right, because his rating was 97.4 and that doesnt fit the narrative... So basically what you're saying, is that Rodgers had a sub par rating in 2015 CCG. A game that The Packers had a 19-7 lead with 3 minutes to go and Seattle with no time outs. That loss was on him? Cmon man.... Seattle had 3 possessions to GB 1, and on the only possession GB had he led them to a game tying FG to force OT, when the defense again failed them.
Still and all, because of THAT single game, his QB rating dips to a "sub 90" (88.9) in last 4.
Just for fun sake, how does an 88.9 compare?
Brady has a career post season QB rating of 90.4, virtually the same. In 34 playoff wins, Brady has had a QB rating less than 80 11 times, less than the 88.9 20 times
He's a douche and I get why he's earned folks wrath over this trade me stuff, but trying to minimize his post season career going off passer rating, is a bit goofy

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Pretty much.
In his 9 post season losses, the defense gave up an average of 36 ppg. That's the main reason his post season has been relatively unsuccessful. Brady has played against a team scoring more than 35 only 2 times in his 45 post season games (0-2)
"a sub 90 QB rating in the last 4 CCG", Why not the last 3 CCG?
Oh right, because his rating was 97.4 and that doesnt fit the narrative... So basically what you're saying, is that Rodgers had a sub par rating in 2015 CCG. A game that The Packers had a 19-7 lead with 3 minutes to go and Seattle with no time outs. That loss was on him? Cmon man.... Seattle had 3 possessions to GB 1, and on the only possession GB had he led them to a game tying FG to force OT, when the defense again failed them.
Still and all, because of THAT single game, his QB rating dips to a "sub 90" (88.9) in last 4.
Just for fun sake, how does an 88.9 compare?
Brady has a career post season QB rating of 90.4, virtually the same. In 34 playoff wins, Brady has had a QB rating less than 80 11 times, less than the 88.9 20 times
He's a douche and I get why he's earned folks wrath over this trade me stuff, but trying to minimize his post season career going off passer rating, is a bit goofy
Sure he's had great games. Sure his defense has let him down in some. Sure you may believe I'm trying to minimize his postseason career. I'm saying in BIG GAMES (CCGs), he doesn't inspire much confidence.

Okay let's say his defense lost the Seattle game when GB had a 16 point lead at the half. Let's ignore the fact he was 1 of 7 converting 3rd downs in the second half. Let's ignore the fact he had a 4.85 yards per attempt performance in the second half. Let's say it was all on the defense. At least we're not saying he's out there alone with JAGs all around him.

How about the last 3 CCG's?

First half 2016: 12 of 17 for 119 yards 0 TD 1 Int (25% third down conversions; 1 of 4). Down 24-0 at the half.
First half 2019: 9 of 12 for 65 yards 0 TD 1 Int (0% third down conversions; 0-4) Down 27-0 at the half. Defense again
First half 2020: 14 of 19 for 165 yards 1 TD 1 Int (66% third down conversions; 4 of 6) Down 21-10 at the half.

I can remember discussions about Rams football when the defense was blamed. Some thought the offense gave the defense very little help. In the 2016 CCG, the Packers had the ball for 10 minutes of the first half and scored 0 points. That the defense's fault? Or how about in 2019? The had the ball for 14 minutes of the first half and scored 0 points. Defense again? Last season the defense gave up a late TD in the first half (yeah, defense's fault) so it was 21-10 instead of 14-10. But what allowed that possession for that late score? A Rodgers interception with 0:34 to go in the half. Tampa took over at their 49 and GBay's defense had a lapse on 1 play. Face it, outside of 2014, Rodger's hasn't produced in the first half of CCGs and as a result, they trail badly to start the 2nd half. That's on the defense? 10 first half points in 3 CCGs? That's gotta wear a defense down and if they're only average or even slightly above to begin with, the lack of production from the offense has got to put them in a bind.

The guy just hasn't produced in conference championship games. In other playoff games and the regular season, he's lights out. Then there's no "Aaron wasn't given any help" or "His head coach is a moron" or "His defense sucks". No. Then it's Aaron Rodgers, MVP. But even his most staunch defenders should see, some pretty shitty performances in the first half of CCGs. Fumbles on sacks, fumbles on snaps, interceptions. Terrible 3rd down percentages. Very Un-Rodgers like. Why? Lousy defense and no help for Aaron? No. I think it's pressure. Pressure to win more titles than Favre did in Green Bay. Because, in the end, it's not about the Packers team. It's not about the Packers legacy. It's about Aaron Rodgers' Packer legacy and it has to be better than Favre.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay let's say his defense lost the Seattle game when GB had a 16 point lead at the half. Let's ignore the fact he was 1 of 7 converting 3rd downs in the second half. Let's ignore the fact he had a 4.85 yards per attempt performance in the second half. Let's say it was all on the defense. At least we're not saying he's out there alone with JAGs all around him.
19-7 lead with 3 minutes to go, Seattle with 0 time outs.
They shouldn’t have lost that game. Period. Epic meltdown by defense and special teams. There’s just no argument against.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy just hasn't produced in conference championship games
Last year perhaps? 346 yards, 3 TD, 101.6 QB rating.
loses to QB who threw for 280, 3 second half INT and a 73.8 QB rating.
2019? 330 yards, 2 TD, 97.2 QB rating, loses to a QB who completed only 6 passes for 77 yards!
2018? 280 yards, 3 TD and loses to team that scored 44 points, 500 yards of offense and 30 1st downs.
GB has given up 37ppg in last 3 CG
Tell me a QB, any QB in the history of the NFL that has a winning record playoffs or otherwise against teams scoring 37ppg
I’ll wait....

