Aaron Donald’s ribs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Russell Wilson once landed on Aaron Donald's ribs with his fat ass and Russell is the one who's butthurt

Flint

Pro Bowler
It’s not like the Hags had any better success with AD out, Russ was trying to figure out which guy it would be this time. I was a little surprised to see Gaines in the backfield doing his thing and Obo too. Maybe if Staley stays Floyd will too.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s not like the Hags had any better success with AD out, Russ was trying to figure out which guy it would be this time. I was a little surprised to see Gaines in the backfield doing his thing and Obo too. Maybe if Staley stays Floyd will too.
Would love to have those 2 back. And a full year of A. Robinson, with SJD, Gains and Fox all getting better. Yikes.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
B22E4651-A93E-4A24-9427-99BD374EA446.png

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Torn rib cartridge.....and he playing... Simply beastly!!!

Flint

Pro Bowler
It was kinda funny, Buck and Aikman speculated that AD twisted his knee or something when clearly Russ sat on him. We’ve all seen AD with his shirt off and you wouldn’t think that would be enough to cause injury, maybe that’s the only spot on his body that’s vulnerable, like Achilles.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It was kinda funny, Buck and Aikman speculated that AD twisted his knee or something when clearly Russ sat on him. We’ve all seen AD with his shirt off and you wouldn’t think that would be enough to cause injury, maybe that’s the only spot on his body that’s vulnerable, like Achilles.

Troy said he thought he broke his ribs

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah since cartilage obviously isn't muscle there's no direct way to strengthen that by weightlifing even though it's somewhat reinforced by strong abdominal muscles.

My biggest concern above the others is this injury, where I'm unsure that we get a 100% or even 90% Donald on game day vs Packers. Sure 90% is better than most others, but I really don't want him operating at less than 100 if we are to have a chance to win.

I'm recalling a long ago playoff game where a certain defensive star by the name of Jack Youngblood suffered that broken leg. In the following title game and SB he wasn't the destructive force that I was accustomed to. Sure it was better to see him out there than MIA but I tell people what a pass rush we'd have in the SB with him at 100%. Bradshaw would have little time to launch those 2nd half bombs. What if, woulda, coulda, I know.

And we know a broken leg is more serious than torn rib cartilage (a little more at the closest) but it's still cause for concern. The effect on a player could be similar though both injuries are totally different (again, obviously). He had labored breathing after the injury which looked like broken ribs or a punctured lung. Labored breathing could screw up his stamina big time. The motor needs to be constantly running. Also don't want the enemy team poking at it during the game. In times past that would happen when a player has a known injury so there could even be a subtle rib jab here and there.

My temporary solution.... flak jacket.

Last edited: