A Suh/Bowman Rams mock ... ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
OK, try to imagine the rumors as true and we landed both Ndamakong Suh & Navarro Bowman on the cheap for one or two year contracts for each ...

Current 2018 Rams draft picks :
  • Round 1 (No. 23)
  • Round 3 (No. 87)
  • Round 4 (No. 111, via MIA)
  • Round 4 (No. 135, via NYG)
  • Round 6 (No. 176, via NYG)
  • Round 6 (No. 183, via MIA)
  • Round 6 (No. 194, via DET)
  • Round 6 (No. 195, via BUF)
  • Round 6 (No. 198)

Rams Trade for :

CB - Marcus Peters ($1,741,931)
CB - Aqib Talib ($11mil.)

Rams Free Agency :

NT/DT) Ndamakong Suh - ?
ILB) Navarro Bowman - ?
FS) LaMarcus Joyner - Franchised (1 year, $11.287mil.)
CB) Nickell Robey-Coleman (3 yr(s)/$15,750,000)
CB) Sammy Shields
C) John Sullivan (2years/$15mil.)
DE) Dominique Easley (1year/$1,850,000)
LS) Jake McQuaide (3 yr(s)/$3,525,000)
Tender all RFA's, ERFA's)

Trade :

Kayvon Webster

Next step for Snead is a couple of draft day trades, the first being with Cleveland :

Rams trade Round 1 Pick #23, Round 4 Pick #135, Round 6 Pick #198 & CB Trayvon Webster
Browns trade Round 2 Pick #35 and Round 2 Pick #64 and Round 4 Pick #114

Following the Cleveland trade our draft would be :

• Round 2 (No. 35)
  • Round 2 (No. 64)
  • Round 3 (No. 87)
  • Round 4 (No. 111)
  • Round 4 (No.114)
  • Round 6 (No. 176)
  • Round 6 (No. 183)
  • Round 6 (No. 194)
  • Round 6 (No. 195)

The Rams second day of the draft would have us trading #87 & #111 to Oakland for #75

Following the Raiders trade our draft would be :

• Round 2 (No. 35) - OG/OC - Billy Price, Oh.St.
  • Round 2 (No. 64) - WR - D.J.Chark, LSU
  • Round 3 (No. 75) - OLB - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Ok. or Lorenzo Carter, Ga.
  • Round 4 (No.114) - S - Trayvon Henderson, Hi.
  • Round 6 (No. 176) - OT/OG - Alex Cappa, Humboldt
  • Round 6 (No. 183) - OT/OG - Timon Parris, Stony Brook
  • Round 6 (No. 194) - OT/OG - Greg Senat, Wagner
  • Round 6 (No. 195) - DT - Folorunso Fatukasi, Ct.

The 53 :

Offense (25) :

QB) Goff, Mannion
RB) Gurley, M. Brown, Davis
FB) Rogers
WR) Chark, Reynolds, Woods, Kupp, Cooper, Thomas
TE) Higbee, Everett, Hemingway
LT) Whitworth, Lucas, Cappa
LG) Saffold, Blythe
C) Sullivan, Price, Blythe
RG) Brown, Price, Cappa
RT) Havenstein, Lucas, Senat

Defense (25) :

LDE) Brockers, Easley, Fox
NT/DT) Suh, Westbrooks
RDE) Donald, Westbrooks, Fox
LOLB) Ebukam, Sickels
ILB) Bowman, Hager
ILB) Barron, Littleton, Lynch
ROLB) Okoronkwo or Carter, Longacre
FS) Joyner, Henderson
SS) John Johnson, I Johnson
CB) Peters, Talib, Robey-Coleman, Shields, Hill, Peterson

Special Teams (3)

K) Zuerlein
P) Hekker
LS) McQuaide

The torn pectoral gets the Rams a big discount on a high quality future Center/OG.
Rams get a tall, speedster replacement with good hands to compete with Reynolds as Watkins' replacement.
We move up into a better position for Quinn's replacement.
Trayvon Henderson was a guy the Rams checked out following the Combine and can play either SS or FS.
Count em, ... yup, that's 3 late round small school OT/OG's as playthings for Kromer & Whitworth to develop for a team which may just have to replace it's entire OL next year if they can't stay healthy or are lost to free agency.