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Last year perhaps? 346 yards, 3 TD, 101.6 QB rating.
loses to QB who threw for 280, 3 second half INT and a 73.8 QB rating.
2019? 330 yards, 2 TD, 97.2 QB rating, loses to a QB who completed only 6 passes for 77 yards!
2018? 280 yards, 3 TD and loses to team that scored 44 points, 500 yards of offense and 30 1st downs.
Yeah, that's the narrative. Look at his complete stats!! Great QB. Can only be missing the Superbowl because he's got no help, a lousy defense and terrible coaching. But it was 336 yards passing in 2019. That is awesome. 0 first half points. That is not. 2016 was 287 yards. 0 first half points. 346 yards last year. 10 first half points with a late interception giving TB the ball at midfield. There's a theme in there somewhere. Something like "doesn't get off to good starts" or "puts the team behind the 8 ball" or "Regular season/first round Rodgers does it (or more accurately, 'doesn't do it') again". I'd bet most QBs would say I'd trade the MVP for SB Championship any day. Not Aaron.

When fans say, "he makes everybody around him better" when he wins, then say, "he gets no help" when they lose are trying to have it both ways. Or doing a spot on impersonation of Aaron Rodgers.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, that's the narrative. Look at his complete stats!! Great QB. Can only be missing the Superbowl because he's got no help, a lousy defense and terrible coaching.
I dont think you understand what a narrative is.... I am using facts. A narrative is what you are creating with your goalpost moving & cherry picking. So now you are talking about 1st halves of games? Cmon man.....
I dont like Rodgers any more than you do, and now after seeing his "interview" on ESPN the other day, I understand why so many think he's a douche. But that doesnt change the fact that he is an incredible QB, and trying to diminish his accomplishments with some goofy narrative is just silly.
Dumb coaching decisions cost teams championships, and teams that cant bring it on defense during post season dont win. And the facts are just there for the taking, the "great" QB's didnt win playoff games when the D gave up 37 points per game
Brady is blessed that (cheating aside) he has been on the right side of many bone headed decisions, Carroll choosing to pass at the goal line, LaFleur inexplicably kicking the FG, Quinn just brain farting all around in 2nd half, Goff just forgetting how to play football for 3 Q,
Fox playing softest zone ever, Martz refusing to run ball etc etc..
Take Brady off those Pats teams and though they wouldnt necessarily win championships, they surely showed they could at least win games without him. When Rodgers isnt/wasnt on the field for the Packers, they are a flat out terrible team. Not narrative, just facts

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I dont think you understand what a narrative is.... I am using facts. A narrative is what you are creating with your goalpost moving & cherry picking. So now you are talking about 1st halves of games? Cmon man.....
I dont like Rodgers any more than you do, and now after seeing his "interview" on ESPN the other day, I understand why so many think he's a douche. But that doesnt change the fact that he is an incredible QB, and trying to diminish his accomplishments with some goofy narrative is just silly.
Dumb coaching decisions cost teams championships, and teams that cant bring it on defense during post season dont win. And the facts are just there for the taking, the "great" QB's didnt win playoff games when the D gave up 37 points per game
Brady is blessed that (cheating aside) he has been on the right side of many bone headed decisions, Carroll choosing to pass at the goal line, LaFleur inexplicably kicking the FG, Quinn just brain farting all around in 2nd half, Goff just forgetting how to play football for 3 Q,
Fox playing softest zone ever, Martz refusing to run ball etc etc..
Take Brady off those Pats teams and though they wouldnt necessarily win championships, they surely showed they could at least win games without him. When Rodgers isnt/wasnt on the field for the Packers, they are a flat out terrible team. Not narrative, just facts
I understand narrative. It's pointing to 300+ yards passing and saying "see, great game by Rodgers, so obviously it was the defense!!". Goff had 517 against Tampa in 2019 and lost. I brought up the Rodgers "first half problems" because they are facts....and they are real. And they matter when GB has an average defense. The Rams had the #1 defense in the NFL last year....and they averaged allowing 16.8 PPG. Rodgers led the Packers to 0 first half points against Atlanta in 2016 and 0 first half points against SF in 2019. You blame the GB defense but even had they been as good as the 2020 Rams D, the Packers are still behind in both games. Why? Because of the defense? No. Because Rodgers couldn't put a point on the board in the first half. Then facing a 24 point halftime deficit vs Atlanta and a 27 point halftime deficit vs SF, he throws for 287 and 326 yards for the game. Big freaking deal. Points win games, not passing yards. And he didn't put any on the board when both games were still games.

