A couple of things that get me excited about Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Was reading an article on the Rams website on the final OTA recap and I came upon this paragraph;
"Among the more notable players during OTAs was veteran wideout Kenny Britt, who estimated he hasn't entered a season this healthy since the 2011 season. Plagued by injuries over the past two seasons, the Rams acquired Britt as a potential low-risk, high-reward pickup during the offseason, and his ability has shone through repeatedly over the past two weeks. The 6'3" Britt has created mismatches for Rams defenders during multiple OTAs, and could present a similar element for NFC West defensive backs."

In 2011 Britt was off to a tremendous start with 17 catches 289 yards and 3 TDs in 3 games. That was on pace for an outstanding, all-pro type year. He then tore his knee and has battled back from that. Recent health issues has kept Britt from being the guy he is capable of being.

Another thing comes from Britt's twitter account. He posted I love the mental state I'm in right now. I think another thing holding Britt back was him mentally. He didn't see eye to eye with Titans coaches last year, and Fisher knows and understands Britt. Hopefully he will be able to get the most out of the guy.

I'm now on the Britt bandwagon.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I, too, am cautiously optimistic about Britt. Quick has been getting some positive reviews, as well.

Gasp... Is it possible that we might actually have two legitimate outside tall WR threats by opening day?

Add Austin, Cook, and Bailey, and we may be on to something.

Somebody pinch me!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I really didn't like what I saw out of Britt the past couple of years, but he was in a hell hole with hella injuries too. I like what he represents though. Big dude, strong dude, full of swagger, and veteran leadership. But man, he's had just a TON of injuries. If he can stay healthy all year, I can see him getting a big head of steam as the season wears on.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really didn't like what I saw out of Britt the past couple of years, but he was in a hell hole with hella injuries too. I like what he represents though. Big dude, strong dude, full of swagger, and veteran leadership. But man, he's had just a TON of injuries. If he can stay healthy all year, I can see him getting a big head of steam as the season wears on.
He was horrible last year and not much better the year before. The guy is sort of an enigma, but I think we have a coach that can get the most out of him. If Britt isn't motivated now, he never will be and will be out of the league very soon.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If he has a big year, then what do you do with him? I'd be very afraid to give him a long term deal. I'd guess it's going to be one and done, win lose or draw with Britt.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he has a big year, then what do you do with him? I'd be very afraid to give him a long term deal. I'd guess it's going to be one and done, win lose or draw with Britt.

If he signs elsewhere, I hope it's for big money. Helps get a better comp pick.

Shuie3225

Starter
Idk we shall see. He's always played best under Fisher and if he has his legs under him and can stay healthy, maybe we haven't seen the best of him yet. I wouldn't rule out signing him for a couple more. I really believe signing Britt is HUGE for Quicks development. We shall see this year.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Best case scenario, Britt and Quick start at WR and become reliable targets for Bradford with Givens, Bailey, and Austin rotating in for different packages

The fact that we're able to get hyped up about a player like Britt sums up this regime's ability to find WR talent.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I hopped that bandwagon when I started reading on the ota's.
I like the energy and confidence he's bringing to the younger guys. He's pretty young bimself.

Also remember how well lesser talents like Lloyd and Clayton stood out. To think Britt could contribute even more than those two did, gives us much to look forward too. (Hopefully)