A Better Michael Vick, IMO

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Good Luck during Senior Bowl Week, Nick Marshall.

Hope you get a legit chance on an NFL team to prove it.

Last edited:

paceram

Pro Bowler
Good Luck during Senior Bowl Week, Nick Marshall.

Hope you get a legit chance on an NFL team to prove it.

Memphis - If you were picking for the Rams would you select Marshall in the upcoming draft and if so what round would you take him?

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memphis - If you were picking for the Rams would you select Marshall in the upcoming draft and if so what round would you take him?

Would I?
Depends upon who is hired to be the offensive coordinator.

Where?
Depends upon what he does this week at the Senior Bowl.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Better Mike Vick? Nah.
Did you see Vick at Virginia Tech?

Now imagine someone with a somewhat similar size and skill set willing to take his craft more seriously in the the NFL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you see Vick at Virginia Tech?

Now imagine someone with a somewhat similar size and skill set willing to take his craft more seriously in the the NFL.

Except he doesn't have the same skill-set. Vick was a better runner...Marshall does not have Vick's combination of elusiveness, change of directional skills, and agility.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Except he doesn't have the same skill-set. Vick was a better runner...Marshall does not have Vick's combination of elusiveness, change of directional skills, and agility.

I don't agree with you, but I did say somewhat similar and not the same. I will say that Vick is faster though. But, again, did you see Vick play QB at Virginia Tech?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't agree with you, but I did say somewhat similar and not the same. I will say that Vick is faster though. But, again, did you see Vick play QB at Virginia Tech?

Nope.

I did see him in the NFL and he was a more dynamic runner.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Nope.

I did see him in the NFL and he was a more dynamic runner.
Eddie-Murphy-A-Ok-Reaction.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Question for you, Memphis. In a NFL scheme, how effective do you think Marshall could be as a starting QB? I'm just curious.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again I like Nick because once he takes over as the Field General for the Rams we can term it...The Marshall Plan!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Marshall wont be an NFL starting QB. He is not a good enough passer. I don't see any team letting their starting QB run on purpose. Three games into a season the entire offense will have to be scrapped because the QB took too many hits and is out for the year.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Okay...which pro scheme(not counting Philly's), do you think he'd be the best in? And how productive do you see him being?

To tell the truth, I'm not sure that there is a traditional scheme that one could name. It really depends upon the offensive coordinator and his willingness to play him to his strengths vs. mistakenly trying to force fit him into a traditional package.

That went for Vick, Newton, RGIII, McNabb, McNair, etc.
And will go for Mariota, too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To tell the truth, I'm not sure that there is a traditional scheme that one could name. It really depends upon the offensive coordinator and his willingness to play him to his strengths vs. mistakenly trying to force fit him into a traditional package.

You don't think there's anyone who will let him operate like Vick used to in Atlanta? In that vein, I do agree with your premise. With at least 4-5 teams usually having bad passers, you'd think at least one team would say, "Screw it, just go run around out there and make things happen."

You'd think it would be better than just accepting bad QB play.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Marshall wont be an NFL starting QB. He is not a good enough passer. I don't see any team letting their starting QB run on purpose. Three games into a season the entire offense will have to be scrapped because the QB took too many hits and is out for the year.

Better passer than Vick was when he came out and he's still playing. And after playing CB as a freshman.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Maybe UCLA will draft him.
Mora will know how to use him.

Memphis Ram

Legend
You don't think there's anyone who will let him operate like Vick used to in Atlanta? In that vein, I do agree with your premise. With at least 4-5 teams usually having bad passers, you'd think at least one team would say, "Screw it, just go run around out there and make things happen."

You'd think it would be better than just accepting bad QB play.

Makes all the sense in the world vs. hoping that your team is lucky enough to nab of the 7-10 traditional dropback passers of any quality in the league at any given moment in time.