A DL with Donald, Suh & Brockers is what legends are made of if we can make it happen, ... between the QB pressures up front and the outstanding DB unit swarming for the ball, expect turnovers in masse. The LB'er crew may require most of Wade Phillips' time in training up, while somewhat better in run D and potentially weaker with the pass rush, but just coming close to last seasons stats will open up enough problems for opposing offenses that they are likely often overwhelmed. Top 5 D for sure.

jmo.

Last edited:

BeefJurky

Rookie
Good effort. Here's my thoughts.

Cool:
  • I like trading back for Price. A good move for the future.
  • Good optimism on the rest of FA for Bowman and Suh.

Less cool:
  • That looks like a bad trade. Losing our 1st (and 5th year option, a 4th, 6th, and Kayvon for two 2nds and a 4th isn't worth it.
  • We'd have no money for AD.
  • I don't think Orokonwo is ready to start day 1 and be a big asset let alone beat out Longacre.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't think that Fatukasi goes where you have him at, but I like the pick, if Suh is only a one-year contract. He's a powerful young man who can play all across the D-line.

I'm glad that someone else is on the Timon Parris bandwagon aside from me. Add in Cappa (whom I also like) and Senat (whom I like, but would prefer Demby), and you have some solid young offensive linemen to help back up the starting five, along with Blythe and Eldrenkamp.

Speaking of which, I'm not really on board with the Price pick. I think that Eldrenkamp is the heir apparent to Sullivan. I get why you're making it, but I just disagree a bit, you know?

Chark is a solid option in the second round.

I love Okoronkwo/Carter at that spot, but I honestly think that we're light on inside and outside linebackers in this draft as a whole. Even if Bowman is decent and/or Barron can stay healthy, I think that we lack a pass rush from the outside, and we have two older inside linebackers who have been injured in the past.

Overall, I like the draft quite a bit. Good job.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • That looks like a bad trade. Losing our 1st (and 5th year option, a 4th, 6th, and Kayvon for two 2nds and a 4th isn't worth it.
  • We'd have no money for AD.
  • I don't think Orokonwo is ready to start day 1 and be a big asset let alone beat out Longacre.

I was/am actually prepared to give up more to make that trade. Kayvon Webster doesn't hold much value with Peters, Talib & Shields now on the roster, and the CAP savings is substantial.

We do have the money for Donald with nearly $28mil in available CAP currently on-hand so long as some estimates of 2 years/$25mil. for Suh hold true, and there is still a good chance Donald's extension won't go into affect until 2019, even if the new contract is signed this year.

If Longacre is getting more 2018 snaps than Okoronkwo/Carter, that's fine with me, but I still imagine the new guy will be getting plenty of work. The LB'er positions are likely revisited again in 2019 anyway, can't get everything done in one off-season.

jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't think that Fatukasi goes where you have him at, but I like the pick, if Suh is only a one-year contract. He's a powerful young man who can play all across the D-line.

I'm glad that someone else is on the Timon Parris bandwagon aside from me. Add in Cappa (whom I also like) and Senat (whom I like, but would prefer Demby), and you have some solid young offensive linemen to help back up the starting five, along with Blythe and Eldrenkamp.

Speaking of which, I'm not really on board with the Price pick. I think that Eldrenkamp is the heir apparent to Sullivan. I get why you're making it, but I just disagree a bit, you know?

Chark is a solid option in the second round.

I love Okoronkwo/Carter at that spot, but I honestly think that we're light on inside and outside linebackers in this draft as a whole. Even if Bowman is decent and/or Barron can stay healthy, I think that we lack a pass rush from the outside, and we have two older inside linebackers who have been injured in the past.

Overall, I like the draft quite a bit. Good job.

Thanks.

The great thing about Price is that he'll be equal to the task at either OG or Center, and with so many uncertainties along our OL with the 2019 free agency period and aging/health issues for Whitworth/Sullivan, Billy Price will start with little to no fall-off of quality play in place of Brown, Saffold or Sully. Eldrencamp may have a future with the Rams, but currently I'm seeing him more in a reserve role with Blythe as first man up behind Center/LG.

I personally believe with Ebukam, Bowman & a healthy Barron returning, the Rams will be improved along the left & interior, especially so in run defense, and that's without Suh up front. A healthy Longacre definitely strengthens our run D on the right side, so the only area where we probably notice a significant drop-off is with the pass rush, and while I believe Okoronkwo will be effective, I doubt we can expect him to be 'Quinn' effective in year one. Although I didn't mention him in the above mock, Ejuan Price could easily be ready for a rotational pass rush role with his non-stop motor, he might thrive in this new environment, so it will be interesting whether his camp showing this off-season provides enough improvement to garner a permanent roster spot, I'll be hoping it does.

jmo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice work as always.
You’re gonna ride the Billy Price train all the way aren’t you?? Lol

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
OK guys, half the prediction is now history and in the books, so welcome aboard Ndamukong Suh. I'd love to add an ILB prior to the draft so BPA can rule on that particular day, and Navarro Bowman would bring us a nice answer as a vet who can help Barron work with this very young unit. The only other personnel changes from this near week old thread would be to drop Lynch and add Ejuan Price to the 53. Fox is the other dropped from the roster. I also might add if it's necessary to drop one or more of our 6'th round picks to move up in the draft to secure these earlier players, that is not a problem if it unfolds that way.

The Draft :

• Round 2 (No. 35) - OG/OC - Billy Price, Oh.St.
  • Round 2 (No. 64) - WR - D.J.Chark, LSU
  • Round 3 (No. 75) - OLB - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Ok. or Lorenzo Carter, Ga.
  • Round 4 (No.114) - S - Trayvon Henderson, Hi.
  • Round 6 (No. 176) - OT/OG - Alex Cappa, Humboldt
  • Round 6 (No. 183) - DT - Folorunso Fatukasi, Ct.
  • Round 6 (No. 194) - OT/OG - Timon Parris, Stony Brook
  • Round 6 (No. 195) - OT/OG - Greg Senat, Wagner

The 53 :

Offense (25) :

QB) Goff, Mannion
RB) Gurley, M. Brown, Davis
FB) Rogers
WR) Chark, Reynolds, Woods, Kupp, Cooper, Thomas
TE) Higbee, Everett, Hemingway
LT) Whitworth, Lucas, Cappa
LG) Saffold, Blythe
C) Sullivan, Price, Blythe
RG) Brown, Price, Cappa
RT) Havenstein, Lucas, Senat

Defense (25) :

LDE) Brockers, Easley
NT/DT) Suh, Westbrooks, Omarius Bryant or Folorunso Fatukasi
RDE) Donald, Westbrooks
LOLB) Ebukam, Sickels
ILB) Bowman, Hager
ILB) Barron, Littleton
ROLB) Okoronkwo or Carter, Longacre, Price
FS) Joyner, Henderson
SS) John Johnson, I Johnson
CB) Peters, Talib, Robey-Coleman, Shields, Hill, Peterson

Special Teams (3)

K) Zuerlein
P) Hekker
LS) McQuaide

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand why Cleveland trades up, seems likely that 23 is either the 5th or 6th QB or a team trading up for a CB (seems a hot spot, thanks @jrry32 ) so if Cleveland is getting a CB in the trade and will have already drafted 2 1st rounders, I don't see where they're a trade partner?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't understand why Cleveland trades up, seems likely that 23 is either the 5th or 6th QB or a team trading up for a CB (seems a hot spot, thanks @jrry32 ) so if Cleveland is getting a CB in the trade and will have already drafted 2 1st rounders, I don't see where they're a trade partner?

As we've been hearing, the Browns may be one of the teams in play for the Odell Beckham Jr. sweepstakes, so failing that, what better can they do to help protect their young new QB than to either invest in a top shelf WR to grow with or an offensive lineman ? They would also be in a better position to move up a couple spots if the found it necessary. jmo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As we've been hearing, the Browns may be one of the teams in play for the Odell Beckham Jr. sweepstakes, so failing that, what better can they do to help protect their young new QB than to either invest in a top shelf WR to grow with or an offensive lineman ? They would also be in a better position to move up a couple spots if the found it necessary. jmo.
They are paying 16 mill for Jarvis Landry and have Josh Gordon back in the fold. I get taking a shot at Beckham with say pick #4, don't see where 23 comes in to play. No big deal, appreciate all the effort!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Because OBJ is on the last year and can hold out for up to 10 games, it’s almost as good as a no trade clause.

I dunno if he told AD and another DL that he wants in, but honestly, he’s better off balling out in NY and then hitting the open market then being traded to just anyone (and no offense, but Cleveland as improved as I think they will be are still very much “just anyone”). That’s why I think it’s LA or bust.

Other teams will call, but we all know what a headache OBJ can be if he’s frustrated.