A moment of respect.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't wait for May! There's so many ways to go in the draft, and all the scenarios seem positive. Its great to have smart and proven people making the decisions! This is a completely different team than the total mess Fisher inherited. We're on the rise my friends!

RamzFanz - of all the avatars on all the forums on the entire internet... well, you know the rest. wow

Dat ass. I know. Pow.

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz talking about our collective hopes:
Austin may be a super star. Not much more you can do with all those plays called back, Schotty calling the plays, and Bradford out. I hope he's changed your mind by mid-season.
As do we all. (y) :)

iced

Don't even want to begin to imagine what this team would look like right now if Spags and Devaney were still at the helm, thank god I don't have to either! :D
hB015DB01

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Austin may be a super star. Not much more you can do with all those plays called back, Schotty calling the plays, and Bradford out. I hope he's changed your mind by mid-season.
He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He won't turn every play into a highlight reel, but i think he's going to be a star as his game matures.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Quinn is head and shoulders better than any player Snisher drafted.

They have yet to draft a star player. They were handed a great opportunity in 2012 falling into the #2 pick and having RG3 available.
They've turned the roster over, and now we're competitive. I betting Ogletree and Tavon reach the "star player" category soon, and we're still reaping the rewards of how our front office handled the RG3 situation

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I'm excited for this season! Young team developing into a contender. There are many players to be optimistic about. One of my personal favorites is Stedman Bailey, this kid is tough, reminds me of Steve Smith without all the jawing, played ST fearlessly got some chances late in the year and made plays. He is small but plays big, I like the way he fights for every inch of turf.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I would do this trade again in a heartbeat. He's not just a WR, He's a triple threat. He's dangerous as a returner (Indi), as a HB (Vs CHI), and as a WR. He flashed all of it in his rookie year despite Kellen taking the snaps for half the season. Sure we all wish there could have been directed towards Austin. It was obvious Schermer was being conservative with him. With our ferocious running game, it's easy to assume our receivers will have more time and space to work with. I expect big things from Austin and all our receivers this season.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
This is still the youngest team in the NFL and will get younger after the draft. As they mature as players in the league this team will take off. This team is being built the right way through the draft and developing guys in your system. As long as the Rams can maintain stability at the top of the organization down through the coaches we should only be seeing improvement year to year. Look at the other teams in the NFL who are always in the playoffs. They usually build their teams through the draft and have the same coaches for long periods of time without major turnover every two years or so. Biggest key for me this season is injuries. If we can stay relatively healthy this team will compete for the playoffs. More specifically the Oline and QB. If Long, Saffold, Wells and Bradford can make it through the whole season, watch out!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He won't turn every play into a highlight reel, but i think he's going to be a star as his game matures.

I have little doubt, too.

Just too much freak athleticism to matchup against.

Let's see what he's like with a year under his belt.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think if Spags was still here and had known he was going to be here for five years like Fisher was guaranteed he'd have done a creditable job ,the three year standard for elevating co ordinators is a fools game and guarantees that ONLY the very best , the one in a hundred, instant success guys keep the job and that often the team that gives them the second chance are the team that reaps the benefit,which is why someone SHOULD have hired Martz.

Spags HAD to be fired because he took the deal for fewer than five years and couldn't have the 4th year to prove he deserved to be extended and FWIW didn't "earn " any extension which MADE him desperate and CAUSED him to load up with veterans too soon and cost him his job and this franchise three to five years of futility,THANK GOD Kroenke gave Fisher the time to go beyond the three year window the impatient fans and front offices expect.
Fisher is taking the slow and steady road building through the draft not listening to Bernie Miklasz trying not to sign long term deals with guys with short term residual shelf life and hopefully building something that can sustain.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm excited for this season! Young team developing into a contender. There are many players to be optimistic about. One of my personal favorites is Stedman Bailey, this kid is tough, reminds me of Steve Smith without all the jawing, played ST fearlessly got some chances late in the year and made plays. He is small but plays big, I like the way he fights for every inch of turf.

1 Player from Each NFL Team Who Could Emerge from the Shadows in 2014
By Eric Mack , Fantasy Football Lead Writer Mar 28, 2014

St. Louis Rams: Stedman Bailey, Wide Receiver
hi-res-b07195df2be5898fc3e00fe7a7741ab3_crop_north.jpg

David Richard/Associated Press

Tavon Austin was the first wide receiver picked in the draft last April, and he made some big plays for the St. Louis Rams as a rookie. Don't lose sight of Austin's college teammate Stedman Bailey, though.

The other Rams rookie receiver made an impact down the stretch and could step forward as a sleeper for Sam Bradford next season.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Jeff Fisher likes his wide receivers so much that the Rams might pass on Sammy Watkins at No. 2 overall this May:

I think with what we have on the roster right now, we can provide (quarterback) Sam (Bradford) with the talent to where we can win a lot of games. We're expecting improvement. We're still seeing improvement from, for example, Brian Quick, Chris Givens who are going into their third year.

We expect significant improvement and more contribution from Tavon (Austin) and Stedman (Bailey). And I'm not disappointed in any way in what Austin Pettis has done in a backup role.

Bailey got the biggest increase of snaps down the stretch in December, according to ESPN.com's Nick Wagoner. He could be a 2014 revelation.

*Thanks to RamBill*

Quinn is head and shoulders better than any player Snisher drafted.

They have yet to draft a star player. They were handed a great opportunity in 2012 falling into the #2 pick and having RG3 available.

That's my issue with the current staff, they're fine (if not better) on the starters front, but where are the elite players? Still time, but if we fail this year I'll know where to point my critical finger.

Alan

Legend
Which finger? Middle? :D
You're not considering Tavon to be elite? Posters are honing their pitchforks and lighting their torches already R&G. :LOL:

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
1 Player from Each NFL Team Who Could Emerge from the Shadows in 2014
By Eric Mack , Fantasy Football Lead Writer Mar 28, 2014

St. Louis Rams: Stedman Bailey, Wide Receiver
hi-res-b07195df2be5898fc3e00fe7a7741ab3_crop_north.jpg

David Richard/Associated Press

Tavon Austin was the first wide receiver picked in the draft last April, and he made some big plays for the St. Louis Rams as a rookie. Don't lose sight of Austin's college teammate Stedman Bailey, though.

The other Rams rookie receiver made an impact down the stretch and could step forward as a sleeper for Sam Bradford next season.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Jeff Fisher likes his wide receivers so much that the Rams might pass on Sammy Watkins at No. 2 overall this May:

I think with what we have on the roster right now, we can provide (quarterback) Sam (Bradford) with the talent to where we can win a lot of games. We're expecting improvement. We're still seeing improvement from, for example, Brian Quick, Chris Givens who are going into their third year.

We expect significant improvement and more contribution from Tavon (Austin) and Stedman (Bailey). And I'm not disappointed in any way in what Austin Pettis has done in a backup role.

Bailey got the biggest increase of snaps down the stretch in December, according to ESPN.com's Nick Wagoner. He could be a 2014 revelation.

*Thanks to RamBill*
Pretty cool, I don't play fantasy football so I don't know about this writers view on Bailey. I'm guessing that I agree with Fisher, I'm hoping in a few years fans will refer to Bailey in the context of "see the Rams can find a stud in the third round" type discussion.:goodluck: