A few thoughts about the upcoming Eagles game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
And in no particular order...

Will OL run blocking improve after knocking off some rust last week? Would be nice to see the occasional big hole for our RB rotation. Boom is gonna be under my microscope, that’s for sure.

Will someone emerge as a force on edge opposite Floyd? Heaven knows we need one. Can Polite get more than one snap, Coach? Cough, cough.

Speaking of Floyd, I’d like to see a bit more from him this week.

Is this the week that the front 7, other than AD, start feasting because of AD’s presence? They’re overdue, IMO. C’mon...

Will we see the ‘real’ Micah Kiser this week that AD and coaches have been praising? Fingers crossed.

Will Sloman have a solid day so that some of us can breathe again?

Can’t wait to see how Staley modifies his personnel vs the Eagles differently than he did vs the Cowboys. Also, is there gonna be a trend toward either Hill or Williams at outside CB? Will Burgess or Long get to see the field? Will Rapp’s improved health give him more snaps at the expense of Fuller, and if so, by how much? I’ve got a feeling that the Eagles might be surprised by a Staley new wrinkle or two. In fact, I’ll be stunned if we don’t see a few new Staley wrinkles this week.

How will McVay attack the Eagle D? I suspect that it might be different than we saw vs the Cowboys. All plays might be on the table.

Should be a fun game to watch, y’all. Should be a tight game, but then again, I look for the Ram O and/or the Ram D to explode on some luckless opponent soon. I think both are underrated by the pundits and some fans.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Will OL run blocking improve after knocking off some rust last week? Would be nice to see the occasional big hole for our RB rotation. Boom is gonna be under my microscope, that’s for sure.

Yep. Seems like we got some push for a change, but didn't create any lanes for Henderson or Akers. How do you feel about the Eagles front 7 vs. Dallas? I'm expecting about the same, since Dallas was minus Vander Esch most of the game?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep. Seems like we got some push for a change, but didn't create any lanes for Henderson or Akers. How do you feel about the Eagles front 7 vs. Dallas? I'm expecting about the same, since Dallas was minus Vander Esch most of the game?

There are no easy front 7’s in the NFL. Best to just bring it on every snap and never hold back.

But I will say this. I have more confidence in our DL than either Ram edge players or ILB’s. I consider our DL more proven, even without ARob.

’Unproven’ would be a fair way to describe our edge and ILB Positions at this point. Potentially could become good, but presently unproven. Sorry.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
And in no particular order...

Will someone emerge as a force on edge opposite Floyd? Heaven knows we need one. Can Polite get more than one snap, Coach? Cough, cough.

Speaking of Floyd, I’d like to see a bit more from him this week.

Is this the week that the front 7, other than AD, start feasting because of AD’s presence? They’re overdue, IMO. C’mon...

Will we see the ‘real’ Micah Kiser this week that AD and coaches have been praising? Fingers crossed.

Will Sloman have a solid day so that some of us can breathe again?

Can’t wait to see how Staley modifies his personnel vs the Eagles differently than he did vs the Cowboys. Also, is there gonna be a trend toward either Hill or Williams at outside CB? Will Burgess or Long get to see the field? Will Rapp’s improved health give him more snaps at the expense of Fuller, and if so, by how much? I’ve got a feeling that the Eagles might be surprised by a Staley new wrinkle or two. In fact, I’ll be stunned if we don’t see a few new Staley wrinkles this week.

How will McVay attack the Eagle D? I suspect that it might be different than we saw vs the Cowboys. All plays might be on the table.

Should be a fun game to watch, y’all. Should be a tight game, but then again, I look for the Ram O and/or the Ram D to explode on some luckless opponent soon. I think both are underrated by the pundits and some fans.
Nice food for thought post. Me I'm simple.

Win the Gosh Darn Game Rams.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I wonder how much Ramsey will be matched up on Ertz.
That could be interesting. I was expecting him to be on DJ, but if him and Goedert are feasting, they may move him around. I don't trust our LBs in coverage so maybe we'll see more 3 safety looks.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I expect to see more snaps for Rapp and Polite. Cox is a concern, he has always given Goff trouble.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I expect to see more snaps for .... Polite.
The Rams are pretty amazing in their ability to take teams cast offs that were first, second and third round draft picks and turn them into productive starters.

I'm REALLY hoping Polite follows that path.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Notebloom better step up. He was by far the weakest link on the offensive line last week.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It is cool where I live on the East coast... snooping Philly weather it will be low 60’s at game time with some breeze, but not overly-windy. So, not bad. But cooler than CA.

I thought Akers on many of his runs was trying to think too fast. But that is to be expected... so I am anxious to see more of Akers. But mention the weather for ball security reasons and desire to run the ball.

As far as Sloman, he could crush 4 of 4 and I’m not sure it will be enough to calm some. The pitch forks seem at ready... and I’m looking around the league wondering where we see greener grass?

Kickers miss kicks and week 1 wasn’t kind to many.

I was stoked by Sloman’s straight simple style from week 1. Regardless the miss... he drilled that fucker too.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I would feel better with ARob in there. Really wish he hadn't opted 'half out". I doubt he'll even play this year personally.

I expect the shit birds to use a ball control offense on us this week. Similar to what we did to Dallas. I think they may have learned their lesson last week,I just hope we can stop them and score more in the damn Redzone.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I just realized that reddit NFL streams got booted after some "agreement" with the NFL...Any help soon would be great...
Hope you're ok in Phoenix Oregon. A friend was laid up there a couple days returning from vacation. I guess you can say the NFL Bite.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
score more in the damn Redzone
I think this is one if not our top needs on offense this season. I see us as continuing to be more ball control and clock management on offense.
On D, I really liked Leonard's play he consistently needed attention and got pressure. Fuller could be a real find but I hope we see more of Rapp especially on passing downs in coverage where he is way ahead of fuller

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Watch the TEs!! They’ve attacked the Rams early and often the last 2 games taking advantage of that matchup.

Re Kiser, he was inconsistent in his rookie preseason, but looked really good when he was on. We saw the bad version last game (hopefully), but he still made a couple of plays. Maybe he’s more comfortable this week and shows something.

Gotta run the ball. No easy task, but they have the edge in the middle of the line and we have got to slow them down.

...and yes, convert in the red zone.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I hope the Rams D will be ready for Wentz Rolloutz. They didn't do any of that vs the Washington no-names but I wouldn't be surprised if I saw that happening today.

I'm tired of losing to this team and I not only want it badly for the 2-0 I want to stop the can't beat 'em narrative. No way do I see McVay losing 3 times to them so I hope we're ready.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think you have to blitz a lot this week, either double Ertz or put Ramsey on him and double Jackson or Reagor. Van Jefferson could have a big game going deep. We could learn a lot about our rookie kicker this week and next. Revenge should be the mantra the next two weeks as well. We owe them a butt whoopin!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Malik Jackson and Fletcher Cox destroyed the Rams last time they played. OL HAS to step up. AD was triple teamed. WTF were the other Rams DL doing when that happens? Brockers and SJD Have to make Iggles pay for double-triple teaming AD.

This game will be decided by who controls the LOS.