Aaron Rodgers is 1-6 Against All-Pro Cornerbacks in His Career

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Per Kyle Brandt on GMFB, Rodgers has faced 7 All Pro CB's, IE lockdown Corners, in their All Pro year and hasn't come out well. Jalen Ramsey will be the next for Rodgers along with the rest of the Defense who will be right in Rodgers face all game. To be fair, Matt LaFleur will probably line Adams in the slot in order to keep him busy. Still, the above stat and the match-up of Adams v. Ramsey will be one of the most interesting match-ups this week end.

edit: Misnamed Green Bays best WR "Freeman, dammit!

Last edited:

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Hmmmm. I wish I wasn't working so I could go find the box scores for those games to see how much of it is small sample size vs. shutting down his one elite weapon in the last three years. Interesting stuff. Obviously any QB is going to struggle against a top tier corner, but when the team he plays for doesn't see the need to invest in weapons, it becomes inevitable he tries to force the ball to Adams.

TexasRam

Legend
Freeman?

1610466064975.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmmmm. I wish I wasn't working so I could go find the box scores for those games to see how much of it is small sample size vs. shutting down his one elite weapon in the last three years. Interesting stuff. Obviously any QB is going to struggle against a top tier corner, but when the team he plays for doesn't see the need to invest in weapons, it becomes inevitable he tries to force the ball to Adams.
Adams and Ramsey have faced each other one time and that was when Ramsey was a rookie with the Jags. Ramsey held Adams to 5 yards receiving.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Go ahead line Adams up in the slot....CB's Darious Williams & Troy Hill will usually win from the outside on the loose ends receivers & Ramsey in his star position just sticks to Adams. Meanwhile safeties Fuller, JJ III & Scott cover the rest.

Rodger's interior OL has three all-pros in it but his OLT is on the IR now. His replacement is the starting RG & the starting RT has a bad knee. No telling how this Packer OL will work but If I were Staley I would attack from the exterior edges all day! Let Brockers/ SJ-D/Gaines/Robinson & Fox do all the heavy lifting inside & just line Aaron Donald up over the new LT & sore knee RT.

The front DL is more than capable of getting pressure on Rodgers something he is not that use to this season when playing the Lions/ Vikings & Bears twice. Nothing I like seeing more is when the Sports Media Darlings & MVP Rodgers is getting harassed & pressured then sacked all day. It's so rewarding.

Rams will be best pass defense Aaron Rodgers has faced since losing 2019 NFC championship
Rams D vs Aaron Rodgers: That battle usually goes to the defense! - Turf Show Times

The Packers are 1-2 against teams in the top-12 of pass defense, but 12-1 against everybody else. That “everybody else” includes:

• The Lions, ranked 32nd in pass defense, twice.
  • The Jaguars, 31st in pass defense.
  • The Titans, 30th in pass defense.
  • The Texans, 29th in pass defense.
  • The Eagles, 24th in pass defense.
  • The Panthers, 23rd in pass defense.
  • The Falcons, 19th in pass defense (and when Dan Quinn was still the head coach)
  • The Vikings, 14th in pass defense, twice.
  • The Bears, 13th in pass defense, twice.

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think we match up well against the Packer's O. The question is, which Ram's offense is going to show up???

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we match up well against the Packer's O. The question is, which Ram's offense is going to show up???
The mobile one where Wolfy makes 1st downs when everyone is covered...

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
The mobile one where Wolfy makes 1st downs when everyone is covered...

LOL. Oh sad cat, how naive you are. LOL.

I was talking about whether or not the offensive line and the run game would show up.

I'm still not acknowledging Wolfie as anything other than a "red jersey" practice squad QB.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL. Oh sad cat, how naive you are. LOL.

I was talking about whether or not the offensive line and the run game would show up.

I'm still not acknowledging Wolfie as anything other than a "red jersey" practice squad QB.
Naive? hardly.
Goff is our normal starter, but Wolfy made good decisions after his first throw as a starter vs Arizona. Besides, he or Goff will be handing the ball off to Cam Akers this game most of the time. Neither of our QB's is going to have big passing games to win this.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Naive? hardly.
Goff is our normal starter, but Wolfy made good decisions after his first throw as a starter vs Arizona. Besides, he or Goff will be handing the ball off to Cam Akers this game most of the time. Neither of our QB's is going to have big passing games to win this.

Yeah, you're right. I just don't like rolling with a backup in a playoff game. We saw that Goff was functional, and if our OL shows up, that should be enough. I think having the confidence of a player like Goff out there is an important intangible.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, you're right. I just don't like rolling with a backup in a playoff game. We saw that Goff was functional, and if our OL shows up, that should be enough. I think having the confidence of a player like Goff out there is an important intangible.
Beisdes, I hear GB's Dline isn't that stiff against the run, but that's just what others have said....