Talk about moving the goalposts. Never said he wasn't a great QB. The narrative you're pushing is his narrative. He's a great QB, therefore if he doesn't win the Superbowl it's gotta be something else. Not enough talent around him, poor defense or poor coaching. He's great enough to raise players around him but not when it matters the most. And yet, the Packers have gone 13-3 two years in a row. The Packers had the #7 defense vs the pass last year, #14 against the run, #14 vs the pass in 2019, #23 vs the run. Hmmm, not #1 but not even in the lower half of the NFL. Why does he shine in the regular season and then crap the bed in the CCGs? Right, he passed for 300 yards....after scoring 0 in the first half and facing a D who doesn't care if he completes seven 10 yard passes on a FG drive. Facts? Yeah, 300 yards is a fact. So is 0 points when keeping his team in the game requires 10 or 14.

My god, I know he's good but can he do no wrong? Like in CCGs? At some point don't you have to admit, there's something wrong if Rodgers can't score a first half point in the 2nd biggest game of the year. And you can't blame THAT on the GB defense. My stats you call "a narrative" and your stats are "facts". Come on DB, I've been around the block a few times. 300 yards passing can be had during a pedestrian performance by a QB...if the table is set by getting behind early. Or are you telling me those 0 point first halves were good? A ploy? An attempt to lull the opponent to sleep? Yebbit, yebbit, yebbit....he had 300 yards!!!

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand narrative. It's pointing to 300+ yards passing and saying "see, great game by Rodgers, so obviously it was the defense!!".
Great. Well done
Now you've added strawman to your repertoire
Goodbye, take that nonsense elsewhere

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
and, and then I get mad cuz, cuz ,I don't got no friends.
Cuz everybody says I'm a narcissistic asshole.

1622156983321.png

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
What I don't like about Rodgers is what a passive-aggressive fuck he is. He goes on TV and generalizes about how it's about the people, denies that he's butt-hurt even though he clearly has been since they drafted Love. Can't even find the balls to call out the parties he has a rift with in fact instead sticking to bullshit generalities. Then goes on and on about the people and how he won the MVP but oh hey it's not good enough because they're not doing things the right way.

From the GM perspective why would you want to trade the best QB in the league to another team so he can shit all over you. F that. So say what you want about their GM, who definitely has his faults, but it's understandable to call his bluff IMO. The guy already got the last regime fired. He'll probably get the GM fired this time too. But I fully get not wanting to move him for some bullshit draft picks. Far better for him to retire in team colors and go on to making everyone miserable around him in his next career.
I know you don't like Rodgers, and that's fine, but this is just a bit unrealistic imo. An NFL star calling out management by name would probably only prove to most people that Rodgers is actually the asshole you think he is. And if Rodgers had the power to get McCarthy fired it would have happened five years earlier.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Great. Well done
Now you've added strawman to your repertoire
Goodbye, take that nonsense elsewhere
Nonsense? Like you saying I'm saying Rodgers isn't a great QB.....pot meet kettle, I guess. Your facts don't hold up so take the ball and go home!!!

But if I still have your attention, riddle me this......if Green Bay's defense sucked and cost them the CCG last year (I think...or was it something else that cost them????). That shitty defense picked Brady off 3 times in the 2nd half, held TB to 10 points, 7 of which came on the first play (8 yard TD pass) after a fumble by GB to start the 3rd quarter. Score 28-10. Rodgers puts together a TD drive to make it 28-17 and after that, three Brady picks which Sir Aaron converted into a healthy 7 points......a TD drive to make the score 28-23 and two 3 and outs. Yeah, awesome performance!!! 346 yards!!!! Isn't that the point in the game GREAT QBs make those turnovers hurt?

Oh wait, now I remember. It wasn't Rodgers' fault. It was that stupid FG call. There was every reason to believe Aaron would have tied it with a TD pass after going 4 of his last 11 on 3 possessions!!! Especially his last 3 passes which were all incomplete. IMO, LaFleur saved Rodgers the embarrassment of losing another CCG with a poor performance by kicking the FG. What excuse would AR have had after one more incompletion? Bad defense? 3 picks and 10 second half points?

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Is this shit still going? Here's a thought. Make it about the subject, not about each other. This back and forth is getting old. Actually, it got old several pages ago.